PDA

View Full Version : Omaha Free State Project / Liberty Caravan meetup, Sep 10, noon

brycen
09-05-2011, 10:28 PM
Hello. My name is Bryce Nielsen, I am organizing a Liberty Caravan for people moving to New Hampshire as part of the Free State Project. I will be in Omaha, Sep 10, noon - 2 pm. There is a facebook event here (http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=228591643860395). Anyone wishing to hear about this new strategy for liberty, involving 20,000 liberty lovers moving to one state to create a free society there, please come to my event. You can RSVP on Facebook, I am also looking for input on a suitable location in Omaha for this event. Please invite your liberty-loving friends as well.

brycen
09-09-2011, 05:45 AM
I have chosen a location, for my own convenience, since no one has signed up on Facebook yet. I will be stopping there tomorrow to eat my own lunch, but will not stay until 2 if no one else shows up. I will be wearing some kind of liberty-related T-shirt, and a Liberty Caravan custom-designed cap, and driving a green car with a bunch of liberty bumper stickers.

The location is TradeWinds restaurant (Ramada Plaza Hotel and Convention Center)
3321 South 72nd Street, Omaha, NE, just off I-80 exit 449. I will be driving over from western Nebraska that morning, my only other planned stop in town is the Omaha zoo, where I plan to visit an attraction I have known about for many years and never made it to yet, the drive-through wildlife safari. The zoo is just a few miles away, off the same freeway, so this will be convenient.

If you are in or near Omaha, please RSVP! You don't have to be interested in the Free State Project although I wouldn't mind. Even mild curiosity would suffice, from a person who is committed to liberty.

brycen
09-10-2011, 07:19 PM
Well, no one came. No big surprise since no one responded on Facebook.

One thing I noticed in Nebraska is a strong sense of state identity, at least with respect to the college football team, the Nebraska Cornhuskers. Probably a third of the 20 or so people in the restaurant were wearing Huskers shirts, and at a couple of stores I stopped at, many of the workers were wearing Huskers shirts as well, one told me they're allowed to wear them on any day the team has a game.

So with the strong sense of state identity, probably not a lot of people would be open to moving to another state to try to establish freedom.
Well, I tried anyway.

ronpaulhawaii
09-10-2011, 08:01 PM
Well, no one came. No big surprise since no one responded on Facebook.

One thing I noticed in Nebraska is a strong sense of state identity, at least with respect to the college football team, the Nebraska Cornhuskers. Probably a third of the 20 or so people in the restaurant were wearing Huskers shirts, and at a couple of stores I stopped at, many of the workers were wearing Huskers shirts as well, one told me they're allowed to wear them on any day the team has a game.

So with the strong sense of state identity, probably not a lot of people would be open to moving to another state to try to establish freedom.
Well, I tried anyway.

Welcome to the crucible.

(and IMO, you didn't "try", you practiced ;) )

brycen
09-10-2011, 09:37 PM
Thanks for the correction. I am practicing, but very rusty at what I am doing to spread the word. I hope to improve by learning from the other people in New Hampshire who have more experience.