PDA

View Full Version : Tea Party calls on Obama to Rebuke Fiery Comments

bobbyw24
09-06-2011, 05:18 AM
Jacksonville, FL —

WASHINGTON —A tea party group called on President Barack Obama to rebuke Teamsters President Jim Hoffa for urging him to use supporters at a Labor Day rally as an army to march and "take out" tea partyers, describing the remarks as "a call for violence."

Obama was not on stage at the Detroit rally when Hoffa made the remarks Monday. The White House declined to comment on the flap.

In addressing the crowd before Obama's appearance, Hoffa said there has been a war on workers. "And you see it everywhere, it is the tea party. And you know, there is only one way to beat and win that war. The one thing about working people is we like a good fight. And you know what? They've got a war, they got a war with us and there's only going to be one winner. It's going to be the workers of Michigan, and America. We're going to win that war."

http://goo.gl/3Wy2u

A Son of Liberty
09-06-2011, 05:54 AM
Let me see if I have the logic down, yet:

Folks like Hoffa and Obama don't need to "apologize" for rhetoric that some folks feel is inflammatory, because they want to use the power of government to "help" people. Their intentions are good. They have noble aims. It is people who wish to interfere with those aims, really, who should be doing the apologizing, for getting in the way of their good work. If these obstructors would either acquiesce or get out of the way, there'd be no need for any kind of rhetoric at all.

They are peace-loving, well-intentioned people. They come for the fruits of your labor with flowers and candy, don't you know?

reillym
09-06-2011, 07:23 AM
How many times have teabaggers used the same rhetoric? Many times more. This story is a non-story.

A Son of Liberty
09-06-2011, 09:35 AM
How many times have teabaggers used the same rhetoric? Many times more. This story is a non-story.

Naturally. I just find it ironic, given that usually leftists like to (mistakenly) think of themselves as loving, caring and peaceful people.