PDA

View Full Version : Establishment trying to steal another issue from Dr. Paul

FreedomProsperityPeace
09-04-2011, 05:08 PM
I was just watching Fox News Sunday with Chris Wallace, and they had Ed Gillespie on during their panel segment. He brought up crony capitalism as an issue that Republicans should use against Obama. As you might recall, Dr. Paul has brought this issue up a few times this campaign season, such as during an interview with Dylan Ratigan and in the PBS interview.

The funny part was, Wallace suggested Perry was guilty of cronyism too, and gave an example from Texas that I'm not remembering right now. Gillespie, of course, shined it on and turned the conversation back to Obama. :p

wgadget
09-04-2011, 05:10 PM
Yep, when I looked up CRONY CAPITALIST, I saw a picture of Rick Perry.

PastaRocket848
09-04-2011, 06:02 PM
The establishment doesn't "steal issues" from Dr Paul, they adopt his stances (or atleast profess to). This isn't a bad thing, in fact it's the best sign that we're winning the intellectual battle. I like it!

wgadget
09-04-2011, 06:18 PM
I think it's considered "stealing" when credit is not given where credit is due. Knowwhatimean?

specsaregood
09-04-2011, 06:30 PM
Watch out you have all the anti-IP leeches all over you talking about how you can't "steal" ideas, issues and other non-tangible things.

low preference guy
09-04-2011, 06:34 PM
Watch out you have all the anti-IP leeches all over you talking about how you can't "steal" ideas, issues and other non-tangible things.

yeah, this is definitely a great thread to turn into another 100-page IP vs. anti-IP thread.

wgadget
09-04-2011, 06:36 PM
Well, heck, aren't there IP LAWYERS, fergodsake?

specsaregood
09-04-2011, 06:38 PM
yeah, this is definitely a great thread to turn into another 100-page IP vs. anti-IP thread.

don't be stealing my idea bro!

wowrevolution
09-04-2011, 06:39 PM
Talk is cheap!!! They'll scream End the Fed if it will get them elected. Don't imagine for a moment that they're good for their word.

TexMac
09-04-2011, 06:43 PM
Sarah Palin said "crony capitalism" about a thousand times in her speech yesterday.

ForLiberty2012
09-04-2011, 06:46 PM
Those Harvard brothers made 60 million for zuckerberg stealing their facebook idea....... "intellectual property"

wowrevolution
09-04-2011, 06:52 PM
Sarah Palin said "crony capitalism" about a thousand times in her speech yesterday.
Sarah Palin is one of the crony capitalists.

samforpaul
09-04-2011, 07:18 PM
I too see it as a positive when other candidates mimic Ron.

Feeding the Abscess
09-04-2011, 07:39 PM
The establishment doesn't "steal issues" from Dr Paul, they adopt his stances (or atleast profess to). This isn't a bad thing, in fact it's the best sign that we're winning the intellectual battle. I like it!

Not when the establishment has absolutely zero intentions behind doing anything about crony capitalism, aside from giving opposition lip service.

It's a charade, and anyone believing it is falling for it.

Crystallas
09-04-2011, 07:50 PM
Crony Capitalism is not Ron's term. Let's not Sarah-Palin' the facts here.

NJames
09-04-2011, 08:09 PM
Not when the establishment has absolutely zero intentions behind doing anything about crony capitalism, aside from giving opposition lip service.

It's a charade, and anyone believing it is falling for it.
True. And yet, if America hears it enough they will begin to believe it. And that is potentially huge.

Tinnuhana
09-04-2011, 08:18 PM
It's like the whole Tea party issue. Fine, take the idea, but here's where it got started. That's the point we're at now...plus pulling up 2007 videos where the candidates said just the opposite. When did the status quo all start inserting "Keynesian" into their speeches and rants? Now they're all gung-ho for Milton Friedman. Not that Friedman wasn't good on lots of things, but isn't it telling that he is being pushed as the prophetic voice and antidote to Keynes? It's like "thanks but no thanks, Austrian School".

r3volution
09-04-2011, 08:22 PM
i dont think there should be any IP or copyright laws . all ideas should be free for the world to enjoy . any1 that thinks different hates freedom !

ok , now im trolling ..

low preference guy
09-04-2011, 08:23 PM
this image needs a Fair Use notice

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/image.php?u=2981&dateline=1314759561

r3volution
09-04-2011, 08:24 PM
this image needs a Fair Use notice

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/image.php?u=2981&dateline=1314759561

screw that , i stole it fair and square !

specsaregood
09-04-2011, 08:26 PM
i dont think there should be any IP or copyright laws . all ideas should be free for the world to enjoy . any1 that thinks different hates freedom !

I agree. Just imagine how much freer the world would be if Perry and Romney could both just take Dr. Paul's books, take his name off of them and have them reprinted and resold under their names! That would be great.

r3volution
09-04-2011, 08:30 PM
I agree. Just imagine how much freer the world would be if Perry and Romney could both just take Dr. Paul's books, take his name off of them and have them reprinted and resold under their names! That would be great.

ya , like that would ever happen . good try though :rolleyes:

low preference guy
09-04-2011, 08:33 PM
ya , like that would ever happen . good try though :rolleyes:

If it happens it would be great because of the massive moral condemnation Perry will suffer.

specsaregood
09-04-2011, 08:37 PM
If it happens it would be great because of the massive moral condemnation Perry will suffer.

Who would know about it? If a trees falls in the republican party and foxnews doesn't cover it, does anybody hear it?

sailingaway
09-04-2011, 08:42 PM
Bachmann has started using the buzz words too. Ron just has to keep harping on his record, as he did with the "The one who can beat Obama' ad. He voted this way on every corporate welfare spending plan, every time.

r3volution
09-04-2011, 08:42 PM
Who would know about it? If a trees falls in the republican party and foxnews doesn't cover it, does anybody hear it?

none of those people read . reading is for terrorists .

sailingaway
09-04-2011, 08:44 PM
Crony Capitalism is not Ron's term. Let's not Sarah-Palin' the facts here.

Ron has used that term many many times. He also uses 'corporatism' but explains that that is what he means by crony capitalism....

specsaregood
09-04-2011, 08:49 PM
none of those people read . reading is for terrorists .

Well that is certainly true; but then the "conservative" media will just cite references to Perry's book, "The Revolution, a manifesto". No need to read, presto!

r3volution
09-04-2011, 08:52 PM
Well that is certainly true; but then the "conservative" media will just cite references to Perry's book, "The Revolution, a manifesto". No need to read, presto!

i understand . i was hoping every1 would have picked up the sarcasm in my previous posts .