PDA

View Full Version : Common Dreams article

LBennett76
09-04-2011, 10:32 AM
Someone on my friends list from Denmark posted this... and it is AWFUL! She uses the newsletters and John Birch Society and... it just sucks.
If anyone wants to post the article itself so we don't give this person traffic, they can.

https:// www.commondreams.org/view/2011/08/27-1

Sjmfury
09-04-2011, 10:56 AM
I thought progressives were anti-war. Liberals are herded like sheep and always will be herded like sheep.

Proph
09-05-2011, 03:13 AM
I thought progressives were anti-war. Liberals are herded like sheep and always will be herded like sheep.

Wrong. You're being a collectivist.

I used to be pretty liberal until I heard Ron at one of the debates in 2007-2008. My main source of news was the mainstream media, and I saw nothing wrong with federal programs that helped the less fortunate. However, now I know how wrong I was. Ron got my attention with his stance on the wars, but really sunk his teeth in when he started talking about fiscal responsibility...and attaining it not through taxation, but through spending cuts.

If I can change, others can as well. Snarky remarks like that really aren't necessary. Imagine if you had just googled Ron Paul, were new to this forum, and the first post you read was someone calling you a sheep. How long would you stay? How likely would you be to want to associate yourself with that crowd? All it does is further the collectivist mentality, which is something I thought we were trying to break down.

Sjmfury
09-07-2011, 03:54 PM
Wrong. You're being a collectivist.

I used to be pretty liberal until I heard Ron at one of the debates in 2007-2008. My main source of news was the mainstream media, and I saw nothing wrong with federal programs that helped the less fortunate. However, now I know how wrong I was. Ron got my attention with his stance on the wars, but really sunk his teeth in when he started talking about fiscal responsibility...and attaining it not through taxation, but through spending cuts.

If I can change, others can as well. Snarky remarks like that really aren't necessary. Imagine if you had just googled Ron Paul, were new to this forum, and the first post you read was someone calling you a sheep. How long would you stay? How likely would you be to want to associate yourself with that crowd? All it does is further the collectivist mentality, which is something I thought we were trying to break down.

A great point and will be noted and adjusted. I am passionate about this country and the direction it is headed in. I love my country so much, I would die for my country. It just infuriates me when I see people who I believe want to kill the American Dream and in turn get a welfare state. This disdain of American values is what makes me throw around the "sheep mentality" but I will regress and try to look at the individuals in everyone.

Thank you :)