PDA

View Full Version : How Globalism Killed American Labor by Pat Buchanan

bobbyw24
09-06-2011, 04:58 AM
Patrick J Buchanan

What happened to this idea that made America a self-sufficient republic, producing almost all it consumed, a nation that could stay out of the world wars as long as she wished and crush the greatest powers in Europe and Asia in less than four years after she went in?

A new class came to power that looked on tariffs as xenophobic, on economic patriotism as atavistic and on national sovereignty as an antique idea in the new world order it envisioned.

By 1976, editorial writers were talking about a new declaration of interdependence to replace Thomas Jefferson’s Declaration of Independence, which was now outdated.

The new idea was to replicate America on a global scale, to throw open the borders of all nations as the borders of the 50 states were open, to abolish all tariffs and trade barriers, and to welcome the free flow of goods and people across all frontiers, thereby creating the One World that statesmen such as Woodrow Wilson and Wendell Willkie had envisioned.

By three decades ago, this globalist ideology had captured both national parties, a product of universities dominated by New Dealers.

http://buchanan.org/blog/how-capital-crushed-labor-4861

bobbyw24
09-06-2011, 06:36 AM
Elizabeth Warren: America’s future depends on jobs

Harvard Law School professor Elizabeth Warren suggested Monday that she was planning to run for the U.S. Senate during a speech at a breakfast held by the Greater Boston Labor Council.

“America’s future depends on jobs… but we can’t just made jobs out of thin air,” she said. “We need to build the kind of future that creates jobs, and that keeps creating them generation after generation. We need a future of growth and opportunity.”

Warren added that the U.S. needed to expand its manufacturing base, so that American products could be sold around the world. She thinks tax breaks and bailouts will do little to help create American jobs, and called for investments in education and infrastructure.

“Now is the time to rebuild America’s middle class,” Warren continued. “Instead of subsidizing the past — those who’ve already made it — we need to invest in the future.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rawreplay/2011/09/elizabeth-warren-americas-future-depends-on-jobs/

Travlyr
09-06-2011, 07:04 AM
Elizabeth Warren: America’s future depends on jobs

Harvard Law School professor Elizabeth Warren suggested Monday that she was planning to run for the U.S. Senate during a speech at a breakfast held by the Greater Boston Labor Council.

“America’s future depends on jobs… but we can’t just made jobs out of thin air,” she said. “We need to build the kind of future that creates jobs, and that keeps creating them generation after generation. We need a future of growth and opportunity.”

Warren added that the U.S. needed to expand its manufacturing base, so that American products could be sold around the world. She thinks tax breaks and bailouts will do little to help create American jobs, and called for investments in education and infrastructure.

“Now is the time to rebuild America’s middle class,” Warren continued. “Instead of subsidizing the past — those who’ve already made it — we need to invest in the future.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rawreplay/2011/09/elizabeth-warren-americas-future-depends-on-jobs/
The Ivy League people interfering with and controlling society is the problem. "We need to build the kind of future that creates jobs..." Baloney.

I don't want a job. Life presents plenty of tasks that need done every day, so we don't need some dogooder making more work. Just let us do it without fines, fees, duties, taxes, rules, regulations, imprisonment, and oversight. Let people have unadulterated opportunity within the rule of law. Let us enjoy the opportunity that life presents.

Whatever job Elizabeth plans to create for me is not likely something I would choose for myself. Go home Elizabeth Warren and stop trying to manage the lives of others. Leave us alone.

Cutlerzzz
09-06-2011, 07:07 AM
"How Capital Crushed Labor".

So capital is bad now? Should we destroy capital in order to "create jobs"?

bobbyw24
09-06-2011, 07:19 AM
"How Capital Crushed Labor".

So capital is bad now? Should we destroy capital in order to "create jobs"?

Yeah--that's why I changed the title of the thread

Legend1104
09-06-2011, 08:35 PM
I disagree with the major themes of this article. Self-sufficency like what he speaks of leds to higher prices and war. Only when countries are more connected economically do you reduce the likelhood of wars. Plus it doesn't mean giving up national soverignty

Cutlerzzz
09-06-2011, 08:42 PM
I disagree with the major themes of this article. Self-sufficency like what he speaks of leds to higher prices and war. Only when countries are more connected economically do you reduce the likelhood of wars. Plus it doesn't mean giving up national soverignty

+1

wannaberocker
09-06-2011, 09:01 PM
What do these folks want? A closed economy like that of North Korea?

And Elizebeth Warren, man this woman is sooo full of shit. Her and others like her think they are the smartest people in America and if only they could controll the economy, all would be wonderful. She just like Obama believe in a command economy where the intillectuals controll everything.