PDA

View Full Version : Officer caught on camera doin it on car gets fired!

libertybrewcity
09-03-2011, 11:48 PM
http://www.santafenewmexican.com/Local%20News/State-police-fire-cop-in-sex-tape

good news:

The New Mexico State Police officer who was photographed having sex on the hood of a Honda is no longer a cop.

Bert Lopez was informed late this week that the Department of Public Safety has fired him, The New Mexican has learned.

It is unclear when that decision was made as agency spokesman Sgt. Tim Johnson has declined to comment until all appeals have been exhausted.

"It is an embarrassing situation for the department, but we have to remember the rights of the employee afford him due process we must follow so we won't be commenting further," Johnson said.

But when asked Friday evening if Lopez was still employed with the New Mexico State Police, Johnson said, "No."

Rael
09-03-2011, 11:50 PM
He was fired for discharging his weapon in public.

libertybrewcity
09-03-2011, 11:55 PM

how do you know?

low preference guy
09-03-2011, 11:56 PM
how do you know?

come on.

ghengis86
09-03-2011, 11:58 PM
come on.

That's what she said

GreenBulldog
09-04-2011, 12:15 AM
So false arrests, threats, and violence doesn't get you fired, but having consensual sex does? If anything, it should be the opposite.

Anyone else sees this as ass-backwards or back-asswards?

RedLightning
09-04-2011, 12:23 AM
So false arrests, threats, and violence doesn't get you fired, but having consensual sex does? If anything, it should be the opposite.

What he said.

Romulus
09-04-2011, 06:53 AM

What would happened if YOU got caught screwing on your job? Even if you were off the clock, if you got got caught screwing in public?

There's your answer.

He should be fired AND fined under the law just like anyone else. Enforcing the law does not mean you are above it.

Dianne
09-04-2011, 06:59 AM
He must now register as a sex of"fender".

Actually, I'm glad to see him fired. All the articles I read quoted his superiors as saying what he did was not against the law, giving a green light for all the cops in his unit to begin pulling young girls over and using their position of power to force sex.

speciallyblend
09-04-2011, 07:40 AM
how do you know?

swoosh hehe:) if you look closely on the camera shot, you can see a substance on the hood which shows he clearly fired his weapon;) /s

Lafayette
09-04-2011, 07:46 AM
Mating with mundanes is a no no, everything else is just paid vacation.

ForLiberty2012
09-04-2011, 07:53 AM
He must now register as a sex of"fender".

Actually, I'm glad to see him fired. All the articles I read quoted his superiors as saying what he did was not against the law, giving a green light for all the cops in his unit to begin pulling young girls over and using their position of power to force sex.

Yeah, it's not about him breaking the law, it's about how this is perceived in the community. The community pays his salary, so it wouldn't look good on the police department to condone that behavior.

forsmant
09-04-2011, 07:54 AM
so wheres the video evidence?

WilliamC
09-04-2011, 08:36 AM
What would happened if YOU got caught screwing on your job? Even if you were off the clock, if you got got caught screwing in public?

There's your answer.

He should be fired AND fined under the law just like anyone else. Enforcing the law does not mean you are above it.

Several years ago I worked at a major charitable research hospital as a research scientist.

My boss (a faculty member at the institution) was female, and she happened to be married to her boss who was the chair of the department for which she (and I) worked.

Nepotism is fairly common in academia, and to some extent it is not all bad if the people involved are actually competent at their jobs.

That wasn't the case here (did I mention that my boss had also been married to the chair of the department from the institution she previously worked at?)

ANYWAY, the chairman/husband was having an open affair with one of the women who worked for him in his lab.

Apparently one of the secretaries walked in on them going at it in his office one day, and it was quite the conversation starter for some time.

Long story short I ended up leaving said institution over integrity issues with my boss (she didn't have any and wanted me to falsify data, and I couldn't rightly go to her boss because, well, you get the idea).

Within a year or so after I left the chairman and his wife were divorced, he had been fired, and the entire department I had worked for was shut down.

So yea, doing ones employees/coworkers ON THE JOB is usually a bad idea, heck even taking your legitimate lover into work for a bang probably isn't a good idea.

Although the first job I ever had I go to do just this, and it was all good to my boss, but that's a different story...

Icymudpuppy
09-04-2011, 08:36 AM
Each town should have 1 elected sheriff, and just enough deputies to insure that one man is on duty 24-7. Any emergencies and he can form a volunteer posse.

pcosmar
09-04-2011, 09:17 AM
Each town should have 1 elected sheriff, and just enough deputies to insure that one man is on duty 24-7. Any emergencies and he can form a volunteer posse.

Actually, Sheriffs are elected by county, but I would not oppose an elected Constable/Marshal for towns as long as they were subject to the Elected Sheriff and the people. And held accountable for their actions.

The people should always be the primary Law Enforcement.
http://www.constitution.org/lrev/roots/cops.htm

libertybrewcity
09-04-2011, 12:00 PM

oh i get it..

Anti Federalist
09-04-2011, 12:11 PM

I was coming into this thread to say just that.

amy31416
09-04-2011, 12:18 PM
Well, they're getting their leadership skills from the top.

Get a blowjob in the Oval Office--get impeached. Have phone sex with sleazy women--lose your house seat.

Assassinate, torture, get thousands killed based on lies, destroy the economy, break your oath to the Constitution--retire, write books, make money.

AFPVet
09-04-2011, 12:46 PM
He was fired for discharging his gun in public.

Fixed it for ya :)

Dr.3D
09-04-2011, 12:49 PM

Yeah, but it was assault with a friendly weapon.

AFPVet
09-04-2011, 12:52 PM
Actually, Sheriffs are elected by county, but I would not oppose an elected Constable/Marshal for towns as long as they were subject to the Elected Sheriff and the people. And held accountable for their actions.

The people should always be the primary Law Enforcement.
http://www.constitution.org/lrev/roots/cops.htm

I agree. I don't think there is anything wrong with elected town marshals in addition to the sheriff. I also agree that the people should be the primary law enforcement agents. After all, the Sheriff and other elected agents merely serve the people and make sure that the law is executed in the proper manner. As far as understanding the law, arrest procedures, and all of that good stuff, it can be learned in a 40 hour basic for individuals who want to make sure they are doing things right.

Invi
09-04-2011, 12:57 PM

That's pretty much what I thought.
Shoot an innocent, get suspended.
Have sex in public? Canned.
Wut?
I do assume that each department operates differently and all, but really?

GreenBulldog
09-04-2011, 03:45 PM

There's your answer.

I'm not saying that it's OK. Like you said, if any of us were on the job and doing something other than our jobs, we would get in trouble. He should get in trouble for goofing off during work hours. Nothing more.

What I'm saying is this: People enforcing the law ARE above the law. There are many instances to prove it.

This is ass-backwards because they can go above the law-in some cases, as bad as shooting innocent people-and they STILL don't get fired. However, having consensual sex does.

If having consensual sex in public on the job gets you fired, doesn't it make logical sense that shooting innocent people gets you a punishment that's a lot worse?

What the hell is wrong with the value of this country? I remember a native Dutch telling me that it doesn't make sense to censor something as natural as nudity on TV, but not censor something as UNNATURAL as shooting someone.

james1906
09-04-2011, 04:26 PM
Choke an EMT who is on a call, paid leave.

FreedomProsperityPeace
09-04-2011, 05:31 PM
so wheres the video evidence?As far as I know, there's only a security camera still, but there are a bunch of videos on Youtube showing it.

tangent4ronpaul
09-04-2011, 06:18 PM
What a bummer! How are those New Mexican girls going to get of of tickets now? /s

idirtify
09-04-2011, 06:18 PM
I thought this was gonna be a video of the act, but it’s only a video of the crime scene. But get this: It’s ANOTHER incident of a cop having sex in public – and the crime scene was a PUBLIC POOL! You gotta see this vid!!

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-connersville-reserve-police-officer-accused-of-having-sex-in-public-pool-20110719,0,6363673.story

Reserve police officer accused of having sex in public pool
A reserve police officer has been accused of having sex at the Roberts Park Family Pool in Connersville.

fisharmor
09-04-2011, 06:33 PM
I'm not saying that it's OK. Like you said, if any of us were on the job and doing something other than our jobs, we would get in trouble. He should get in trouble for goofing off during work hours. Nothing more.

What I'm saying is this: People enforcing the law ARE above the law. There are many instances to prove it.
Oh, don't get the impression that there are no like-minded people here... there are plenty.

If having consensual sex in public on the job gets you fired, doesn't it make logical sense that shooting innocent people gets you a punishment that's a lot worse?
It never occured to me before like this, but Amy hit it dead-on with post #19.

What the hell is wrong with the value of this country? I remember a native Dutch telling me that it doesn't make sense to censor something as natural as nudity on TV, but not censor something as UNNATURAL as shooting someone.

Now, admittedly my memory of Amsterdam is REAL spotty... but I clearly remember reading a brochure produced by the police for tourists.
It included things like advice for how to handle things if you smoke too much, and advising that you go to the police if you have a disagreement with a prostitute.
Of course, it included things like how they weren't going to fuck around with you if you pee in public, but overall, the cops in Holland left me with the distinct impression that they were there to help me. And if not me, then the property owners in the city.

I have never gotten that impression here. From the very first time I got stranded on the interstate and watched cop car after cop car drive by, only to pick me up immediately as soon as I started walking.
They aren't here to help you. They never were and never will be. They're there for one reason and one reason only: to bust your ass and get you to part with money.
And if you don't have the money, they make you part with your freedom.

LibForestPaul
09-04-2011, 10:19 PM

actually bum fights, ok
similitude stabbings and killings, ok
No. Showing a nipple slip on tv = $250k fine

the sickos at the top have no problem with violence, but sex...

CaptainAmerica
09-04-2011, 10:39 PM
When will he be placed on the sex offenders list? Im still waiting for equal justice.

Danke
09-04-2011, 10:51 PM
Why don't we do it in the road?
No one will be watching us
Why don't we do it in the road?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM02WcvlKn0&feature=player_embedded

GreenBulldog
09-04-2011, 11:08 PM

Now that I think about it, was he fired for having sex in public or goofing off during work hours?

If it's the first, shouldn't the woman get reprimanded as well? Although for all I know, maybe she did, but they didn't report it.

Also, if he gets registered as a sex offender, shouldn't she as well? It was consensual, after all.