PDA

View Full Version : If anybody wants to watch the live stream for South Carolina GOP Forum...

eleganz
09-05-2011, 02:03 PM
I'm not sure if Ron spoke yet but it is currently on gingrich, the candidates are speaking and taking questions one-by-one. GOP contenders: Rep. Michelle Bachmann, Herman Cain, Newt Gingrich, Rep. Ron Paul, and Mitt Romney.

And in typical fashion, Rick Perry is missing-how long can he dodge the limelight? :)

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/palmetto-freedom-forum

djruden
09-05-2011, 02:06 PM
I recommend a much higher quality version and commercial free live stream at CNN.com. Check the front page! ;)

eleganz
09-05-2011, 02:09 PM
I recommend a much higher quality version and commercial free live stream at CNN.com. Check the front page! ;)

Why give more page views to CNN when we have an alternative? Always support the smaller guys, Ron would!

ChrisDixon
09-05-2011, 02:12 PM
Anybody notice the picture on the CNN front page? The picture with the link is of Ron Paul at the debate and everybody looking on.

EDIT: Ron IS LIVE NOW.

eleganz
09-05-2011, 02:15 PM
Ron Paul is speaking NOW! everybody tune in!!

dannno
09-05-2011, 02:38 PM
I only saw the last few minutes, then Romney got up and started talking about how great the Founding Fathers were.

R3volutionJedi
09-05-2011, 02:39 PM
How did you think Ron did?

bb_dg
09-05-2011, 02:44 PM
And in typical fashion, Rick Perry is missing-how long can he dodge the limelight? :)

He won't be able to avoid the debate on Wednesday, where he will be ripped a new one.

angelatc
09-05-2011, 02:46 PM
Mitt Romney is just nothing but a condescending prick.

Embracing the constitution while insisting that the federal government needs to regulate business. Apparently our economic troubles all stem from SOX.

eleganz
09-05-2011, 02:50 PM

I think Ron did Ron like he always does, nothing has changed, he was and always will be the same old man that we love.

He did get fumbled when trying to get points across but that way we know he isn't rehearsing talking points and is only talking from the heart. I actually admire this, most of America can't see past things like this though.

libertygrl
09-05-2011, 03:06 PM

I thought he made some excellent remarks - the best one being about sound money. Can't remember the exact quote but he said something like, "if you use gold or silver today you'll get arrested. Meanwhile the counterfeiters at the Fed can print what they want." That got a chuckle out of the audience.

I thought he was a little hyper today and fumbled with some of his answers. But that's our Dr. Paul. :D
Ginrich who looks like a weeble, worked the room like a trial attorney. In case you're too young to know what a weeble is: http://ts2.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1147301659969&id=13a2d1d8648100f45570ffaae0a8c0fd

Gingrinch seemed to have gotten the most applause, although I didn't watch Romney. I didn't like how CNN kept breaking for commercials while the forum was still going on. But they did that for everyone. I hated when they were at commercial when Ron first walked out.

My one major criticism is that when RP was asked questions about what would you do as President, many of the remarks sounded all doom and gloom. He kept saying changing things wouldn't be easy. Now, I'm a realist and I know that's what he was doing too. Just telling the people the truth. However, I think he needs to temper those remarks and offer some hope too. Not false hope but saying something along the lines that "while we are facing some very difficult times, as President I have a plan that will lead us back to peace and prosperty." People need hope. REAL HOPE. They look to their leaders to offer a sense of hope in very distressing times. RP is an intellectual and I'm sure he's not even thinking about the emotional part. The other candidates all play up to that but in a phoney way. Making fun of Obama and getting all rah-rah for the Republican party. I think there needs to be a balance of stating the dire circumstances that we are in, but offering a plan that will get us out of this mess and offer hope to people that we will turn this thing around.