PDA

View Full Version : Promote Awesome Questions for the Google/Fox News Sept 22nd Debate on YouTube

justinpagewood
09-04-2011, 03:13 AM
Some really great questions are being asked on YouTube for the upcoming Sept 22nd Google/Fox News debate in Florida.

Ask questions, and "Like" the questions that are hard hitting. People are asking about the Federal Reserve, Taxes, Regulations, the Constitution, and so on.

Check it out at http://www.youtube.com/foxnews?x=text

kojirodensetsu
09-04-2011, 03:33 AM
Be sure not to ignore video questions, too. They will most likely play a big part in the questions given.

Darin
09-04-2011, 03:54 AM
Watched all the video questions and voted. Pretty poor offering so far, though.

I think better quality video with well formed questions, along with better presenters (well spoken, and photogenic) have a greater chance of being shown. Tom Woods, for example... his videos are well presented, interesting, and well filmed.

Maybe we could put some questions together here, and have a forum representative read them. From what little I've seen, Alexa seems like a great presenter (although the video quality is poor).

Edit: Oh yeah, wasn't even thinking... Justin, your RPDesigns videos are pretty well presented and filmed, have you submitted any questions?

- Darin

Suzu
09-04-2011, 09:43 AM
Be sure not to ignore video questions, too. They will most likely play a big part in the questions given.

Where did you find the video questions? NM I found them.

Maximilian American
09-04-2011, 02:44 PM
Bump, a lot of good question here like "What is you econimic theory for recessions etc....."

FreedomProsperityPeace
09-04-2011, 04:55 PM
I've been plugging away at it. There are nearly 400 pages of questions now (many of them garbage). A lot of "our" types of questions are among the most popular, so hopefully some of them will be picked.

Darin
09-04-2011, 11:12 PM
I'm going through the most popular, but not really making a dent as they have several hundred votes.

What role, if any, do you think the federal government should have in education?

Questions like these are bad for Paul. Of course we understand why the federal government should have no role, but we also understand the reasoning behind it. It's impossible to explain the logic behind that in 1 minute or less. Of course Paul's answer would be it has no role... but the general public - even small government people - do NOT like to hear that. Especially without a proper explanation. It seems cold and outlandish.

We should promote questions that Paul can quickly and properly answer, that the people will like, and that the other candidates will not be able to answer properly. For example:

Aid to foreign countries has been an expensive part of America's foreign policy. Aid is misappropriated and given to countries that don't support the US.

This is a bad question. People feel foreign aid is important. It's also vague enough - "Aid is misappropriated" - to allow other candidates to say "I will work as President to make sure aid is properly directed." or whatever. Which is a home run for the other candidates because it makes them seem like they care about fiscal matters when they're just being vague and wouldn't actually change anything. Instead, questions like these need to be voted up:

Will you consider reducing foreign aid and eliminating non-essential domestic programs before any consideration of cuts to Social Security and Medicare?

As much as people think foreign aid is good, reducing Social Security and Medicare is worse! Especially when you have to CHOOSE one over the other. This question would allow Paul to explain his position and reassure people that he WILL NOT cut what they've paid into (this is a big misunderstanding people have of Paul), while at the same time advocating non-intervention, AND explain that the money wasted overseas is money that should be spent here. It is a tough question for the other candidates because they are more concerned with the war than anything, and may even admit they'd rather cut "across the board" than touch military spending.

Questions should be voted up that would help people understand Paul's position, make him seem warm and caring, and at the same time expose the flawed positions of the opposing candidates.

Instead of "FEMA is a problem, would you get rid of it?" ask/upvote "FEMA prevents churches and non-profit organizations from helping during disasters, is in debt, and causes more problems than solutions. How would you reassure the people the federal government will still help them during disasters without FEMA?" or "Could the government be even more efficient in aiding during disasters without FEMA?" or whatever.

- Darin