PDA

View Full Version : Paul's "Perry" ad on front page Huffington called an inconvenient truth lol

Dianne
09-06-2011, 10:17 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/06/ron-paul-rick-perry-al-gore_n_950144.html

freeforall
09-06-2011, 10:38 AM
I have noticed quite a few negative articles about Perry today - mostly his support of Al Gore and that he's only been in a debate 4 times in the last 10 years. Bachman seems to be having a rough day too. Romney seems in the clear for now.

I bet they planned to announce the Perry ad yesterday, but decided to wait because he would inevitably get positive press for going back to TX to do his job. I think that was a smart move. The media had enough time to show their bias, but they attacked when it was still in people's minds that he may have ducked out on purpose. I also think it is great that RP initiated the attack on the frontrunner. It shows he is playing to win and not waiting for someone else to do dirty work when it needs to be done. Plus, it's not personal, just based on facts.

Good job RP campaign team!

bill1971
09-06-2011, 11:30 AM
I don't think it is a great plan. It is in the past and Perry could dismiss it by saying Reagan started out a democrat. There's so much current things to get Perry on.

JamesButabi
09-06-2011, 12:04 PM
I think its a good ad because we are targeting the soundbyte crowd with TV ads. Anyone who actually looks into real issues should find RP or other things naturally.

anaconda
09-06-2011, 12:51 PM
Reagan increased the national debt by magnitudes. Why does everyone keep lauding him?

Working Poor
09-06-2011, 01:05 PM
I am not so impressed with the ad myself...

kahless
09-06-2011, 01:07 PM
Reagan increased the national debt by magnitudes. Why does everyone keep lauding him?

The media narrative on Reagan has been saying otherwise for many years. The propaganda worked for the politically ignorant, those with short memories and on the younger generations that are not familiar with his record.

The campaign seems to be taking advantage of peoples ignorance just like the Neocons and the MSM does against Ron. Well played.

freeforall
09-06-2011, 01:09 PM
I think its a good ad because we are targeting the soundbyte crowd with TV ads. Anyone who actually looks into real issues should find RP or other things naturally.

Right. Reagan is just an idea to most people. Ron has to introduce himself to a wide range if voters. He already makes sense to people that study the issues. He needs to appeal to people who vote from their gut. I don't understand attacking him for trying to win.

speciallyblend
09-06-2011, 01:11 PM
I have noticed quite a few negative articles about Perry today - mostly his support of Al Gore and that he's only been in a debate 4 times in the last 10 years. Bachman seems to be having a rough day too. Romney seems in the clear for now.

I bet they planned to announce the Perry ad yesterday, but decided to wait because he would inevitably get positive press for going back to TX to do his job. I think that was a smart move. The media had enough time to show their bias, but they attacked when it was still in people's minds that he may have ducked out on purpose. I also think it is great that RP initiated the attack on the frontrunner. It shows he is playing to win and not waiting for someone else to do dirty work when it needs to be done. Plus, it's not personal, just based on facts.

i have to agree with you. something tells me this was the big announcement that was planned for yesterday!! gotta love the huff headline roflmao

speciallyblend
09-06-2011, 01:12 PM

ok i am gonna say this one last time, this ad is designed to appeal to establishment and older republicans!! there is your answer, politics!!

Travlyr
09-06-2011, 01:13 PM

Because he didn't really want to expand government.
"A Time For Choosing" by Ronald Reagan (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/entry.php?418-quot-A-Time-For-Choosing-quot-by-Ronald-Reagan)

Bruno
09-06-2011, 01:13 PM

+ rep

This does make perfect sense.

speciallyblend
09-06-2011, 01:15 PM
The media narrative on Reagan has been saying otherwise for many years. The propaganda worked for the politically ignorant, those with short memories and on the younger generations that are not familiar with his record.

The campaign seems to be taking advantage of peoples ignorance just like the Neocons and the MSM does against Ron. Well played.

exactly, we need more ads that call out the liars,phonies such as romney,perry and bachmann, call them out asap!!!

devil21
09-06-2011, 01:45 PM
Throwing out Al Gore's name also gets a visceral reaction from the anti-AGW theory crowd. Perry = global warming.

ItsTime
09-06-2011, 01:48 PM
The first of many ads against Perry. This is just the start of round one my friends.

fearthereaperx
09-06-2011, 02:35 PM
Can't wait for the Guardasil ad next!

TCE
09-06-2011, 02:47 PM
Is the "Be Wary of Perry" idea going to be used? If not by Ron, I hope Bachmann or Romney picks it up.

BrendanWenzel
09-06-2011, 03:00 PM
The first of many ads against Perry. This is just the start of round one my friends.

Agreed. We haven't seen nothing yet. If they're willing to do this now, then that's a good sign for later!

ghengis86
09-06-2011, 03:09 PM
Ron left the GOP in 1987 b/c Reagan expanded government and raised tactics. Perry is hitting back with this contradiction. I think this could score Perry some points; scoring political points using Reagan might backfire.

ETA: "if Reagan was so great, why did Ron criticize his administration and leave the party?"

I'm sure RP can explain that he believed in Reagan's intentions but not his actions, no? Maybe not that bad of an ad. We'll see.

ItsTime
09-06-2011, 03:12 PM
Ron left the GOP in 1987 b/c Reagan expanded government and raised tactics. Perry is hitting back with this contradiction. I think this could score Perry some points; scoring political points using Reagan might backfire.

There is no contradiction. Ron Paul endorsed RR because RR said he wanted to shrink government, but then he didnt.

ghengis86
09-06-2011, 03:20 PM
There is no contradiction. Ron Paul endorsed RR because RR said he wanted to shrink government, but then he didnt.

Yeah, thought about that as soon as I posted.

If Ron's asked about, he can probably chip away at Reagan's god-like status with traditional Repubs (at the Reagan library no less!)

trey4sports
09-06-2011, 03:27 PM
Here's what your average GOP voter sees....

Ron Paul endorsed and led the fight for Reagan many years ago(most important thing). Perry endorsed Gore and helped him fight to undo Reagans progress, and then Ron Paul left the GOP because it was becoming too liberal.

freeforall
09-06-2011, 03:50 PM

Everybody seems to conjure RR to show that they are conservative these days. Let Perry try to argue that Ron Paul flipped on Ronald Reagan. It illustrates that he supported smaller government when he endorsed him, and he still stood for smaller government when he left the party.

eta: Unlike Perry who's endorsement of Al Gore supported a "conservative democrat" and now that it is more popular he supports tea party conservatism - and those are two very different things.

Fredom101
09-06-2011, 04:15 PM
ok i am gonna say this one last time, this ad is designed to appeal to establishment and older republicans!! there is your answer, politics!!

Yes it's appealing to ignorance but isn't that being dishonest? I don't like the RP/Reagan connection because Reagan was a big government president.

Aratus
09-06-2011, 05:31 PM
wasn't ronnie reagan's alzheimer's a factor in term two?
nancy + the H.W were running things on a day to day
basis. it could be argued dr. ron paul picked up on the
fact that a different "hand" was manifest during term two...