PDA

View Full Version : What are YOU doing to ensure a RP 2012 win?

agaiziunas
09-03-2011, 10:52 PM
I've been arguing with detractors, slanderers, neocons, and MSM-educated folks now for months. I always try to stay unbiased and refrain from using the insults, jabs, and summary statements like "you are so ignorant" thrown at me. It brings you to the limits of your patience. It takes SO MUCH restraint to not throw insults back and just keep pointing to the same raw factual data over and over and over. You'll hear the same arguments, from the frivolous "he's a nut!!", in which all you can do but ask "what exactly makes him a nut??" to the statements like "Ron Paul signed the cut-cap-balance pledge but voted NO for the cut-cap-balance act", to which all you can do is respond with the same statement I'm sure you're tired of responding that HR 2560, which is named the "Cut-Cap-Balance Act", does not even follow the guidelines of the pledge.

We know the arguments. We're tired of it. But we have to keep at it, and not through hurling insults and jabs like the others do to us.

Every few days, I get a private message on FB, actually THANKING ME for turning them on to Dr. Paul. Not all are glowing and not all are 100% RP votes, but in the past few months I would have to estimate (confidently) at least 7 more people will be voting for Ron Paul in the IL primary than before I got involved.

Take the abuse. Take the insults. Refute with facts. Refrain from name-calling and throwing back insults. Join your local Tea Party FB groups and meet-ups. Go to local GOP meetings and wear your RP shirts. Answer questions and don't call them "neocons", don't blame the misinformed for being misinformed. Educate them.

Imagine if everyone in the the 10-20% national polling level support base just convinced 1 or 2 more people each to vote in the primaries/caucuses. That's all it takes folks. But don't stop there, let's deliver the same unexpected landslide as Winston Churchill experienced in Britain in '45.

We each have our part.

Just sayin'.

Crystallas
09-03-2011, 11:13 PM
My goal in February was to "convert" one person a day, from now, and up until the primaries. When I say convert, I don't so it forcefully, and I apply the rules of free enterprise to my discussions. Proving someone wrong doesn't work very well, but leading them to rethink the situation does work. So far I have outpaced my commitment, and I have made a lot of friends along the way! :)

Dorfsmith
09-04-2011, 09:11 AM
We've been working a Ron Paul booth at our local county fair this weekend! Very positive response! I'll post a blog with pictures on Tuesday and share it on the forums.

feedmelies
09-04-2011, 01:47 PM
This is a critical question EVERYONE should be asking themselves. If you aren't spreading Paul's message, you aren't helping him.

Join your local meetup.com group and start doing weekly tabling and sign wave events. Then start recruiting as many people to our cause as possible.

This is imperative.

http://photos3.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/4/0/8/0/600_53056512.jpeg

http://photos1.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/9/1/8/e/600_53077262.jpeg

We've been working a Ron Paul booth at our local county fair this weekend! Very positive response! I'll post a blog with pictures on Tuesday and share it on the forums.

Exceptional job! Thanks for your effort!

Corydoras
09-04-2011, 03:35 PM
I am sticking Ron Paul cards in car windows above the driver's handle. Very easy to go through hundreds of these.

Someone I converted in 2008 just told me he converted someone else IN NEW HAMPSHIRE. Made my day.

johnrocks
09-04-2011, 03:46 PM
I am trying to convince a few to have a voter drive to get disenchanted anti war Democrats, fiscally conservative independents and others to join the GOP to vote for RP.

I look at it like this, need fresh faces in the Party that already agree with our philosaphy, that seems easier than trying to convert someone who would elect Dick Cheney as POTUS if they could. I've also already "sold" my ex who was a Clinton supporter and a friend who voted for McCain in 08 so it can be done, I just think we need fresh meat,lol.

CaptUSA
09-04-2011, 04:17 PM
Today, I went into (somewhat) hostile territory sporting my new Ron Paul T-shirt. It was a "Labor United Celebration".

To my surprise, I didn't get any confrontations - I was actually expecting this. In fact, I got 2 thumbs up, I got a guy at a vendor stand thanking my profusely for my business, and I met an awesome lesbian couple who said they love Ron Paul. (I reminded them to change registration to vote in the primary - not really sure if they will or not.)

The signs around the place were all pro-labor union, but the people were pro-freedom! Guys, I think if we win the nomination, we could capitalize and perhaps gain labor support!

mosquitobite
09-04-2011, 04:27 PM
Well tomorrow is Monday - and our church is having a huge festival that I plan to wear my new RP t-shirt. Hoping to strike up a few conversations!

I also debate on the tea party pages on FB. I can't stress enough how PROPER debate form is - egotistical bashing of religion will NOT HELP and will most likely HURT Dr Paul.

Tod
09-04-2011, 05:06 PM
I shared this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anmlPvmd1Ew

with this observation:

In 1988, Rick Perry was Al Gore's campaign chairman in Texas.
Ron Paul was saying in 1988 the same things he now says, and history has proven things he says here to be entirely spot on.

I got a positive comment from a Democrat. (usually there are no responses to my political posts, although I have had one other person "like" two of my other political posts.

I also shared the Liberal Rick Perry blog: http://liberalrickperry.wordpress.com/

Tod
09-04-2011, 05:22 PM
...Every few days, I get a private message on FB, actually THANKING ME for turning them on to Dr. Paul. Not all are glowing and not all are 100% RP votes, but in the past few months I would have to estimate (confidently) at least 7 more people will be voting for Ron Paul in the IL primary than before I got involved....

Wow, I have never gotten a PM about Dr. Paul, ONE comment in response to a post about Dr. Paul, and just TWO "likes" about Dr. Paul posts.

I have 166 FB friends, of probably a broad mix of political views.

Maximus
09-04-2011, 05:31 PM
Don't get too down if people don't "like" your posts.

I've had several conversations with people over the last six months who say that the articles I post, "make them think" "I enjoy reading them at work" "help me find a new perspective"... all these from people who NEVER liked or commented on my posts.

People are reading out there, whether they immediately respond or not.

BlackTerrel
09-04-2011, 05:55 PM
I mainly argue with friends and family on this.

I've gotten (if I'm lucky) 5-6 converts and a lot more than haven't see then light yet.

BUT I've never gotten in a fight, let it escalate or lost a friend over it - and I never would.

ForLibertyFight
09-04-2011, 06:16 PM
I made at least 1500 calls to Iowans for the Ames Straw Poll. I'm responsible for getting at least 100 people voting for Dr. Paul at the Ames Straw Poll.

I am currently running a project where I send out free RP campaign supply packages to supporters all over the country. I've sent out over 1600 packages.