PDA

View Full Version : Start Saying 'Electable'

bobbyw24
09-05-2011, 04:46 AM
Let’s all agree to take a month off from using the word “unelectable.” I promise it won’t be nearly as hard as refraining from using your iPhone for a day.

I recurrently hear people suggest that a seasoned physician-turned-representative (Ron Paul), a tax attorney-turned congresswoman (Michele Bachmann) and a businessman who took Burger King and Godfather’s Pizza from deficiency to profitability (Herman Cain) are unelectable.

Why not allow candidates like Paul, Bachmann and Cain to speak for themselves before classifying them as unelectable? Why not research all the presidential candidates before you impulsively tell your friends, colleagues and neighbors that so-and-so is “unelectable?”

Paul is a socially conservative libertarian who maintains that individual states should determine issues like abortion and gay marriage. He thinks states should also decide whether to legalize drugs, prostitution and gambling. He wants to secure the border, audit the Federal Reserve, cut government spending and protect the dollar from inflation. He wants a strong military and opposes perpetual armed intervention in the Middle East. Paul’s views cast a wide net that can draw in war-weary independents, gays, young people, women, social conservatives and fiscal hawks.

17-year-old Paul volunteer Jesse Coffey told TIME Magazine: “We’ve run into Romney. We ran into McCain. Whenever you talk to them, you feel like everything they say is almost programmed. When you meet Ron Paul, it’s like meeting an old friend you haven’t seen in years.”

http://townhall.com/columnists/katiekieffer/2011/09/05/start_saying_electable

speciallyblend
09-05-2011, 08:12 AM
that word is not the problem, the gop est is the problem. we can say electable all day long but the talking memos of gop leadership and the sheep in the gop is the same!! the gop will do everything they can to make sure Ron Paul loses and we will do everything we can to make sure he wins but the gop establishment will not let this happen even if it means electing obama!!! If we do not have a nuclear option(3rd party/indy) . Then the gop will make sure we have no option!! We can all argue symantics all day but the bottom line is the gop will choose failure or bigger government before they pick the only republican running Ron Paul 2012!!!!

as i have said since 2008, the gop will elect obama before they allow Ron paul to win, yeah yeah favorite reply we are the gop??? yeah well the gop thinks different and they have fixed the system and control the msm!! but but we have 2016 and 2020, like the gop establishment is gonna let that happen but i guess we can dream! waits for everyone to attack me instead of the gop corruption! the gop is depression!

Paul4Prez
09-05-2011, 02:04 PM
the gop will do everything they can to make sure Ron Paul loses and we will do everything we can to make sure he wins but the gop establishment will not let this happen even if it means electing obama!!!

Defeatist thinking from a bygone era. The Republican nominee will be decided at the Republican national convention, by the delegates. The great majority of the delegates are determined by fair, free, and open primaries and caucuses. If you don't think the primary or caucus in your state is fair, free, and open, volunteer to do something about, for instance by becoming an election day observer in your local precinct. Better yet, work to become a delegate.

If the American people want to be free, they will nominate Ron Paul, and then they will elect Ron Paul. The GOP establishment and leadership can cry all they want, but they set the rules. We're just following them. Anyone who wants to can register as a Republican and vote in the primaries and caucuses, as long as they're legally eligible to vote. The GOP establishment and leadership have only the power that we give them.