PDA

View Full Version : At NH HQ today - no phone bankers!

tremendoustie
09-03-2011, 03:10 PM
Hi all, I was at the NH Ron Paul HQ this afternoon, and there were no phone bankers other than myself. I encourage anyone in NH, or nearby, to come and help! They're open every day but Sunday -- there are about 20 phone lines there, ready to go.

Thanks!

bluesc
09-03-2011, 03:21 PM
Didn't a journalist talk about how the HQ was empty a week ago too?

Not good at all.

+rep for being there

Jeremy
09-03-2011, 03:24 PM
Didn't a journalist talk about how the HQ was empty a week ago too?

Not good at all.

+rep for being there

That was Iowa. And there's a difference between empty at the moment and not making calls at the moment.

KCIndy
09-03-2011, 03:37 PM
Hi all, I was at the NH Ron Paul HQ this afternoon, and there were no phone bankers other than myself. I encourage anyone in NH, or nearby, to come and help! They're open every day but Sunday -- there are about 20 phone lines there, ready to go.

Thanks!

Hopefully more people are calling from home.

Any chance you can bribe a half dozen friends to come with you next time in exchange for a pizza dinner? I'll chip in and help you buy!

edit: PS - big plus Rep for being there! :)

BrendanWenzel
09-03-2011, 03:51 PM
HUGE + Rep for being there! I'd move up there in a heartbeat to help if I could afford it.

sabu140
09-03-2011, 03:57 PM
Is there anyway they can have phone bankers from the entire country. If they have people in NH they should be canvassing before Winter comes.

harikaried
09-03-2011, 04:59 PM
Is there anyway they can have phone bankers from the entire countryhttp://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?304538-The-Official-Campaign-Phone-From-Home-Is-Up

ItsTime
09-03-2011, 05:20 PM
No volunteers at the HQ in the afternoon, on a Saturday on a very sunny and hot day? Im shocked! :eek: /sarcasm.

Seriously, thanks for going and doing some calls. The campaign really needs to open a few more offices in NH, one near Portsmouth and one in the Upper Valley. For some it is a lot more than just going and calling it is also $50 in gas and tolls.

libertybrewcity
09-03-2011, 06:08 PM
Isn't it early or no?

farrar
09-03-2011, 07:51 PM
No volunteers at the HQ in the afternoon, on a Saturday on a very sunny and hot day? Im shocked! :eek: /sarcasm.

If there ever were, they were phone banking for Ron Paul.

tremendoustie
09-09-2011, 12:29 AM
Positive update: Before the debate yesterday they had a phone banking session at the HQ -- just about all lines were occupied while I was there.

Interesting tidbit: At least 75% of people who responded to the poll, for me, were undecided. Others indicated similar results. Why are mainstream polls not reflecting this?

orenbus
09-09-2011, 02:37 AM
Positive update: Before the debate yesterday they had a phone banking session at the HQ -- just about all lines were occupied while I was there.

Interesting tidbit: At least 75% of people who responded to the poll, for me, were undecided. Others indicated similar results. Why are mainstream polls not reflecting this?

How many lines (total) are there available? Your initial report reminded me of the canvassing problem we had the months leading up in 2007 to the primary back then. (link in my signature) This is very concerning I feel unless we can get people coming in from out of state I have a feeling we will not have enough volunteers in NH to do the work needed before the primary.

Tinnuhana
09-09-2011, 05:17 AM
I haven't heard back about how to phone bank from here. I'd have to use MagicJack on my computer. It's been really busy with school starting up and everything, too. The first debate watch at HQ was fun. We made a lot of calls then chowed down and watched. I had my laptop in ChatRoom so I got not only the local NH reaction but everyone else's as well.
Frustrating not being able to get into Chat or install Java so I can. I'm missing my Chat "fix".

muzzled dogg
09-09-2011, 05:32 AM
btw that day there was a sign wave from 1-2:30 in manch and a lit drop at a gun show in concord. 500 pamhplets were distributed at the gun show and everyone did phonebanking at hq after

edit: plus volunteers had a table at the hopkington state fair

vita3
09-09-2011, 05:56 AM
Almost nobody wants people calling them @ home talking about politics. Especially in New Hampshire.

devil21
09-09-2011, 05:59 AM
Is there a phonebanking system for NH like the Iowa one?

ItsTime
09-09-2011, 06:07 AM
How many lines (total) are there available? Your initial report reminded me of the canvassing problem we had the months leading up in 2007 to the primary back then. (link in my signature) This is very concerning I feel unless we can get people coming in from out of state I have a feeling we will not have enough volunteers in NH to do the work needed before the primary.

If I remember correctly around 15 or 20 phone lines. It is a pretty big room.

tremendoustie
09-09-2011, 06:19 AM

There are about 20 lines.

I really can't judge how many from NH are volunteering/will volunteer, in the big picture.

Regardless of that, I think help from out of state would be outstanding. NH and Iowa are the two most important places in the country.

tremendoustie
09-09-2011, 06:20 AM
Almost nobody wants people calling them @ home talking about politics. Especially in New Hampshire.

They're just polling to ID supporters. Most people I talked to were happy to respond.

tremendoustie
09-09-2011, 06:21 AM
edit: plus volunteers had a table at the hopkington state fair

They wouldn't let us use that Ron Paul supporting vendor's space, so we handed out lit outside the gate 'till the police ran us off ;).