PDA

View Full Version : Strategy to convert Bachmann supporters

Ronpauljones
09-05-2011, 10:39 PM
It is looking like Bachmann's campaign is falling apart and she could drop out of the race soon. We need to come up with a strategy/strategies to convert Michele Bachmann supporters into Ron Paul supporters. We need them on our side, we cant afford to let them go somewhere else. We need to brainstorm.

Any ideas?

tsai3904
09-05-2011, 10:47 PM
Let them know that Bachmann's been learning from Ron Paul by attending his weekly lunches. Her economic views are most in line with Ron Paul than any of the other candidates.

http://washingtonindependent.com/41786/ron-pauls-economic-theories-winning-gop-converts

Bachmann “goes to these luncheons on a weekly basis,” said Debbee Keller, Bachmann’s press secretary.

Ronpauljones
09-05-2011, 11:07 PM
Good idea.

LibertyEagle
09-05-2011, 11:10 PM
What tsai said, plus if we really want to bring them over to Ron Paul, RP supporters should not be seen bashing the Constitution, God, Christians, Israel, or Jews.

Ronpauljones
09-05-2011, 11:44 PM
What Liberty said.

Ronpauljones
09-06-2011, 01:05 PM
bump for more ideas

CaptUSA
09-06-2011, 01:14 PM
Step one?

Stop pissing them off.

Step two? See above.

Ronpauljones
09-06-2011, 01:33 PM
Step one?

Stop pissing them off.

Step two? See above.

Yeah some people took the complete wrong approach. Bachmann made herself into a Paul clone. All we had to do is point out how similar they are and step back and they would have come to Paul. Instead we launched an attack against Bachmann just like we did with Perry. The difference is we needed to attack Perry.

CaptUSA
09-06-2011, 01:40 PM
Yeah some people took the complete wrong approach. Bachmann made herself into a Paul clone. All we had to do is point out how similar they are and step back and they would have come to Paul. Instead we launched an attack against Bachmann just like we did with Perry. The difference is we needed to attack Perry.
I agree. Perry will not fall on his own. He is being propped up by some powerful players and will continue to be. That's why this ad was so good. It did not attack Perry's ideas (since he doesn't really have any), it attacked the facade that Perry is portraying.

But the same thing holds true... The way to go after Perry, and Bachman for that matter, is that they are not the best leader for the job. If someone is 100% pro-Perry, don't try to tear Perry down - try to instill Paul as their second choice. DO THIS! If you try to turn a solid Perry supporter, you will only turn him away from Ron Paul.

Romulus
09-06-2011, 01:47 PM
Use the link in my sig about what do when you approach a Rick Perry supporter... same tactic can be applied.

Bosco Warden
09-06-2011, 01:52 PM
I dont see what the problem is, who is the other conservative running, did I miss something?

dannno
09-06-2011, 01:58 PM
What tsai said, plus if we really want to bring them over to Ron Paul, RP supporters should not be seen bashing the Constitution, God, Christians, Israel, or Jews.

I never bash the Constitution (except a minor point when it comes to IP), Christians as a whole (except one post I made a little while back, but it wasn't really bashing them) or Jews.

Ron Paul has said that Gaza is like a concentration camp. It's really hard not to bash the state of Israel who is continually stealing land and resources and occupying a third world country.

Why shouldn't Christians bash the Westboro Baptist Church and other biggoted Christian groups? I think Americans would have much less of a problem with Christians if they didn't have such a united front against bashing any group that labels themselves Christians.

I mean, if I'm talking directly to a Bachmann supporter, that's one thing.. you have to have tact.. but to change the entire face of the campaign just to accept a group who has many biggoted members and is a small percentage of the population and then turning around and ostracizing the majority of the general population who thinks many of the views Bachmann holds are biggoted doesn't make a lot of sense.

I'm sure there are a lot of Bachmann supporters who are not biggoted and I hope they find the RP campaign.. but I don't think that we need to make groups that are trying to take away people's liberty off the table for discussion. SOME Christrian groups are trying to do that, and Israel is most certainly doing that.

AuH20
09-06-2011, 02:05 PM

You win the prize. Too many have been going after Bachmann like she's Perry or something. There are graduations in terms of philosophy and Bachmann isn't in Perry's class.

NickOdell
09-06-2011, 02:11 PM
Maybe point them towards the video where MB praises RP when they were campaigning together or something?

EDIT: Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7G_pey51A8

enoch150
09-06-2011, 03:06 PM
It is looking like Bachmann's campaign is falling apart and she could drop out of the race soon.

Is she out of money? That's the only way I see her dropping out of the race at this point in time.

brushfire
09-06-2011, 03:09 PM
maybe point them towards the video where mb praises rp when they were campaigning together or something?

Edit: Here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7G_pey51A8

qft

harikaried
09-06-2011, 03:10 PM
Is she out of money? That's the only way I see her dropping out of the race at this point in time.
Unsure if the Bachmann campaign ran up debts they were hoping to offset by winning the straw poll, but they're getting less than they expected:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20101791-503544.html

Perry's entrance into the race "has slowed our money down," Rollins acknowledged on CNN's AC360 program Monday night, where he phoned in to discuss his changed role. "It took a lot of the momentum that we could have gotten out of the straw poll victory," he added, referring to Bachmann's victory in a symbolically important balloting of Iowa Republicans last month.

harikaried
09-06-2011, 03:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7G_pey51A8I wonder if we can get someone to clean it up and balance the audio a bit. Could probably be shortened a bit too.

erowe1
09-06-2011, 03:14 PM
I think things that highlight RP's fiscal conservatism are going to be the best selling points. That 1987 letter is a good tool. Also, things showing Bachmann denigrating the Federal Reserve and praising Austrian economics will be good.

One thing to be careful of is the whole immigration issue. NumbersUSA rates Bachmann the best Republican candidate, judged according to their anti-immigration stances, and they rate Ron Paul the worst of all Republicans, because of his free market/open borders positions.
https://www.numbersusa.com/content/action/2012-presidential-hopefuls-immigration-stances.html

So when dealing with Bachmann supporters, either play down their differences on that, or try to convince about how superior freedom is to central planning of who gets to live where.