PDA

View Full Version : DC-Cop tells women to control her dog. As she does, cop shoots dog almost hitting owner.

Anti Federalist
09-02-2011, 07:15 PM
And then gets a $100 leash law ticket.

Very, very lucky that all concerned survived this encounter with a state enforcer.

One of the money quotes:

She says she's like (sic) an explanation, or perhaps an apology.

Officer Friendly responds: "Silence, Mundane! And count yourself lucky I didn't thump your head in the bargain! There's yer fucking apology!"

D.C. officer accused of shooting woman's pet dog

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2011/09/d-c-officer-accused-of-shooting-woman-s-pet-dog-65982.html

"This is wrong. This is animal cruelty, this is excessive", says his owner Tiffany Reynolds.

Reynolds, and her angry and concerned neighbors say the gunfire came from an MPD officer's service weapon.

"It was like pop pop pop pop," recalls neighbor Sheila Love.

"We heard five shots," says Kathy Washington, who also lives nearby.

"We actually jumped up and ran in the house, because in the beginning we didn't know what was going on," she adds.

Witnesses say around one Thursday afternoon, they saw 4th District officers pursuing a man on a bicycle, near the 900 Block of Crittenden Street, NW.

Reynolds says one officer came up an alley, his gun drawn, and told her to grab her dog, who wasn't on a leash.

But then she says, "As my dog looked back, he began to shoot at my dog."

"And you're still holding onto him?" asked ABC7 reporter Richard Reeve.

She replied, "As I'm grabbing him. The officer could've shot me. I'm grabbing toward toward the dog and he's shooting my dog."

Perhaps most frightening, Reynolds says, was that the gun was pointed at her and her sister.

"I think the officer was really scared," Shana Reynolds says.

"Probably scared him more 'cos he pointed a weapon at us," she adds.

Thursday night, an MPD spokesman confirmed an internal investigation is underway--- that an officer did fire his weapon, and that a dog was shot.

Blue ran off, and was discovered by a neighbor at 7th and Shepherd, at least several blocks away.

He was later treated at an animal clinic in NW Washington.

Reynolds was cited $100 for not having her dog on a leash.

She and her neighbors insist the dog would never hurt anyone and they want answers.

"I have never, as long as I'm living, and I'm fifty, seen that dog attack anyone," Washington says.

Reynolds says what's strange is that the officer involved is on the beat in the neighborhood- that he knows the dog, and the dog knows him.

She says she's like an explanation, or perhaps an apology.

Blue, despite his wounds, is expected to survive.

CaptainAmerica
09-02-2011, 07:25 PM
I am really beginning to wonder if this is a national initiative by cops.

AFPVet
09-02-2011, 07:27 PM
Once more, these freaking descendants of idiocracy use tasers on humans just for the hell of it—yet when it comes to correctly employing less lethal devices, they would rather use a firearm. Freaking morons.

Seraphim
09-02-2011, 07:28 PM
I believe the initiative is:

"Fuck with the mundanes and their lives at all costs - you're protected - just fuck with them on all levels, it's fun."

CaptainAmerica
09-02-2011, 07:30 PM
The entire law enforcement needs to be kicked out of their positions from top to bottom and we need new u.s. amendments which make certain rules of engagement illegal.

Danke
09-02-2011, 07:30 PM
InB4Rael, "well if the dog was on a leash..."

kojirodensetsu
09-02-2011, 07:42 PM
Police should (more or less) have the same rights that normal citizens have. If it would be unacceptable for a normal citizen to shoot at the dog then it should be unacceptable for a cop to do it as well.

123tim
09-02-2011, 07:58 PM

We should save everyone some time and have dogs protecting lemonade stands.

Pericles
09-02-2011, 08:09 PM
Tiffany needs some superior firepower.

http://i623.photobucket.com/albums/tt317/Pericles-photo/FNA2.jpg

Oh, wait, it is DC - never mind.

AFPVet
09-02-2011, 10:26 PM
Police should (more or less) have the same rights that normal citizens have. If it would be unacceptable for a normal citizen to shoot at the dog then it should be unacceptable for a cop to do it as well.

Exactly!

flightlesskiwi
09-02-2011, 10:35 PM

agreed.

but good luck with that. :mad:

the dog is going to survive. rare.

Rael
09-03-2011, 12:41 AM

Damn, ya beat me to it :p

aGameOfThrones
09-03-2011, 05:11 AM
Fire all cops and substitute them with US postal service employees, they deliver mail with fucking dogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DamianTV
09-03-2011, 08:08 AM

Well, since prohibiting guns without some sort of a license or permit has been such a bang, and not everyone has guns, dogs are the next logical step. Cops dont want you to be able to protect yourself, from anyone, especially them.

---

Maybe if the Cop was on a Leash!