PDA

View Full Version : Who was a worse President GW or Obama?

MarcNY
09-03-2011, 03:28 PM
They are viritually the same aren't they? I would say GW because he originally got us into these wars, but its pretty close!

KCIndy
09-03-2011, 03:30 PM
That's sort of like asking which hurts worse, dropping an anvil on your left foot or your right foot.

Ray
09-03-2011, 03:37 PM
Dubya gave us the patriot act, the department of homeland security, a few wars, tarp, etc

Cutlerzzz
09-03-2011, 03:38 PM
Dubya gave us the patriot act, the department of homeland security, a few wars, tarp, etc

Obama has expanded all of those.

It's a wash.

TexMac
09-03-2011, 03:41 PM
GW was worse when he had a Republican Congress. At least O has opposition, even if it's just petty and not from any principle.

The Midnight Ride
09-03-2011, 03:42 PM
Wait, I thought this was GWB's third term?

RideTheDirt
09-03-2011, 03:46 PM
Wait, I thought this was GWB's third term?

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/6646/bushobama2.jpg

Brett85
09-03-2011, 05:55 PM
Obama, but only because Bush nominated two good justices to the Supreme Court. That's about all he did right.

Kludge
09-03-2011, 05:58 PM
Until what Ron Paul set out to accomplish with the general US population has been accomplished, the worst president will always be the current. Calvin Coolidge MAY have been an exception to that rule.

The Midnight Ride
09-03-2011, 06:41 PM
Until what Ron Paul set out to accomplish with the general US population has been accomplished, the worst president will always be the current. Calvin Coolidge MAY have been an exception to that rule.

Would Grover Cleveland fit under that exception as well?

Ronpauljones
09-03-2011, 06:47 PM
They are viritually the same aren't they? I would say GW because he originally got us into these wars, but its pretty close!

Obama. In short: he has done more damage to us and our rights in 2 1/2 years than Bush did in 8.

outspoken
09-03-2011, 06:54 PM
I was thinking too at Obama has only been in for 2.5 years and is basically Bush in overdrive. God forbid we get 4 more years of Obama... The Hoovervilles of the 30s will look like the Hamptons compared to the suffering about to be inflicted when the dollar collapses as a result of pushing oligarchy past the point of no return.

Tarzan
09-03-2011, 06:55 PM
Obama. In short: he has done more damage to us and our rights in 2 1/2 years than Bush did in 8.

Agreed... he couldn't do more damage in that amount of time unless he was trying to destroy America.
hey... wait a minute???

heavenlyboy34
09-03-2011, 07:04 PM
GWB, at this point. We'll see how many more wars/invasions/mass thefts BHO starts.

Captain Shays
09-03-2011, 07:20 PM
Obama hands down. He's Bush on steroids. Bush got us into the wars but Obama got elected to get us out of the wars and didn't but instead expanded our foreign interventions. He got elected to repeal the Patriot Act and reestablished it. He got elected to change things from crony capitalism yet "stimulated" that as well. Our national debt has increased nearly as much in 2.5 yrs of Obama as it did in 8 yrs of Bush though we all know that its not the president who controls the purse strings anyway. my gauge is that the government has become even more authoritarian.
God we need Ron Paul!

iamse7en
09-03-2011, 07:59 PM
I agree Obama is Bush on steroids but maybe GW was worse because he masked himself as free-market, small/gov't, and even humble foreign policy guy. He made every card-carrying Republican a neocon. At least with Obama, the idiot Tea Partiers are attempting to learn about the constitution (though the anti-war left has disappeared). I'll say GW was worse for America. Especially if he was in on the neocon false flag of 9/11.

Tarzan
09-03-2011, 08:13 PM
I agree Obama is Bush on steroids but maybe GW was worse because he masked himself as free-market, small/gov't, and even humble foreign policy guy. He made every card-carrying Republican a neocon. At least with Obama, the idiot Tea Partiers are attempting to learn about the constitution (though the anti-war left has disappeared). I'll say GW was worse for America. Especially if he was in on the neocon false flag of 9/11.

No Way!!! BHO promised "Hope and Change" and we got neither.

Hang on a second... are we actually debating who was worse?
nevermind :)

LibForestPaul
09-03-2011, 08:26 PM
obama, not a clue...and two-faced

HeaT777
09-03-2011, 08:32 PM
OBAMA B/C of the deathcare act that he made

amy31416
09-03-2011, 08:34 PM
Would Grover Cleveland fit under that exception as well?

For the most part, I think so.

cindy25
09-03-2011, 10:03 PM
W because he had a rubber stamp congress, including Dems; Reps in congress got some backbone back under Obama.

just imagine how bad McCain would be

kahless
09-03-2011, 10:08 PM
This is easy without even scratching the surface. Obamacare and the individual mandate certainly makes Obama far worse than GW.

Justinjj1
09-03-2011, 10:13 PM
They both are abysmal.
But W is far worse. At least Obama has showed some restraint in attacking foreign countries. If the fucking neocons were still in power, I guarantee we would be in Iran right now and probably Syria.

Justinjj1
09-03-2011, 10:22 PM
I realize that we are not going to be completely out of Iraq, but under a Republican administration do you really think we would have brought the troop levels down to where they are now?

I honestly think the Dems are slightly better than the Repubs on foreign policy. And on domestic policy they both suck about the same, remember it was Bush and his gang who came up with the bailouts.

Cutlerzzz
09-03-2011, 10:50 PM
I realize that we are not going to be completely out of Iraq, but under a Republican administration do you really think we would have brought the troop levels down to where they are now?

Seriously, no. There is no difference. Troop levels were already falling under Bush.

Kludge
09-03-2011, 10:51 PM

I honestly think the Dems are slightly better than the Repubs on foreign policy. And on domestic policy they both suck about the same, remember it was Bush and his gang who came up with the bailouts.

Obama's been the worst offender against freedom of speech in the US ever. Whistleblowers are being tortured, ICE has begun large-scale takedowns of websites (foreign and domestic, whether they've broken a law or not), warrantless wiretapping has increased, the DoJ has exponentially increased the amount of "emergency" warrantless demands of customer info from ISPs, and nothing's been done about the outbreak of police imprisoning people filming police. The Obama admin has even been using the draconian 1917 Espionage Act to imprison whistleblowers.

The first amendment permits all the others to exist. When only corporate media is allowed to speak, we will lose all rights the government protects. We NEED to know what government is doing to be able to vote against programs which violate our rights. While Republicans may have been worse if still in office, that doesn't excuse that even while Obama has continued all of W's wars (even if he's been "reducing" US commitment by rapidly expanding the use of contractors), we are now involved in about 10 different wars, 2 of which did not exist under Bush. That in mind, I don't think there can be an argument that Obama's foreign policy is less anti-liberty than Bush's.

Fermli
09-03-2011, 10:53 PM
Obama is doing what GW would be doing if he had a 3rd term.

scrosnoe
09-04-2011, 12:28 AM
wait, i thought this was gwb's third term?

rofl :D

MJU1983
09-04-2011, 12:51 AM
It's easy to say "Bush" because of the policies, wars, and programs implemented. BUT, Mr. "Hope & Change" hasn't done a damn thing except continue everything I disliked about Bush. So for now, they are equals in my mind.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/MJU1983/Bush-Obama-Skull-732160.jpg

Kregisen
09-04-2011, 01:08 AM

Obama increased troop levels in Afghanistan by about as much as he decreased levels in Iraq...I don't remember offhand so it's very possible he increased Afghanistan's troop count more than Iraq levels decreased.

He also expanded the patriot act, war on libya, universal healthcare, and under him and congress annual deficits have been 2-3 times as high as Bush's last years. On top of that, bringing someone like Elena Kagan on the supreme court is the biggest insult to America I've witnessed.

These are two of our worst presidents ever so there's not much point in arguing who is worse, but it's pretty obvious even Bush couldn't be as awful as Obama is.

The good news is when the awful president happens to be a Democrat, Republicans tend to act better...whether or be fake or not. The only way to bring the anti-war movement back into the Republican party is by having a pro-war democrat in charge.

Bordillo
09-04-2011, 02:02 AM

Worst president was FDR without a doubt

vita3
09-04-2011, 02:44 AM
False Flag Attack on 911 trumps all.

Dubya & Cheney.

Ronpauljones
09-04-2011, 03:16 AM
Agreed... he couldn't do more damage in that amount of time unless he was trying to destroy America.
hey... wait a minute???

Bingo. It's all a part of the globalist plan.

Ronpauljones
09-04-2011, 03:19 AM
W because he had a rubber stamp congress, including Dems; Reps in congress got some backbone back under Obama.

just imagine how bad McCain would be

Obama had majority in both houses for 2 years. He literally could have made it illegal to fart on sunday. Yet ended up doing nothing but making our country far worse.

Ronpauljones
09-04-2011, 03:20 AM
They both are abysmal.
But W is far worse. At least Obama has showed some restraint in attacking foreign countries. If the fucking neocons were still in power, I guarantee we would be in Iran right now and probably Syria.

/facepalm