PDA

View Full Version : Possibly 10 years in prison for petitioning big government

JohnCrabtree
11-04-2007, 08:14 PM
I have not seen this discussed anywhere on these forums and I feel that it is of great importance to bring this to the attention of more freedom loving americans. Although these men followed the laws at the time, they are being charged with threats of hefty prison terms. This is directly from the site "Freepauljacob.com:

National term limits leader and initiative rights advocate Paul Jacob and two others were indicted in Oklahoma October 2, 2007, on felony charges of violating the state’s statute requiring petition circulators to be residents of Oklahoma.

“This indictment is not about the law, but about politics—ugly, anti-democratic politics,” said Paul Jacob, president of the pro-initiative group Citizens in Charge and a senior fellow at the Sam Adams Alliance, a grassroots political organization. “Their prosecution is a 100-percent politically-motivated attempt to threaten and intimidate me, and any other citizen wishing to petition their government.”

Jacob and his co-defendents — Susan Johnson, president of National Voter Outreach, a petition management firm, and Rick Carpenter, the proponent of the controversial 2005 initiative that would have set a cap on state government spending that could only be lifted by a vote of the people — pled not guilty.

If you would like to learn more, please visit Freepauljacob.com

-John Crabtree

american.swan
11-04-2007, 11:57 PM
bump