PDA

View Full Version : Thompson Lobbied for Jean-Bertrand Aristide

cujothekitten
06-13-2007, 04:23 PM
Holy crap

Thompson Lobbied for Presidente Jean-Bertrand Aristide

Fred Dalton Thomson filed papers with the Justice Department in 1991 to represent Presidente Jean-Bertrand Aristide two weeks after he was deposed from power.

According to the papers, Fred Dalton Thompson stated his intent to lobby members of Congress and their staff, officials of the U.S. Department of State and the Office of the President of the United states on behalf of Presidente Aristide.

The website The Politico has obtained the papers filed by Fred Dalton Thompson at the justice department and here they are: Page1; Page2.

Fred Dalton Thompson received money payments from presidente Jean-Bertrand Aristide with clear intent to affect changes in US foreign policy on his behalf. Claims that his actions constitute an act of treason were disputed by his spokesman.
http://conservativesagainstfred.wordpress.com/2007/06/11/fred-thompson-lobbied-for-presidente-jean-bertrand-aristide/

This is their darling of the conservative party?

angelatc
06-13-2007, 05:40 PM
Why would this be an act of treason?

X_805
06-13-2007, 05:46 PM
Was this Jean-Bertrand Aristide bad or something?

cujothekitten
06-13-2007, 06:47 PM
Was this Jean-Bertrand Aristide bad or something?

Yes, he was the "dictator" of Haiti.

I heard him talking about his form of the death penalty where you wrap a gasoline soaked towel around someone’s head and light it on fire. He said it was "a strong statement" "beautiful" and "smelled wonderful". He was also a communist.

X_805
06-13-2007, 07:01 PM
I heard him talking about his form of the death penalty where you wrap a gasoline soaked towel around someone’s head and light it on fire. He said it was "a strong statement" "beautiful" and "smelled wonderful".

o_O

Ross Jeffries
07-03-2007, 08:05 PM
Aristide was a marxist anti-american dictator. I think he was accused of some type of genocide in the 90's .

http://www.expoupdate.com/aristide.jpg

Spirit of '76
07-03-2007, 08:37 PM
Bill Clinton sent the part of the 10th Mountain Division to restore Aristide to power in 1994.

ladyjade3
07-03-2007, 08:47 PM
I lived in Haiti for 3 years growing up. Aristide told Haitians that equality meant it was OK to take something from someone who had more than you. They decided that sounded pretty good to them, and guess what happened?

Bad stuff. In short, its not even safe to stop at a stop light there anymore because people will approach you with a gun and take your car, and probably shoot you just because.

Massive capital flight.

Haiti used to have a struggling economy, some agriculture, some factories, even some tourism.

They never used to have piles of bodies in the streets of people who died from starvation. This is what "equality" and Aristide delivered to them with all his false promises. And apparently Fred Thompson helped?

CJLauderdale4
07-03-2007, 08:48 PM
I work with Haitians down here in South Florida. Aristide was allowing the drug trade to come through Haiti, harboring drug dealers for profit, and allowing them to use Haiti as a launching point for smuggling drugs into the U.S.

There's your war on drugs, Republican!!

And you wonder why the ex-military leaders took his a$$ out!

As soon as he was ousted, one of my colleagues quit his job at a Fortune 500 company and went back home to run his family's business. He actually trusted the safety of a military coup leader over Aristide!!

Real nice guy!!

B964
07-03-2007, 09:57 PM
My father goes to Haiti several times a year with the Medical Missionaries. He says it is still very poor living down there.

I do not think it is quite treason, but it is not good.