PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul: World Worse Off 10 Years After September 11

bobbyw24
09-03-2011, 05:16 AM
Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul thinks that the United States doesn't understand terrorism and that the country is worse off than before than the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks on the World Trade Center and Pentagon.

"We've made things much worse," Paul said on NPR's "Talk of the Nation" Wednesday.

Paul is a known opponent of war; he voted against both Iraq wars and the war in Kosovo.

"Before we invaded Iraq, the Iraqis had never committed any acts of suicide terrorism. By 2007, they were committing over 300 acts of terrorism against Americans or allies of Americans," he said.

Many politicians are weighing in with their thoughts on terrorism and our fight against it with the tenth anniversary of Sept. 11 looming in just a few short days.

http://news.yahoo.com/ron-paul-world-worse-off-10-years-september-180100372.html

Bruno
09-03-2011, 05:32 AM
Dominating the comments:

Rafael : 8 hours ago If you been to war you never want to go back. I been in Iraq 3 times. Trust me I know this man is right. We made things worst

William: 8 hours ago: Ive been to iraq and im currently in afghanistan. Ron Paul is right. We are CREATING more enemies than we can KILL. You cannot fight terrorism with an army. Terrorism is fueled by hate and bombing and invading countries only fuels that hate.

TK3: 7 hours ago It's not a horse race folks so forget the odds and vote for who YOU want and just maybe...

Anthony: 9 hours ago Your Americas last hope before the neocons continue their wars in the Middle East bankrupting America and destroying the Middle Class in the name of banking, oil and corporate interest. Ron Paul 2012. Romney and the other puppet Democrat oops now Republican Perry are going to have to bring their triple AAA game and calm down on the flip floping. Wake up Americans!

Matt L 9 hours ago I'm looking forward to the next GOP debate, people will see the rest of the candidates and the President are all bought and paid for, if you like what we have now, vote for one of the rest, it won't matter who, but if you'll truly interested in see the country run the way our forefathers intended, there really is only one choice, God Bless Ron Paul, tell a friend, lol

bobbyw24
09-03-2011, 05:38 AM
Thanks Bruno

vita3
09-03-2011, 06:32 AM
This Nation wants & needs a pragmatic 2012 peace candidate.

Keep it up!

bobbyw24
09-03-2011, 06:35 AM

Keep it up!

I hope the nation realizes that

A Son of Liberty
09-03-2011, 07:29 AM

Keep it up!

Yep. This stuff really resonates with honest leftists. I've gained traction for Ron on a number of occasions using foreign policy as the ultimate moral issue. This will help that effort.

moderate libertarian
09-03-2011, 10:57 AM
He is right.

WhoIsJohnGalt?
09-12-2011, 11:16 AM
Does anyone have a list of the 300 acts of terrorism? People are starting to ask. It would be nice to have backup for this.

jmdrake
09-12-2011, 02:16 PM
Does anyone have a list of the 300 acts of terrorism? People are starting to ask. It would be nice to have backup for this.

300 sounds low.

See: http://www.alternet.org/world/79779/