PDA

View Full Version : How NOT to debate the Christian voters

mosquitobite
09-02-2011, 06:10 PM
Ok, I'm about fed up *to here* with a few Ron Paul supporters on tea party pages on Facebook.

There are ways to convert people to Ron Paul WITHOUT taking the "There is no God and you are IGNORANT" approach.

Trying to convert a Christian to agnosticism or atheism is NOT going to magically convert people to Ron Paul.

Remember, you don't have to AGREE with these positions. You don't have to believe in God even. You just have to appeal to them - and bashing someone's GOD does NOT HELP RON PAUL!

Ways to convert Christians instead:
*Think of all the things the Church could do if the feds would get out of the way. (FEMA is a good example)
*The best way to dismantle abortion is to send it back to the states. It is NEVER going to be banned at the federal level, so settle for second best!
*Same with gay marriage - a full out ban is never going to be enacted federally. Second best is leaving it to the states.
*We can side with Israel without sending OUR troops into Iran.

I'm sure others can think of more. I just am getting tired of debating someone who is ON THE SAME TEAM because they are so thick headed as to believe that calling believers IGNORANT is going to win Ron Paul votes. :rolleyes: And usually they're the ones with a Ron Paul profile pic or Guy Fawkes mask as well, so there is no doubt as to who their candidate is.

CaptainAmerica
09-02-2011, 06:33 PM
I have no idea because I don't have spybook.

BlackTerrel
09-02-2011, 07:24 PM
Ok, I'm about fed up *to here* with a few Ron Paul supporters on tea party pages on Facebook.

There are ways to convert people to Ron Paul WITHOUT taking the "There is no God and you are IGNORANT" approach.

There is seriously wrong with atheists who feel the need to push their agenda 24/7. Ok you don't believe in God - good for you. Why the need to mention it every fucking second of the day and convert everyone else. Chill the f out.

CplKoontz
09-02-2011, 07:25 PM
No offense but I am a Conservative Christian, and I support Ron Paul:)

Why, because his stance is both Constitutional and Biblical:)!

bubbleboy
09-02-2011, 07:26 PM
trying to tell an atheist anything is .... (insert joke)

Paulatized
09-02-2011, 07:28 PM

Me and you both! :)

Sola_Fide
09-02-2011, 07:34 PM

Trying to convert a Christian to agnosticism or atheism is NOT going to magically convert people to Ron Paul.

Remember, you don't have to AGREE with these positions. You don't have to believe in God even. You just have to appeal to them - and bashing someone's GOD does NOT HELP RON PAUL!

Ways to convert Christians instead:
*Think of all the things the Church could do if the feds would get out of the way. (FEMA is a good example)
*The best way to dismantle abortion is to send it back to the states. It is NEVER going to be banned at the federal level, so settle for second best!
*Same with gay marriage - a full out ban is never going to be enacted federally. Second best is leaving it to the states.
*We can side with Israel without sending OUR troops into Iran.

I'm sure others can think of more. I just am getting tired of debating someone who is ON THE SAME TEAM because they are so thick headed as to believe that calling believers IGNORANT is going to win Ron Paul votes. :rolleyes: And usually they're the ones with a Ron Paul profile pic or Guy Fawkes mask as well, so there is no doubt as to who their candidate is.

Good points.

My question about atheist Ron Paul supporters is why don't they offer the same amount of venom to the masses of secular leftists out there? Why don't you convert the vast majority of secularists who are overwhelmingly leftist with the same fervor as you would Christians?

There seems to be an overlooking of the vast majority of leftists who are secular atheists, and a particular venom shown to Christians who are not quite with us yet.

Ronpauljones
09-02-2011, 07:36 PM
The existence of God doesn't make sense.

The non-existence of God doesn't make sense.

There, I settled it :p

RM918
09-02-2011, 07:39 PM
Trying to convert anyone by comparing their beliefs to fairy tales or telling them they're going to hell is the mark of a DOUCHEBAG, plain and simple, totally unable to respect others' beliefs.

mosquitobite
09-02-2011, 07:43 PM

As am I.

I just hate going to Perry threads and inevitably someone gets on the religion bashing bandwagon.

Use Matthew 6:5-8 on those threads. I don't care if you believe in the Bible or not. Many of his supporters do. Show them how he is JUST LIKE BUSH and break down how that is not going to solve our country's fiscal problems.

mosquitobite
09-02-2011, 07:45 PM
Good points.

My question about atheist Ron Paul supporters is why don't they offer the same amount of venom to the masses of secular leftists out there? Why don't you convert the vast majority of secularists who are overwhelmingly leftist with the same fervor as you would Christians?

There seems to be an overlooking of the vast majority of leftists who are secular atheists, and a particular venom shown to Christians who are not quite with us yet.

I get frustrated with the religious right as well.

But these tools who think they are going to "cure" someone of their faith and therefore they'll stop supporting Perry and switch to Paul... well good grief.

Or maybe they're too small to think about how THEIR ACTIONS appear to a broader audience.

Never forget you are not just debating one or two people on a thread - possibly THOUSANDS are reading your words.

Southron
09-02-2011, 07:52 PM
Yeah. It's definitely a bad idea to attack their religion and politics at the same time. Who wouldn't get defensive and shut out any argument in favor of RP?

Butchie
09-06-2011, 07:58 PM
I wouldn't quite say I'm an atheist but I agree with your point, I guess the only time I'll say anything at all about religion is if people are trying to say it should be used to enact law, that frightens me, I will not get into a fight with a religous person who does this but I certainly won't agree with that either.

acptulsa
09-06-2011, 08:03 PM
I don't think it's real Ron Paul supporters.

I think the atheists around here gave the official trolls ideas, and they took the strategy off of here and onto fb and other places. Would be nice to expose them, but...

They aren't smart enough to think of this one. But they're sure able to pull it off after we think of it for them. :rolleyes:

jmdrake
09-19-2011, 02:01 PM

That's true. Especially considering the fact that there is at least one atheist on youtube who hates Ron Paul.

See: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?314584-TheAmazingAtheist-does-another-video-bashing-Ron-Paul....

Andrewski
12-20-2011, 12:26 PM
I've had more of my Christians friends decide to support Ron Paul simply from his statement of Faith.
While this does not directly apply to the exact title of the thread, I've also had many non-Christians, many who are extremely critical of Christianity, also decide to support Ron Paul as a result of reading his statement of Faith.

"My faith is a deeply private issue to me, and I don’t speak on it in great detail during my speeches because I want to avoid any appearance of exploiting it for political gain."
This is by far the most endearing piece of his Statement of Faith, I share this as a Facebook status every few weeks - and have had many establishment GOP folks, non-Christians, Christian's, progressive, democrats, and many others agree, 'like' the status, or comment voicing their support, or that they're more interested in Ron Paul as a result of reading the above quote.

Ron Paul's integrity and honesty is what sticks out to a lot of people, and I think that his honesty does not end at his statement of Faith. That seems to me, the most effective tool in helping Christians to move towards endorsing Ron Paul.