PDA

View Full Version : Has Obama done anything right?

Eryxis
09-03-2011, 10:01 AM
I was reading facebook and someone's post got me thinking about this question. There is nothing that springs to mind as a positive change that he has made.

VBRonPaulFan
09-03-2011, 10:32 AM
he got a lot of people involved in politics not normally involved, insofar as they're against his agenda. but other than that, i can't think of anything I appreciated him doing.

Theocrat
09-03-2011, 10:34 AM
Obama has shown, once again, that there is no fundamental difference between Republicans and Democrats in our political culture anymore. Most of his policies and agenda are similar to George W. Bush's.

TexanRudeBoy
09-03-2011, 10:38 AM
His DoJ is no longer defending the constitutionality of DOMA..... trying to think of something else......coming up empty......

moderate libertarian
09-03-2011, 10:42 AM
He has shown a good demonstration that how a political candidate can lie his way to election victory and then be a cheap and incompetent tool of sleazy lobbies.

peterv
09-03-2011, 01:35 PM
Sure he has, it's hard for anyone to to absolutely everything wrong. Just don't press me for examples.

amyre
09-03-2011, 01:53 PM
I think a lot of people who feel bamboozled by him will be more politically involved this time around. Not to mention he's really pissed off a lot of people who are now looking for a REAL alternative - not a similar alternative with a different name. I just hope he's done enough, but secretly fear it's going to take a bit more before people really begin to see.

emazur
09-03-2011, 02:00 PM
My first post on RPF was citing the evidence that he was going to start a war with Iran. So I'm pleasently surprised about something he hasn't done. Libya was pretty bad though and nobody saw that coming

RJB
09-03-2011, 02:15 PM
This is why we need to give up on neocons, and start going after dems. Ron Paul is the only one against the war, banker bailouts, corporate welfare, corporate bullying through FEMA etc. Call into radio shows like Ed Schultz, Bill Press and others.

The only argument democrats (and republicans) give for voting for their party is supreme court nominees, but lets be honest, most the time those bought off judges rule on the side of tyranny whether left or right.

anaconda
09-03-2011, 02:34 PM
According to Catherine Austin Fitts, Obama has been very successful in performing for his puppet masters. Getting the second round of bailouts through congress was a big deal for them.

asurfaholic
09-03-2011, 02:52 PM
He is saving us from threats around the world. Keeping us safe from getting the truth about important issues (such as gulf oil spill, radiation from japan here in the usa). Keeping the filthy rich people who make 150gs a year from wasting life aboard private jets. Keeps little children in libya dead so they don't turn into terrorists.

What's not to like about obama?

Nastynate
09-03-2011, 03:16 PM
I think he took that nobel prize with a lot of class, you know increasing troops in Afghanistan by 30,000. Then go and start a new war in Libya, I'm not sure how anyone could of done that and kept a straight face. He did a good job in that aspect.

danielxc
09-03-2011, 08:16 PM
Only thing he's done right is go on vacation.

penguin
09-03-2011, 08:20 PM
Only thing he's done right is go on vacation.

I second that.

MaxPower
09-03-2011, 10:00 PM
Have they stopped systematically torturing Guantanamo detainees under Obama, or has the media just stopped talking about it?

aravoth
09-03-2011, 10:07 PM
"Everyone in this world has a purpose, even if only to serve as a bad example.."

- Atilla the Hun

Justinjj1
09-03-2011, 10:14 PM
He did not invade Iran. I'm almost positive a McCain administration would have done so.

libertybrewcity
09-03-2011, 11:58 PM
He did not invade Iran. I'm almost positive a McCain administration would have done so.

oh god, i don't want to know how many more countries we would be in right now...holy crap that's a scary thought.

Pauls' Revere
09-04-2011, 12:02 AM
Obama has shown, once again, that there is no fundamental difference between Republicans and Democrats in our political culture anymore. Most of his policies and agenda are similar to George W. Bush's.

^^^^THIS^^^^

and I'm sick and tierd of Democrats in denial that thier guy is just as bad as Bush and the GOP which fails to admit that Obama is a Republican as much as Bush is/was.

tangent4ronpaul
09-04-2011, 06:03 PM
Had to think about this for a few minutes as I was drawing a complete blank but finally came up with two things.

He pulled some troops out of Iraq

He presumably has improved his golf game, what with all the practice he's been getting.

kah13176
09-04-2011, 06:04 PM
He repealed DADT.

He set the stage for making Paul more popular.