PDA

View Full Version : Should countries maintain individual soveriegnty?

Ronpauljones
09-04-2011, 05:59 PM
Do you believe that the world should be made up of:

A) Sovereign countries

B) One World Government

C) Collection of non-sovereign countries but without a central governance

A thread earlier today got me thinking about this and I would like to get your opinions.

Thank you for participating.

BuddyRey
09-04-2011, 06:06 PM
Other: Sovereign individuals who are free to "opt-in" to voluntary sovereign nations or other political arrangements if they want to.

_b_
09-04-2011, 06:25 PM
^^ Voluntary is key, and I generally think that smaller and more localized arrangements are better.

Seraphim
09-04-2011, 06:28 PM
Unfortunately most people are collectivists and vote with their animal instincts - Ben Franklin was right. Once people can vote themselves into financial gain, the free Republic dies.

Things will get much, MUCH worse before any sort of enlightment re-occurs.

^^ Voluntary is key, and I generally think that smaller and more localized arrangements are better.

low preference guy
09-04-2011, 06:29 PM
Definitely, they should maintain it. The War of Independence should've never happened because it didn't allow the British to maintain their sovereignty.

BuddyRey
09-04-2011, 07:13 PM
Bump for the late-night crowd.

heavenlyboy34
09-04-2011, 07:19 PM
Definitely, they should maintain it. The War of Independence should've never happened because it didn't allow the British to maintain their sovereignty.
I agree. Were it not for that silly war, we would probably have money that's worth at least Continental.

erowe1
09-04-2011, 07:21 PM
There's a contradiction between the thread title and the survey.

The thread title mentions individual sovereignty. But the survey doesn't mention it. Where's the option for individual sovereignty?

heavenlyboy34
09-04-2011, 07:24 PM
other: Sovereign individuals who are free to "opt-in" to voluntary sovereign nations or other political arrangements if they want to.ftw!!

Ronpauljones
09-04-2011, 07:25 PM
There's a contradiction between the thread title and the survey.

The thread title mentions individual sovereignty. But the survey doesn't mention it. Where's the option for individual sovereignty?

You're a troll.

/blocked

pcosmar
09-04-2011, 07:29 PM
I have 2 views. I voted " Sovereign countries ", and for now I would like to maintain that.

I oppose "One World Government" because of what shape that would take presently.

Now, I also have other beliefs based on my Faith. I believe that one day there will be a Theocracy. But not a man made Theocracy.
Though I would oppose a Man Made One World Government, I would accept the Creator ruling the earth personally.

For the time being, I would like to see the US maintain it's sovereignty and disentangle itself from other sovereign nations.

Ronpauljones
09-04-2011, 08:53 PM
Bump

Ronpauljones
09-05-2011, 03:43 PM
bump