PDA

View Full Version : Live twitting from SC presidential forum summary

Harald
09-05-2011, 03:10 PM
Part 1.

Livetwitting from SC DeMint presidential forum. MB, Cain, Paul, Gingrich, Mitt are on stage.

Demint: All candidates back to your rooms. MB you stay!

MB: Thank you for y'all. I am a constitutional conservative. Props to Calvine Coolidge. Constitution is cool. Coolidge cool. FDR bad
MB: FDR or Coolidge? Which view of constitution will prevail today? Bill of rights reasserts principles of Declaration of Independence
DeMint to MB: If you are prez, what would you downsize / eliminate / send back to the states?
MB: Obamacare, individual mandates unconstit. Czars unconstit. Obama not uphold DOMA. Obama won't deport illegal aliens. Down with dept Educ
DeMint to MB: Jobs - big issue, people are hurting. What is your jobs program?
MB: I am business owner. Profit is a good thing. Zero tax on repatriated earnings. Corporate tax immediately down to 20%. Stop Obamacare
DeMint to MB: What is your opinion of unionization of govt employes and Union in general?
MB: I am for right-to-work. NRLB hurts Boeing in SC. NRLB hurts right-to-work state. I would not appoint any union friends to NRLB

SteveKing to MB: Are we still shining city on the hill? How will we get back there?
MB: Yes we are! Book of Mathew. Sermon. Early Pilgrims. Shining city. Now is our time of choosing. Consitution is cool. Obama sucks
Steve King to MB: What will you do to get our shining city to the next level?
MB: Obamacare must be repealed! Mandate is unconstit. Govt will become dictator of our lives. Obamacare - cancer. Socialized medicine bad
Steve King to MB: Would you tax production or consumption. MB - Consuption. What are the pillars of american exceptionalism
MB: Declaration of indep. Sovereignty is cool. Govt needs consent. Bill of rights too. Free Enterprise Capitalim. Rule of law #debate
Robert George to MB: Trying to confuse MB with 14th amdt and abortion
MB: Confidently replies with something sounding really good
Robert George: Would your VP be for traditional marriage? MB: Yes
Robert George to MB: You argued that not only fed mandate, but also state indiv mandate is unconstitutional. MB: Yes!! RG: Are you sure?

Harald
09-05-2011, 03:15 PM
Here comes mister Cain.
Cain: Thank you to the panel. Thank you for being here. Let's start with first principles. I believe declaration of indep inspired constit.
Cain: All men are created equal. Founders set the bar high. We got our rights from God. Pursue happiness without stepping on others toes
Cain: Those founding principles are under attack. People have right to alter or abolish if govt becomes oppressive
Cain: We are nation of crisis. We have foggy foreign policy crisis. We have severe lack of leadership crisis. My name is Herman Cain!!!
SteveKing to Cain: Ronald Reagan spoke of shining city. Are we still the shining city? Can you take us to a higher level?
Cain: Yes we are! I will take US to the top of the hill.
Cain: Secure our nation security. Obama weakened our social security. I am concerned about Iran.
Cain: Secure our position in the world. My foreign policy is. Know which are friends and which are enemies. Don't give $$ to enemies
Cain: Down with 16th. Add 9-9-9 tax
SteveKing: What is your view on immigration? Do you oppose amnesty?
Cain: Let's secure border for real. Enforce existing laws. Streamline path to citizenship. Empower states to do what fed govt won't do.
SteveKing to Cain: Can we have too many illegal immigrants?
SteveKing: Please talks about 9-9-9
Cain: I like 9-9-9. I like national sales tax. IRS is bad
RG to Cain: Dred Scott decision. Do we need constit amdt to overturn Roe v Wade? But we have 14th amdt, can we use it to overthrow Roe-Wade
Cain: I will confront supreme court, but first congress needs to do its job. I believe in our system. My priority National Sec, Constitution
RG to Cain: Freedom of concience. Same sex adoptions. Funds come from fedgov. Cain: No. It is 1st amdt issue
RG: Traditional Marriage, how is your position different from Obama? What would you do to defend marriage
Cain: I do support trad marriage. President is communicator in chief. I would use bully pulpit to encourage those values
RG to Cain: Poverty is correlated to breakdown of Marriage. Marriage is anti poverty issue. How can you rebuilt the marriage culture?
Cain: Not encourage with handouts poor mother to have more babies
RG to Cain: Will you pick pro trad marriage VP. Cain: Yes
DeMint to Cain: Debt is the largest problem. What would you do to reduce debt in short and long term?
Cain: 1st we must boost economic growth. Bold tax changes will help economy to grow 4-5%. 2nd 10% across the board cut, then remove dups
Cain: Get serious about restructuring things like SS. Chile privatized SS with great success. Not continue tweak
DeMint: How much to cut? Cain: Until we balance DeMint: Balanced budget amdt? Cain: Yes

DeMint to Cain: What about federal reserve? The more I learn the more I concern about it.
Cain: We can fix the fed by having congress to limit fed.reserve authority
Cain: remove dual mandate of federal reserve. Need sound money
Cain: Yes we need a gold standard

Cain in Closing: Survival of this nation is at stake. Lengthy Reagan quote
Cain: I am running for prez 'cause of grandkids

Harald
09-05-2011, 03:16 PM
Gingrich is coming on stage

Gingrich: Thank you all of you. I am from Georgia. I like the same sports team as you do. My kids went to the game too. I am glad to be here
Gingrich: We are the only people who said that our power comes from our Creator. We are human within a fabric created by God
Gingrich: Gibson gitars. FedGov run amok

RobertGeorge to Gingrich: Can we overturn Roe v Wade with 14th? Will you do it. Gingrich: Yes
Gingrich: 14th is cool. Quotes somebody. American Exceptionalism. Use amdt. It is complicated. 4-5 not the same as constit amdt
Gingrich: Supreme court is only supreme among judicial branch. Compared to congress and executive branch SCOTUS is the weakest
Gingrich: I am not as bold as Thomas Jefferson.
Gingrich: Congress & Prez needs to defend US constitution against SCOTUS

RG to Gingrich: Do you respect judicial independence?
Gingrich: Sure. In those cases when Judge agrees with me.
Gingrich: I believe in traditional marriage and I will be defending it

DeMint to Gingrich: What is your jobs plan?
Gingrich: Obama sucks. Food stamp is not a job program
Gingrich: Federal govt destroyed the city of Detroit. See what bad govt policy can do
Gingrich: Repeal Dodd-Frank
Gingrich: Replace EPA with something else. Repeal SOX. Reform FDA
Gingirch: Abolish death tax
Gingrich: finally, american energy plan
Gingrich: Develop our natural gas & oil.
Gingrich: I am for more govt revenue thru economic growth. I am against raising taxes

DeMint: What would you do about debt?
Gingrich: Stop running deficit. I like constitutional balanced budge amdt
Gingrich: super committee is bad. Wash is slow to learn new things

SteveKing to Gingrich: What are your priorities. You seem to be talking a lot?
Gingrich: My first priority is Steve King's Repeal Obamacare house resoution. *Steve King* cries from enjoyment

SteveKing: (some profound question.)
Gingrich: This is very profound question. Starts quoting Lincoln.
SteveKing to Gingrich: 50 million people are waiting to immigrate to US legally. Can there be too many legal immigrants?
Gingrich: In a boom period you can absorb more talented people, than in recession. Assimilation is important
Gingrich: If we are not a melting pot, we can't afford to let to many new immigrants in
Gingrich closing: We won WWII in 44 month

Harald
09-05-2011, 03:17 PM
Ron Paul is on stage. Crowd goes nuts!!!!

Ron Paul: America is run by lobbyist and special interests, we have forgotten about liberty
Ron Paul: Founders decided that Liberty is the cause and should be a cause of all political action. Constit not perfect, but best ever writt
Ron Paul: Constitution limits fedgovt. I don't like the word democracy, as founders were. Republic is what we are
Ron Paul: Need proper understanding of Necessary and Proper, Commerce Clause, General Welfare clause
Ron Paul: Founders understood about danger of unlimited printing of paper money. That is why constitution says only gold and silver

DeMint to Paul: What would you downsize / eliminate?
Ron Paul: Keep Sound Money, Judicial System, Defense, Property Rights and not pretty much else
Ron Paul: Both party added new departments over last 50 years

DeMint to Paul: Federal Reserve, what is the solution? Gold standard?
Ron Paul: President has a limit to what it can do. FedRes was created by the congress and should be limited by federal reserve.
Ron Paul: Legalize competing currency. Allow gold & silver to be used as legal tender. Cannot close the fed by waving a magic wand
Ron Paul: Partial audit showed secret 16 trillion dollar bailout without any approval or knowledge of congress

DeMint to Paul: What is your jobs plan?
Ron Paul: We follow Keynesian economics that teaches you need to spend money. We need to reverse that concept
Ron Paul: We need to repatriate our capital. Weak dollar chases capital away. Get rid of capital gains tax.
Ron Paul: 50% of people are net tax consumers.
Ron Paul: Need to change tax policy, regulatory policy and foreign policy

DeMint to Paul: Foreign Policy?
Ron Paul: I would go with BushJr foreign policy of George Bush. Defend this country. Humble foreign policy
Ron Paul: We subsidize economy of Germany and Japan. Brings the troops home. Let them spend money here at home

SteveKing: Balanced budger amdt?
Ron Paul: I don't like balanced budeget amdt. I am afraid it will lead to higher taxes. I am only interested in spending part
SteveKing: Would you vote on Balanced Budget Amdt?
Ron Paul: I would lean towards it but I don't think it is restrictive enough. GDP calculation is a bad foundation for it.

SteveKing to Paul: welfare state?
Ron Paul: We need to change attitudes of the people. You can't stop the welfare state without chainging people attitudes
Ron Paul: Look at corporate welfare. Look at anyone who gets govt check. Fraud / Waste and Abuse won't cut it.
SteveKing to Ron Paul: How do you tax the 50% who don't pay taxes? Ron Paul: I like it. We are half-way there.
Ron Paul: We need facilites to defend our country. We don't need to project power
Ron Paul: What is the motivation of 9/11? If you don't ask this quesiton, you won't solve the problem
Ron Paul: Besides, we are bankrupt. Bring troops home. That will help the economy

RG to Ron Paul: Have you heard of 14th amdt? Would you use it to overthrow Roe v Wade?
Ron Paul: I would remove the jurisdiction from federal courts with respect to Roe v Wade.
Ron Paul: 14th amdt is confusing. Did it repeal 9th and 10th?
RG to Ron Paul: 14th amdt is cool. I like it
Ron Paul: If it were true, than things like murder, robbery will stop being the matter of state law
RG to Ron Paul: But 14th is really cool. It protects black and unborn
Ron Paul: If you want to stretch interpretation of 14th amdt and enhance the power of federal govt over states. I can understand your argument, but it leads to more & more fedgovt overriding state laws.
Ron Paul: We could have saved millions of lifes if we simply removed federal jurisdiction 10 years ago. Simple majority is enough

Harald
09-05-2011, 03:17 PM
Mitt: Founders are really cool. Citizens are sovereign and govt is servant. Not just political freedom, but also economical freedom
Mitt: States are labs of democracy. Washington became to assertive to big to demanding. Need to reign in government
Mitt: Obama administration is so unconstitutional. Obamacare especially. Repeal. Repeal. Repeal. Personal/Economic/Political freedom. LoveUS

SteveKing: Would you repeal Dodd Frank? Mitt: yeah, but I like a few parts of it we need to keep

Mitt: Dodd Frank is too big. Smaller one would be better. Such uncertainty. Banks don't lend. Dodd & Frank responsible for meltdown
Mitt: Need non-frightening financial regulations. Yes. I would privatize Fanny & Freddy. They failed, as well as Barney Frank & Chris Dodd
Mitt: I will repeal community reinvestment act. It is not just Dems, some Repubs are guilty too
Mitt: I am very analytical. I will talk to my wife and get her feelings. I will go on my knees and ask for inspiraiton. I will look at pics

RG to Mitt: 14th amdt is cool. Would you use it to reverse Roe v Wade?
Mitt: I will appoint judges that will uphold the constitution. They will send Roe v Wade back to the states.
Mitt: I won't use 14th I am afraid of constit crises. I would live within constit, will not provoke crisis
Mitt: I will pick a VP who is pro-life pro-traditional marriage

RG to Mitt: Adoptions by Gays. Fed discriminates against anti-gay adoption agencies. What would you do?
Mitt: I believe is religious tolerance and religious liberty. I won't force ppl to do something against their faith
DeMint to Mitt: Unions and dem party? Public unions?

Mitt: Right to work is a way to go. Unions plays an important role, like carpenter union. Govt. unions are bad.
Mitt: Foreign Policy. I will change it a lot. Obama is reactive. I am glad he get Osama. He opposed surge in Iraq. He did surge in Afganista
Mitt: Obama didn't get arab spring. Obama called Assad a reformer.
Mitt: My foreign policy. Keep america strong. Promote our values. Link hands with out allies. Obama kicked Israel

DeMint to Mitt: Say something about health care? You know, Obamacare, Mittcare

Mitt: I can so debate Obama on Obamacare. My mittcare is so much better. Obama cut medicare. Obama give me a call, I will teach you
Mitt: I understand health care better than most. I thank you and I got to go. Bye

Crickett
09-05-2011, 04:13 PM
appreciate all of your time to do this. An informative piece. TY

sailingaway
09-05-2011, 04:18 PM
Heck, I just posted your twitter feed.... didn't know it was you!

Harald
09-05-2011, 04:38 PM
... didn't know it was you!

I can neither deny nor confirm this statement