PDA

View Full Version : Maps Reveal How the Nazis Would've Invaded the U.S. in WWII

bobbyw24
09-03-2011, 08:47 AM
As the world continues to reel from worldwide recession and conflict hotspots spread across the globe, we at The Blaze wanted to take you back to a time when things were perhaps even more dire.

The UK’s Daily Mail has dusted off some hypothesized Nazi invasion plans, shown in the maps below. First published in the 1942 issue of Life, just months after the bombing of Pearl Harbor, these maps captivated American readers who lived under the very real threat of the Axis powers’ invasion. Had Hitler not attacked the Soviet Union and focused on the Western front, some variation of the invasion routes on these maps may have become a reality.

http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Map-1-620x333.jpg

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/how-would-the-nazis-have-invaded-america-in-world-war-ii-these-maps-tell/

eduardo89
09-03-2011, 08:50 AM
Germany wouldn't have invaded the US, Hitler never cared about North America. He also never cared to fight Britain or the French (Defeating them I mean, you don't really fight the French, they just surrender). Hitler wanted eastern Europe.

Acala
09-03-2011, 08:55 AM
These were not Nazi plans. And the Nazis couldn't even invade the UK across a water body people have been known to SWIM across, and across which the Nazis were able to fly planes and launch missiles. So an invasion across the Atlantic ocean was supposed to be a real threat? Hahahahahahahaha. What a crock.

The only known Nazi master plan for the world planned to leave the Western Hemisphere to the US.

pcosmar
09-03-2011, 09:12 AM
These were not Nazi plans. And the Nazis couldn't even invade the UK across a water body people have been known to SWIM across, and across which the Nazis were able to fly planes and launch missiles. So an invasion across the Atlantic ocean was supposed to be a real threat? Hahahahahahahaha. What a crock.

The only known Nazi master plan for the world planned to leave the Western Hemisphere to the US.
Why would the German Battle Plans be written in English?

This was nothing but a propaganda promotion for US involvement.

A full invasion (if ever possible and attempted) would have been stopped shortly after the beach.
It still would today.

AGRP
09-03-2011, 09:20 AM
The Blaze = The Boogie Mans gonna get you!

sorianofan
09-03-2011, 09:22 AM
The Nazis were looking for Lebensraum in Eastern Europe, using "inferior" races as slaves in Nazi manors. The UK and US were considered racially similar, and Hitler did not want to fight them. However, assuming Hitler was able to get Danzig without a fight, I think by 1940 he would have dropped the pretense of uniting ethnic Germans and would have just started attacking people.

eduardo89
09-03-2011, 09:25 AM
The Nazis were looking for Lebensraum in Eastern Europe, using "inferior" races as slaves in Nazi manors. The UK and US were considered racially similar, and Hitler did not want to fight them. However, assuming Hitler was able to get Danzig without a fight, I think by 1940 he would have dropped the pretense of uniting ethnic Germans and would have just started attacking people.

Hitler had 0 interest in Britain, Western Europe or the rest of the world. He also did not care for having Slavic slaves. He would have resettled the Slavs east of the Urals, leaving the land to the west open for German settlers.

peterv
09-03-2011, 09:31 AM
This only worked in Philip Dick's 1962 Hugo winning novel, "The Man in the High Castle."
How do pointless threads like this even get started???

pcosmar
09-03-2011, 09:33 AM

Propaganda.
In this case,,

specsaregood
09-03-2011, 09:37 AM

A full invasion (if ever possible and attempted) would have been stopped shortly after the beach.
It still would today.

I dunno, it seems like the fascists suceeded to me. Not through a beach invasion; but rather a swamp invasion via washington D.C.

Cutlerzzz
09-03-2011, 09:43 AM
Were they planning in swimming?

sorianofan
09-03-2011, 09:44 AM
Hitler had 0 interest in Britain, Western Europe or the rest of the world. He also did not care for having Slavic slaves. He would have resettled the Slavs east of the Urals, leaving the land to the west open for German settlers.

i'm sure that would have not been a fun process. The extermination camps were inevitable.

bobbyw24
09-03-2011, 09:47 AM

If it's useless why is it getting so many replies?

Welcome aboard by the way

pcosmar
09-03-2011, 09:47 AM
i'm sure that would have not been a fun process. The extermination camps were inevitable.

The process was preceded by disarming the populations first. As it usually is.

COpatriot
09-03-2011, 09:48 AM
Yeah that place is one of those sites that just makes you shake your head. Absolute pure idiocy over there and especially in the comments. Just a bastion of hysteria and stupidity.

sailingaway
09-03-2011, 09:48 AM
Propaganda.
In this case,,

The article doesn't pretend it was real. It was AFTER Pearl Harbor and purely made up as 'this is how they might do it' according to the article

Which raises the question, why on earth bring it up now?

pcosmar
09-03-2011, 09:52 AM
I dunno, it seems like the fascists suceeded to me. Not through a beach invasion; but rather a swamp invasion via washington D.C.

The alternate means preferred by Fabians.

http://avangelista.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/wolf-in-sheep-clothing.jpg?w=365&h=405

AuH20
09-03-2011, 09:53 AM
The Nazis did have a contingency plan for American conquest once it became abundantly clear that short circuiting the formidable war machine was imperative to their national survival. What really destroyed the Nazis' ability to fully wage war at an optimum level was the opening of the new front in the East, which ultimately led to the loss of the entire Sixth army at Stalingrad. Now regarding the Nazis' lack of a delivery system for their armaments to raze the American coastline, they were only a few years away from producing revolutionary aircraft like the Horten 2-29 and other hi tech weaponry in mass numbers. However, the early poster is right in that Hitler did not consider America a foe in the beginning of his advances.

RM918
09-03-2011, 09:56 AM
And of course, one lone troll goes off about how Ron Paul would've 'let it happen' if the Nazis invaded to amens all around.

It shocks me how completely ignorant and misinformed these people are, who are supposed to agree with me on a lot of things. It makes me think they deserve what's coming.

And remember back during the days when folks defended Beck for turning folks to libertarianism! And now look what his followers have turned into, it's basically a copy of redstate.

Lafayette
09-03-2011, 10:04 AM
This map is BS, everyone knows the Nazi's would of just donned sombreros and came across the southern border disguised as migrant farm workers.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_-K8tx0U8bLM/TI0P0uC_QTI/AAAAAAAAA4Q/u90VTtH1DAo/s400/mexican_hitler.jpg

nobody's_hero
09-03-2011, 10:08 AM
The Nazis did have a contingency plan for American conquest once it became abundantly clear that short circuiting the formidable war machine was imperative to their national survival. What really destroyed the Nazis' ability to fully wage war at an optimum level was the opening of the new front in the East, which ultimately led to the loss of the entire Sixth army at Stalingrad. Now regarding the Nazis' lack of a delivery system for their armaments to raze the American coastline, they were only a few years away from producing revolutionary aircraft like the Horten 2-29 and other hi tech weaponry in mass numbers. However, the early poster is right in that Hitler did not consider America a foe in the beginning of his advances.

Yeah, i don't know that I would entirely discredit a 'world domination' plan of Hitler's, either. Sometimes we get so caught up in the fact that our government is some sort of demon that everyone else looks like a saint (when they aren't).

flightlesskiwi
09-03-2011, 10:11 AM
This map is BS, everyone knows the Nazi's would of just donned sombreros and came across the southern border disguised as migrant farm workers.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_-K8tx0U8bLM/TI0P0uC_QTI/AAAAAAAAA4Q/u90VTtH1DAo/s400/mexican_hitler.jpg

definitely.

AuH20
09-03-2011, 10:13 AM
Yeah, i don't know that I would entirely discredit a 'world domination' plan of Hitler's, either. Sometimes we get so caught up in the fact that our government is some sort of demon that everyone else looks like a saint (when they aren't).

Correct. Just like there are war hawks who are looking for monsters in every dark corner of the world, conversely there are those who mistakenly believe that there are no tangible threats.

RM918
09-03-2011, 10:20 AM

Claiming that Hitler's world domination plan is a fantasy equates to viewing him as a saint? Really?

I have no doubt he'd have LIKED to conquer the planet. But that is much easier said than done, the world is not a game of Risk and he just didn't have the capacity.

Correct. Just like there are war hawks who are looking for monsters in every dark corner of the world, conversely there are those who mistakenly believe that there are no tangible threats.

I'd like to hear one person who wouldn't respond to an ACTUAL threat to this country. I have no doubt the people who decry as believing the world is full of unicorns and rainbows would enlist at the first real, tangible, non-manufactured threat to their homes.

pcosmar
09-03-2011, 10:20 AM
Yeah, i don't know that I would entirely discredit a 'world domination' plan of Hitler's, either.

I would.
It may have been some delusional "wet dream", but it had no basis in reality nor hope of success.

Even if you discount the widely demonized concept of militia. just look at the Deer Hunters. How many licenses are sold and how many deer are taken.

Now, turn those rifles against a threat.
invasion is NOT a practical reality.

moderate libertarian
09-03-2011, 10:28 AM
A map can be produced to show that humans wanted to invade mars and would not mean much.

Daily Mail was Iraq war cheerleader and is neoconish outfit, not sure if they are trying to influnce debate on military spending cuts but its irrelevant right now.

Every nation has all sorts of contingency plans. There has been a Pentagon plan showing US bombing of Israel but does that mean this is going to happen.

U.S. had emergency plan for attacking Israel in 1967
Plan was aimed at preventing Israel from expanding westward, into Sinai, or eastward, into the West Bank.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/u-s-had-emergency-plan-for-attacking-israel-in-1967-1.218857

This mail report is a non story IMO.

eduardo89
09-03-2011, 10:30 AM
I would.
It may have been some delusional "wet dream", but it had no basis in reality nor hope of success.

Even if you discount the widely demonized concept of militia. just look at the Deer Hunters. How many licenses are sold and how many deer are taken.

invasion is NOT a practical reality.just look at the resistance the remants of the German military and civilians were able to put up during the Battle of Berlin. These were starved, exhausted, battered people with almost no leadership or weaponry left. Not to mention they'd already been at war for 5 years and were in a completely bombed out city. Most of those fighting were elderly, youth or already injured soldiers, yet there were able to take out 361,367 men 1,997 tanks, 2,108 artillery pieces, 917 aircraft. Just imagine what Americans could do if Germany tried to invade. It wouldn't succeed.

pcosmar
09-03-2011, 10:41 AM
just look at the resistance the remants of the German military and civilians were able to put up during the Battle of Berlin. These were starved, exhausted, battered people with almost no leadership or weaponry left. Not to mention they'd already been at war for 5 years and were in a completely bombed out city. Most of those fighting were elderly, youth or already injured soldiers, yet there were able to take out 361,367 men 1,997 tanks, 2,108 artillery pieces, 917 aircraft. Just imagine what Americans could do if Germany tried to invade. It wouldn't succeed.

Exactly, and Britten is what,, the size of one of our smaller states?

Licensed Deer hunters from 5 states.
Pennsylvania 1,299,372
Michigan 1,005,000
Wisconsin 894,543
New York 812,446
Texas 645,000

That does not include all gun owners, only those with deer licenses.

More than 83% of all hunters live in prime whitetail areas of the eastern two-thirds of the country. This accounts for more than 12.6 million hunters. Plus, seven of eleven western states are home to an increasing number of whitetail hunters.

Nate-ForLiberty
09-03-2011, 10:55 AM
it would have happened just like this.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMQwT9z0Jyc

:D

Acala
09-03-2011, 11:08 AM
My neighbor to the west of me is an asshole. And frankly I think he is kinda crazy. Also, I see him working out so he must be getting ready for "something". It wouldn't surprise me at all if he had ambitions for world domination. Excuse me while I go murder him. :toady:

Oh, and his family will probably be killed in the process. Collateral damage. Sorry.

Dustancostine
09-03-2011, 11:23 AM
Exactly, and Britten is what,, the size of one of our smaller states?

Licensed Deer hunters from 5 states.
Pennsylvania 1,299,372
Michigan 1,005,000
Wisconsin 894,543
New York 812,446
Texas 645,000

That does not include all gun owners, only those with deer licenses.

More than 83% of all hunters live in prime whitetail areas of the eastern two-thirds of the country. This accounts for more than 12.6 million hunters. Plus, seven of eleven western states are home to an increasing number of whitetail hunters.

That number is low for Texas. In 2006-2007 they sold over 1 million hunting license combined.

Ronpauljones
09-03-2011, 11:32 AM
A little known fact is that if Hitler wasn't a paranoid drug user post 1940 he would have won WWII.

Ronpauljones
09-03-2011, 11:43 AM
I would.

LOL. Deer rifles. Please do some research on what Hitler had in the works, even some of the stuff he finished and never used. We are incredibly lucky this guy lost his marbles in the last few years of the war...

Ronpauljones
09-03-2011, 11:45 AM

Lol Glenn Beck in a sombrero.

RM918
09-03-2011, 11:46 AM
LOL. Deer rifles. Please do some research on what Hitler had in the works, even some of the stuff he finished and never used. We are incredibly lucky this guy lost his marbles in the last few years of the war...

Just like our incredible technology has so easily subjugated a bunch of camel herders with sticks? 12 million deer rifles are quite enough for any modern occupation force, let alone anything Hitler had in the 40's.

RM918
09-03-2011, 11:47 AM

pcosmar
09-03-2011, 11:50 AM
That number is low for Texas. In 2006-2007 they sold over 1 million hunting license combined.

it was a quick search for a reference ;) (not even sure of the year)

not meant to be definitive,, but you get the point.

Yes deer rifles, carried by people comfortable in the wood and capable of hitting very wary prey.
Many of whom have had prior military service.

how long do you think it would take for the armories to be opened in the event of an invasion?

Ronpauljones
09-03-2011, 11:53 AM
Just like our incredible technology has so easily subjugated a bunch of camel herders with sticks? 12 million deer rifles are quite enough for any modern occupation force, let alone anything Hitler had in the 40's.

So incredibly not true. Research Hitler's technology. I'm not at all saying they would have occupied us. Not straight away at least. They would have shredded us apart first or left the country un-inhabitable.

RM918
09-03-2011, 11:55 AM
So incredibly not true. Research Hitler's technology. I'm not at all saying they would have occupied us. Not straight away at least. They would have shredded us apart first or left the country un-inhabitable.

Did Hitler build terminators? Did he have anti-matter bombs? A gigantic goddamned laser? Then I find it unlikely he'd have any hope in hell.

Ronpauljones
09-03-2011, 11:59 AM
Did Hitler build terminators? Did he have anti-matter bombs? A gigantic goddamned laser? Then I find it unlikely he'd have any hope in hell.

I'm not going to sit here and spend the time to educate someone who refuses to do any research for themselves. Have fun in fantasy land.

RM918
09-03-2011, 12:01 PM
I'm not going to sit here and spend the time to educate someone who refuses to do any research for themselves. Have fun in fantasy land.

And I guess I won't be sitting here spending the time researching arguments for someone who can't do the arguing for themselves.

Ronpauljones
09-03-2011, 12:09 PM
If I ended up doing it I would make my own thread. But here's a good starting point for anyone thinking Hitler had no chance of winning WWII or successfully taking over the United States.

Messerschmitt Me 262

German's had the nuclear bomb (the bombs we dropped on Japan were German nuclear bombs)

and this book:

http://www.amazon.com/How-Hitler-Could-Have-World/dp/0609808443

I'm done with this thread.

Captain Shays
09-03-2011, 07:35 PM
At the height of the Third Reicht Hitler had some 3 million in his army. With a good number of them on the Russian front and a good number trying to maintain his conquests in Europe along with his efforts to cross the English Channel and invade Great Briton are we to expect that he could cross the Atlantic Ocean and get past our navy, our air force and army and then face 50 million armed Americans who were defending their families? This was the same type of propaganda that FDR was trying to peddle in his efforts to get us into WWII. At least back then Americans didn't buy it.

Carson
09-03-2011, 07:49 PM
Not as far fetched as it sounds really.

The Japaness did invade and hold part of Alaska. There were also attacks from across the Atlantic direction. Even landings I believe.

Carson
09-03-2011, 07:54 PM
And of course, one lone troll goes off about how Ron Paul would've 'let it happen' if the Nazis invaded to amens all around.

It shocks me how completely ignorant and misinformed these people are, who are supposed to agree with me on a lot of things. It makes me think they deserve what's coming.

And remember back during the days when folks defended Beck for turning folks to libertarianism! And now look what his followers have turned into, it's basically a copy of redstate.

The difference between Ron Paul and the other candidates is Ron Paul would have soldiers here to meet the threat, not off gallivanting in world domination.

Ron Paul!!!

P.S. When I posted the above statement I was thinking more about times in the future and not in the past with the war with Germany. I'm thinking it was our last honest war. Or legal as in a congressional approval.

Icymudpuppy
09-03-2011, 08:37 PM
I think a quote from a Nazi is appropriate here...

This is an exchange which occurred in Nuremburg in which Herman Goring was on trial for war crimes:

Herman Göring: Why, of course, the people don't want war. Why would some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best that he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece. Naturally, the common people don't want war; neither in Russia nor in England nor in America, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy or a fascist dictatorship or a Parliament or a Communist dictatorship.
Gilbert: There is one difference. In a democracy, the people have some say in the matter through their elected representatives, and in the United States only Congress can declare wars.
Göring: Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.

libertybrewcity
09-03-2011, 09:28 PM
Why would the German Battle Plans be written in English?

It still would today.

why wouldn't the Germans have plans to invade America? I'm pretty sure the Japanese were planning it. And i wouldn't doubt it if America had plans to invade every country from Iran to Vatican City.

pcosmar
09-03-2011, 09:40 PM
why wouldn't the Germans have plans to invade America? I'm pretty sure the Japanese were planning it. And i wouldn't doubt it if America had plans to invade every country from Iran to Vatican City.

First because they have NO Means of moving a large enough force to even attempt such and because it is well known that the US has an Armed Population. Germany might possibly have had the manpower to attack ONE state (possibly) if they had the means to bring their entire military force to bear and keep the tanks fueled at the same time. They had no means to do so.

And while they were attempting an attack on that one state,, surrounding states would be making the preparations to utterly crush them.

Even fanatical madmen are not that stupid.

sofia
09-03-2011, 10:09 PM
Hitler never wanted war with anybody...not even shitty little Poland (which the West used to bait him)

u want the REAL truth of WW2?....have a look at http://www.tomatobubble.com

AuH20
09-03-2011, 10:17 PM
Hitler never wanted war with anybody...not even shitty little Poland (which the West used to bait him)

u want the REAL truth of WW2?....have a look at http://www.tomatobubble.com

Ever heard of the term Lebensraum? Hitler outlined in his book the need for living space and raw materials for the German people.

sofia
09-03-2011, 10:44 PM
Ever heard of the term Lebensraum? Hitler outlined in his book the need for living space and raw materials for the German people.

a few lines written in a 1924 book while a young Hitler was thrown in prison by a traitor government.....do not carry the same weight as Hitler's repeated attempts in 1939 to avert war and amicably negotiate with the Polish government over the issues of the Danzig Corridor..

sofia
09-03-2011, 10:46 PM
a few lines written in a 1924 book while a young Hitler was thrown in prison by a traitor government.....do not carry the same weight as Hitler's repeated attempts in 1939 to avert war and amicably negotiate with the Polish government over the issues of the Danzig Corridor..

Poland was used by FDR, and the jewish advisors surrounding him,...to pick a fight with peaceful Germany.

Hitler killed Germany's "Fed" and pulled Germany out of "The League of Nations"....Thats why the NWO had to take Germany down.

libertybrewcity
09-03-2011, 11:39 PM
First because they have NO Means of moving a large enough force to even attempt such and because it is well known that the US has an Armed Population. Germany might possibly have had the manpower to attack ONE state (possibly) if they had the means to bring their entire military force to bear and keep the tanks fueled at the same time. They had no means to do so.

And while they were attempting an attack on that one state,, surrounding states would be making the preparations to utterly crush them.

Even fanatical madmen are not that stupid.

The Japanese had thought about it and probably had written plans, but that doesn't mean they were definitely going to go through with it. Hitler and his administration probably had talked about it and obviously made some written plans. Had they been more successful in other countries and not attacked the Soviet Union they may have eventually gone into the US. If they would have first taken over the Middle East (oil) and stopped shipments to US, the US may not have even had the military means to attack back against a land or air invasion of the US.

See, there are all kinds of scenarios and what ifs. Just because they didn't doesn't mean they didn't think about it or plan it out.

Jace
09-04-2011, 01:10 AM

Andrew Ryan
09-04-2011, 03:18 AM
Five bucks says they have a map just like this one showing Ahmadinejad's plans to invade us.
Or Israel

Jace
09-04-2011, 04:10 AM

Hospitaller
09-04-2011, 04:51 AM
Look how retarded this map is. ^^

Great Britain sits untouched like a giant aircraft carrier off the coastline of Hitler's Fortress Europa. Meanwhile, Hitler is supposed to march across Spain and take Gibraltar, from which he is supposed to launch a naval attack against the North American continent. Spain was neutral at the time and Franco refused to join the Axis Powers because his country had just been devastated by the Spanish Civil War. So, Hitler was supposed to cross the Pyrenees into Spain and then take Gibraltar--one of the most formidable island fortresses in the world.

You lost me when you said Gibraltar is an island

NJames
09-04-2011, 06:03 AM
I'd like to point out that deer rifles don't go very far at all in the equipping of an army these days.

The smallest and most boring unit of a modern army is perhaps the rifle squad. Yes, it is crucial to the strength of an army. Only about 50% of the firepower of a rifle squad comes from the rifles. The rest comes from the light machine guns, grenade launchers, etc. These other weapons are not useful for hunting deer, but are essential for standing up to modern infantry on the battlefield. Then you have to consider the massive threat posed by the mortars and heavy machine guns usually available at the battalion level. This is not to mention the heavy artillery possessed at division level, or the devastating air power and armored units.

An army of deer rifles, even if well trained could not stand against a WWII or later army on the battlefield. The most they could accomplish would be to slow the invasion, and that at a massive cost of life the the deer hunters. The rifles would be a problem to an invader, but only as a guerrilla insurgency. In short, if you think the 2nd Amendment is alive and well in this country, you are have been misled.

WilliamC
09-04-2011, 06:40 AM
The process was preceded by disarming the populations first. As it usually is.

Exactly. All the more reason to keep on bearing arms.

A well-armed citizenry is the best army.

WilliamC
09-04-2011, 06:42 AM
I'd like to point out that deer rifles don't go very far at all in the equipping of an army these days.

The smallest and most boring unit of a modern army is perhaps the rifle squad. Yes, it is crucial to the strength of an army. Only about 50% of the firepower of a rifle squad comes from the rifles. The rest comes from the light machine guns, grenade launchers, etc. These other weapons are not useful for hunting deer, but are essential for standing up to modern infantry on the battlefield. Then you have to consider the massive threat posed by the mortars and heavy machine guns usually available at the battalion level. This is not to mention the heavy artillery possessed at division level, or the devastating air power and armored units.

An army of deer rifles, even if well trained could not stand against a WWII or later army on the battlefield. The most they could accomplish would be to slow the invasion, and that at a massive cost of life the the deer hunters. The rifles would be a problem to an invader, but only as a guerrilla insurgency. In short, if you think the 2nd Amendment is alive and well in this country, you are have been misled.

I want an AA-12.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQYp9fOJ9VI

pcosmar
09-04-2011, 06:45 AM
The rifles would be a problem to an invader, but only as a guerrilla insurgency. In short, if you think the 2nd Amendment is alive and well in this country, you are have been misled.

Tell that to the Russians that failed against the Afghan tribesmen.
or to the US Military that is facing similar results today.

Then remember that the US is Huge and any world Army would be outnumbered 10 to 1. (at least)

Alive and well,,,no, not hardly. But still alive and still a formidable deterrent.

TNforPaul45
09-04-2011, 07:30 AM
We barely got our ships across the English Channel to carry out the Normandy invasion.

Hitler would have had to dominate the Atlantic (Extremely hard) and then move massive troop transports over the entire ocean with no resistance (Hard even in the slave trade days) and then face a Normandy x 1000 on the East coast.

There is a reason why the United States, other than in 1812, has never faced an land invasion scenario. Even asleep, we citizens have sharp fangs.

ProBlue33
09-04-2011, 08:03 AM
Pure Propaganda, England was tactically very important to finally closing down the western front for Hitler. He couldn't do it. In fact did battleship bombardment from Germanies Navy even happen? I don't remember reading about any of that because England navy and air force was still strong enough to fight that off.
What would Ron Paul have done, based on his belief system he would have committed all resources to the pacific to defeat Japan faster.
As long as Germany never attacked, he would have stayed away from that. Imagine the forces of Normandy redirected at the Japanese.

Icymudpuppy
09-04-2011, 08:27 AM
This map is about as credible as an Iranian army coming to invade the USA.

pcosmar
09-04-2011, 08:35 AM
This map is about as credible as an Iranian army coming to invade the USA.

but, but, but,,,
Isn't that what we're supposed to fear here.

Fredom101
09-04-2011, 11:49 AM
Well all of this is a mute point because the Nazis were running out of oil, which is why they could not fight battles on every front and lost the war. No oil, no invasion of America, or England or anywhere else. Hitler was already done before D-Day.

WilliamC
09-04-2011, 11:55 AM
Come to think of it I want ya'll to have your own AA-12's too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOoUVeyaY_8

All this talk about Nazi's invading is making me paranoid or something...

BlackTerrel
09-04-2011, 12:52 PM
Countries during wartime (and even during peace time) come up with 1000 different contingency plans. And it wouldn't surprise me that the Germans would come up with a plan even if they knew it had no chance of succeeding.

I'd be surprised if during the cold war the US didn't have plans to invade Russia even though we would have known it would have meant the death of everyone on the planet. And the Russians probably had the same.

It's what military strategists do.

NJames
09-04-2011, 01:15 PM
Tell that to the Russians that failed against the Afghan tribesmen.
or to the US Military that is facing similar results today.I don't think Afghanistan offers any counter points to my argument. My point is that men armed with rifles can not dream of capturing or holding territory against a modern army. Well run insurgencies usually don't even attempt it.

Also, the Afghans are better armed than deer hunters in the states. I'm not sure the difference is significant compared to a modern army, but it would be significant if the deer hunters went head to head with the tribesmen.

Warrior_of_Freedom
09-04-2011, 01:17 PM
So it reveals they would invade the border? I don't get it. It's not like they could have teleported to Kentucky and start their invasion there.

WilliamC
09-04-2011, 01:26 PM
I'm not joking about the AA-12's...well not completely at least....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3iRNd9-sy4

Better to have and not need than need and have not.

eduardo89
09-04-2011, 02:19 PM
So it reveals they would invade the border? I don't get it. It's not like they could have teleported to Kentucky and start their invasion there.Lol

pcosmar
09-04-2011, 02:45 PM
I don't think Afghanistan offers any counter points to my argument. My point is that men armed with rifles can not dream of capturing or holding territory against a modern army. Well run insurgencies usually don't even attempt it.

Also, the Afghans are better armed than deer hunters in the states. I'm not sure the difference is significant compared to a modern army, but it would be significant if the deer hunters went head to head with the tribesmen.

Again, you are confused.
or something,,,,
" My point is that men armed with rifles can not dream of capturing or holding territory against a modern army."

Why would they be capturing land. They would be defending land. Land the very likely had hunted on for years and knew well.
They would be defending against invaders that had limited knowledge of the strange land they had entered.
The invaders would no know the rabbit trails, the woods, the caves or the swamps. The defenders would.

"Also, the Afghans are better armed than deer hunters in the states"

When the Russians attacked Afghanistan the tribesmen had single shots and old bolt rifles. few vehicles. But they knew the mountains.
They ambushed Russians, killed them and took their equipment. They used that to kill more Russians.
The arrogance of modern armies has been defeated by primitives several times.

Occupation is proven to be a Poor Occupation.

jmdrake
09-04-2011, 04:42 PM
If I ended up doing it I would make my own thread. But here's a good starting point for anyone thinking Hitler had no chance of winning WWII or successfully taking over the United States.

Messerschmitt Me 262

German's had the nuclear bomb (the bombs we dropped on Japan were German nuclear bombs)

and this book:

http://www.amazon.com/How-Hitler-Could-Have-World/dp/0609808443

I'm done with this thread.

The 262 had a range of only 652 miles. (See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messerschmitt_Me_262) That's not nearly enough to cross the 3,600 mile distance across the Atlantic. (See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transatlantic_flight)

As mentioned earlier Germany didn't have much of a navy. They only had one aircraft carrier. (See: http://www.damninteresting.com/the-only-nazi-aircraft-carrier/) And it's doubtful if a Me 262 could have taken off from one. While mid air refueling did exist, the Germans didn't have that. And the British had a working jet before WW II ended also. It's likely that even if the Nazis had been able to hold on long enough to make effective use of their 262's that Americans could have caught before the Nazi's were anywhere close to launching an invasion. Germany did not have a nuclear bomb. Obvious guy says if they had it they would have used it. They had nuclear fission, but that was known before WW II. They could have had a bomb if Hitler hadn't run off the Jewish physicists. (See: http://www.unmuseum.org/nbomb.htm)

NJames
09-04-2011, 06:20 PM
They would be defending against invaders ...
They couldn't really defend it at all. When the army comes to town, they can run or they can die. If they run, then they can perhaps come back later.

The poverty of the Afghans made the prospect of running much more palatable than it would be to Westerners. They didn't have much to lose by giving up any particular piece of ground to the enemy. But that still doesn't fit my definition of "defending." When I picture defending my home, I don't picture heading to the hills for ten years and coming back once the enemy has given up. I mean, it's better than permanent slavery, but, ouch.

pcosmar
09-04-2011, 06:56 PM
They couldn't really defend it at all. When the army comes to town, they can run or they can die. If they run, then they can perhaps come back later.

You really have not concept or understanding of guerrilla warfare do you?

That is fine, he US Army has never been able to grasp the concept either.

A few of us do understand it. But a few is all it takes.

heavenlyboy34
09-04-2011, 07:35 PM
I would.

qft.

heavenlyboy34
09-04-2011, 07:37 PM
You really have not concept or understanding of guerrilla warfare do you?

That is fine, he US Army has never been able to grasp the concept either.

I few of us do understand it. But a few is all it takes.
+a zillion. The French Grand Armee didn't get it either-till they were destroyed in Russia and Napoleon went home with his tail between his legs.

showpan
05-11-2022, 01:01 PM
JP Morgan and Chase Bank were financing Hitler's war machine and their steel industry. It's a good thing for them they didn't make those Panzers out of wood.

Anti Globalist
05-12-2022, 10:55 AM
JP Morgan and Chase Bank were financing Hitler's war machine and their steel industry. It's a good thing for them they didn't make those Panzers out of wood.
Don't forget Prescott Bush. He too also funded the Nazi's.

paleocon1
05-12-2022, 11:12 AM
As the world continues to reel from worldwide recession and conflict hotspots spread across the globe, we at The Blaze wanted to take you back to a time when things were perhaps even more dire.

The UK’s Daily Mail has dusted off some hypothesized Nazi invasion plans, shown in the maps below. First published in the 1942 issue of Life, just months after the bombing of Pearl Harbor, these maps captivated American readers who lived under the very real threat of the Axis powers’ invasion. Had Hitler not attacked the Soviet Union and focused on the Western front, some variation of the invasion routes on these maps may have become a reality.

http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Map-1-620x333.jpg

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/how-would-the-nazis-have-invaded-america-in-world-war-ii-these-maps-tell/

A hoax. Neither Germany nor Japan had the resources to build the required logistics base.