PDA

View Full Version : A Serious GOP Debate

sailingaway
09-03-2011, 08:45 AM
http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/276207/serious-gop-debate-robert-costa

FreedomProsperityPeace
09-03-2011, 05:58 PM
Sounds like it will be a great event, but will it be televised nationally? I want to see it, but more importantly, I want all Republican voters to see it. I have no doubt that Dr. Paul will do great, and I'm sure the others won't (Newt may do alright).

dirtfarmerz
09-03-2011, 10:51 PM
Nope, not televised nationally. It will be streamed live at 3PM from www.townhall.com, though.

Feeding the Abscess
09-03-2011, 11:42 PM
George has been grappling with these issues for years. At Princeton, he directs the James Madison Program in American Ideals and Institutions. He also served on the President’s Council on Bioethics during the George W. Bush administration, and as a presidential appointee to the United States Commission on Civil Rights. As an author, he has written numerous books on natural law, public morality, and civil liberties. As a political figure, he co-chairs the National Organization for Marriage.

Yeah, took a quick glance at NOM. That, plus his Bush administration membership = this is not going to be a serious debate. I'm open to being proven wrong, but I'm not worried about that happening.

low preference guy
09-03-2011, 11:44 PM
Yeah, took a quick glance at NOM. That, plus his Bush administration membership = this is not going to be a serious debate. I'm open to being proven wrong, but I'm not worried about that happening.

NOM fights gay marriage at the state level. I think that's a good thing (the part in italics).

Feeding the Abscess
09-04-2011, 12:13 AM
NOM fights gay marriage at the state level. I think that's a good thing (the part in italics).

They're the authors of that marriage pledge that Bachmann and Santorum signed earlier in the summer, that touted a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage.

low preference guy
09-04-2011, 12:14 AM
They're the authors of that marriage pledge that Bachmann and Santorum signed earlier in the summer, that touted a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage.

i see. i didn't know. they suck then.