PDA

View Full Version : ***Most Recent GALLUP Poll***

eleganz
09-05-2011, 09:50 PM
http://www.gallup.com/poll/election.aspx

Ron paul is doing poor in positive intensity, its actually been dropping the last few weeks but his other numbers are not bad, we still have tons of work to do people!

Jdagucci
09-05-2011, 10:02 PM
damn tht sucks

kah13176
09-05-2011, 10:06 PM
Our positive intensity score is 2nd-to-last. This is pathetic.

Paul4Prez
09-05-2011, 10:14 PM
Positive intensity doesn't matter. How many votes you get matters.

sailingaway
09-05-2011, 10:15 PM
That intensity crap is pure spin as far as I'm concerned. People will vote for you or they won't, and facts on the ground say his support is pretty intense. Those who won't vote for him can hate his guts but they can't do more than vote against him -- just as those who merely dislike the others will vote against them.

eleganz
09-05-2011, 10:21 PM
In my opinion positive intensity doesn't have any meaning either but it is a way some people see things.

Let's look at Herman Cain, his positive intensity is through the roof but his support is piss poor.

It still doesn't matter though, we have to help Ron raise his numbers throughout the scoreboard, don't give them a reason to doubt us.

Jdagucci
09-05-2011, 10:22 PM
In my opinion positive intensity doesn't have any meaning either but it is a way some people see things.

Let's look at Herman Cain, his positive intensity is through the roof but his support is piss poor.

It still doesn't matter though, we have to help Ron raise his numbers throughout the scoreboard, don't give them a reason to doubt us.

lmao tht made me laugh but very true...on the cain part btw

Maximus
09-05-2011, 10:33 PM
Exactly, Herman Cain is at 4% and has great "positive intensity"

Don't worry about this. Let's get Paul to 25% in Iowa pronto and everything will take care of itself.

RestoreTheRepublic
09-05-2011, 10:36 PM
I'm not sure what everyone else is looking at, but if you click on the actual poll numbers link Ron's poll rating is actually trending up.

He increased 3 percentage points, going from 10% in July to 13% in August.

At the same time, Romney dropped 6 percentage points to 17%, and Bachmann dropped 3 percentage points to 10%.

While I would like to see Ron's favorability increase, I take little stock in meaningfulness of these ratings if Cain is leading all candidates.

D.A.S.
09-05-2011, 10:51 PM
I think positive intensity is meaningless. You can have a real positive/favorable view of someone and not vote for them. So which percentage of positive ratings translate into actual votes for a given candidate? That parameter must vary a lot, as Pawlenty and Santorum used to have higher score than Ron Paul, but where are they now?

I think Ron's positive intensity score dropped since the FEMA debacle... But it will come back again.

blakjak
09-05-2011, 11:01 PM
Positive intensity IS important. If someone has a negative view of you, it's much harder to change than if someone has a neutral view of you.

I suspect the negativity is a result from his comments on Iran a couple of weeks ago.

Article V
09-05-2011, 11:28 PM
Positive intensity is going down because, in my opinion, Ron Paul is getting side-tracked by all the "extreme" perspectives the media wants to talk to him about.

The media asks Ron Paul about Iran...Ron Paul talks about allowing Iran to have a nuclear weapon. Do they ask any other candidate about Iran? Is Iran in any way a selling point for whomever the next President will be? No.

The media asks Ron Paul about drugs...Ron Paul talks about legalizing heroin. Do they ask any other candidate about drugs? Are drugs in any way a selling point for whomever the next President will be? No.

The media asks Ron Paul about FEMA...Ron Paul talks about shutting down FEMA. Do they ask any other candidate about FEMA? Is FEMA in any way a selling point for whomever the next President will be? No.

If you want to be President, you have to address the issues that concern the voters most. Ron Paul got into politics because of his understanding of economics. The economy and job market is what most concerns voters right now. Ron Paul needs to play to his strengths because his strengths are what the people are most concerned about now. If Ron Paul gets asked a question that distracts from the primary concerns of voters, Ron Paul needs to redirect the question by back to his strengths. If he doesn't, he loses. His positive intensity will continue to go down, and he'll become the niche candidate the media wants him to be.

So stop allowing the media to control Ron Paul's talking points. Instead, when he's asked a question about an "extreme" topic, he needs to take control of the conversation by responding with something to the effect of:

As President I vow to uphold the Constitution and the laws of the land. You want to talk to me about heroin use or Iran nukes; yes, those are problems...but they're problems for another day. Iran is not a threat and the CIA confirms this. Legalizing heroin is on no one's priority list, including mine.

What's most concerning to the American people right now is the economy, the devaluation of the dollar, and the perpetually high unemployment rate. That's what my Presidency is going to be focused on. Every other issue has to wait while we address our most pressing problems. You want to make my Presidency seem strange because I believe in liberty, but what's so strange about wanting people to be free? Freedom is what made our country great; and every time we've squashed freedom, we've suffered the consequences.

I left my medical practice for a life in public service, because I had a unique understanding of economics that allowed me to see the coming dangers our country would eventually face if we didn't correct ourselves. Well, guess what? We haven't. And now the danger's upon us. The American people know this, they want change. The Tea Party knows this, they want principled accountability. Americans elected Obama because they thought he'd change things. He hasn't; Obama's made things worse. Now Republicans have a chance to give people real change...but if the Tea Party & the rest of America once again get distracted by smooth-talking, good-looking politicians--like Obama, like Mitt Romney, like Rick Perry, who tell you what you want to hear just so they can accumulate power for themselves and their friends--then America is again going to be disappointed.

Rick Perry, Mitt Romney, these people aren't principled small government Republcians. Rick Perry was Al Gore's campaign manager, he grew government in Texas (which the press is ignoring for now), and he wrote a book that he's already disavowed only 9 months after writing it. Mitt Romney is the architect that brought us Obama-care. And now they want to call themselves principled Tea Partiers? And we're going to believe them?! Put down the kool-aid and take a shot of reality. I'm the only candidate up here who predicted the economic collapse, the devaluation of the dollar, the housing bubble, the rise in unemployment, the dangers of the Federal Reserve. I'm the only candidate with a consistently principled voting record for sound economics and Constitutional government.

All these other candidates are Johnny-come-lately, say-what-you-want-to-hear, put-me-in-power, poser politicians. I'm not that. I'm an honest man who wants to restore power back where it belongs: in the hands of the people and their states. I'm not perfect. I don't have great hair or young looks, I stammer when I speak--all that's true. What you see is what you get. And what you get is someone trustworthy who believes in you, believes in America, and believes in the vision our Founders prepared for us. My years give me experience and historical perspective far beyond those of my competitors, my work in health care and economics gives me an understanding of the problems and the methods for solution far beyond those of my competitors.

You can write me off or try to ostracize me, but the American people are waking up in greater numbers each day. And now they're faced with a solemn choice: more big government? or less? more sweet-talkers? or frank honesty? We can choose to elect a President like a beauty pageant, or we can vote our hearts when we go to the ballot box. If we become engaged and vote our hearts, we have a chance to turn the tides of history. Now is our opportunity. We're on the precipice of change. I predicted we'd be here, and I'm the only candidate running who knows the way back.Obviously this is too long a statement for every situation, but the spirit of it needs to be in his answers.

sailingaway
09-05-2011, 11:47 PM
Positive intensity IS important. If someone has a negative view of you, it's much harder to change than if someone has a neutral view of you.

Yeah, but so long as a distinct minority feel that way, who cares? We aren't going to win over everyone, even if Ron wins.

now, Palin apparently has 61% negative rating. That is different.