PDA

View Full Version : Could Somebody Make Video Like This With a Ron Paul Modification

ProBlue33
09-02-2011, 03:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYKAbRK_wKA&feature=player_embedded

The only change is at the very end the Chinese Professor says "Of course in the 2012 election cycle Ron Paul ran for President trying to stop all this, but nobody would listen." The students all nod in agreement. Ad ends.

I think that would make a powerful Ad.

Chainspell
09-02-2011, 04:25 PM
yeah the end was funny then your smile just turns upside down seeing all of them laugh...

very powerful and well presented. I can for sure make that video edit:

at the very end the Chinese Professor says "Of course in the 2012 election cycle Ron Paul ran for President trying to stop all this, but nobody would listen." The students all nod in agreement. Ad ends.
very doable, but I wouldn't do it.. I don't want to provoke the wrath of whoever made it...

Chainspell
09-03-2011, 01:26 PM
I couldn't resist... Tell me what you guys think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2Uis-yMS7rI

Video is unlisted and watermarked

ProBlue33
09-03-2011, 02:10 PM
I couldn't resist... Tell me what you guys think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2Uis-yMS7rI

Video is unlisted and watermarked

That is awesome BUT the watermark plastered across the middle is highly distracting, can you still put it in but have it minimized at the bottom or just have it flash at the beginning and end, you did need it in there but it shouldn't overwhelm the entire video.

Edit
Wow re-watched it and saw you put Perry into the Ipad very slick. This could go viral.

Chainspell
09-03-2011, 02:48 PM
Yeah it's just a draft if anyone has any modifications. I'm removing the watermark on the final copy. :)

Chainspell
09-03-2011, 02:50 PM
That is awesome BUT the watermark plastered across the middle is highly distracting, can you still put it in but have it minimized at the bottom or just have it flash at the beginning and end, you did need it in there but it shouldn't overwhelm the entire video.

Edit
Wow re-watched it and saw you put Perry into the Ipad very slick. This could go viral.

haha I think thats the iPad 15G in the year 2030

ProBlue33
09-03-2011, 02:55 PM
I like they way you did it, the modification are very slight, but enough to punch the point home. Looking forward to final copy, that I will be re-posting to other sites.

Chainspell
09-03-2011, 03:02 PM
Well if there are no changes I'll render the final version when I get home.

RKoho
09-03-2011, 03:12 PM
It's well made but I can't say I like it. It's a little Alex Jonesy, by that I mean it has a tinge of fear mongering in it. If I were to just see this with Pauls name on it I wouldn't be any more likely to support Paul. Might even be turned off a bit by the sense of villainizing the Chinese. But who knows? I suppose it could help draw in certain people just keep in mind it may turn off some.

Chainspell
09-03-2011, 03:53 PM
Haha seriously that's what I thought too..i mostly wanted to just do the edit.
I can pretty much change the wordings on anything. You know how they have alot of spoofs of that hitler in his bunker.

So maybe we can have a script going that changes the mood of the video lol

Chainspell
09-04-2011, 09:18 AM
Okay did some changes to the text:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6QExTD0m38

toned down the ending, is that better now? also changed the wording to show rick perry as the wrong public official lol

the watermark is still there, thats not the final video

Tod
09-04-2011, 09:42 AM
Wow, man, you have some serious video editing talent there! May I ask what software you used?

I like it!

Thanks,

Tod

Chainspell
09-04-2011, 09:46 AM
Wow, man, you have some serious video editing talent there! May I ask what software you used?

I like it!

Thanks,

Tod

hehe thanks! i use adobe, after effects for the effects, and premiere for editing.

lol "so now they are never getting out of that mess" haha i tried to look for a one line joke about america where the students would laugh but cant find one.

agaiziunas
09-04-2011, 12:37 PM
Almost perfect, nice work!! a little crossfade on the audio just before the china flag goes up talking about how they own all our debt so it's not as 'jarring', and as for maybe the one-liner at the end..

"Of course we owned all their debt....":

.. "but all a Trillion dollars gets you these days is a cup of coffee & a Ron Paul sticker"
.. "but after inflation made it worthless we traded it for a Ron Paul t-shirt"
.. "but all those trillions and 5 Yuan gets you a cup of coffee & a Ron Paul t-shirt"
.. "at least all those worthless $100 bills make good toilet paper" (or firestarters, or paper lanterns, etc..)
.. "and although those dollars are now worthless, the good news is we just saved 15% on our car insurance"

just a few ideas.. ;-))

agaiziunas
09-04-2011, 12:49 PM
or... (and this works with the serious face at the end)

but now a trillion dollars won't even buy you a copy of Ron Paul's book....

To make the car insurance ending work you'd probably have to edit the "Of course we owned all their debt.." text to say something like "Although the trillions of debt we bought are now worthless, there's some good news..." (laugh and serious face) "I just saved 15% on my car insurance by calling GwaiCo"

Chainspell
09-04-2011, 01:02 PM
Yeah I was hoping no one would notice that abrupt up and down when the china flash goes up. It was because reuters no audio before that. But I'll fix it. Didn't know it was noticeable.

I really like threw toilet paper joke. Its short and simple to understand. I see what you were trying to do with your suggestions tho. The video should end with ron paul somehow.I'll try to work on that

agaiziunas
09-04-2011, 01:11 PM
Not complaining, I think it's great... just a bit of a perfectionist myself on post-production editing ;-) Maybe others didn't even notice the audio cut but that's fixed easily with either a crossfade or trying to cut in some audio from another portion to smooth the transition.

I think you're right on target. To keep it from being "Alex Jonesy" or demonizing China like previous posts suggested, I think a bit of self-deprecating humor or joke that makes the students laugh is what we need.. something with Ron Paul would be nice but not 100% necessary since he's in the ending with the RP2012 Logo and earlier in the video. FWIW my humble opinion thinks it should just be something where even though they bought all this debt, the joke's on them because it's now worthless... so whether it's toilet paper, Ron Paul book, saving 15% by calling GwaiCo or something along those lines, it takes all the sharp edges off the video that got it banned from TV and makes it more of a mournful loss of what we could have done to turn things around in 2012 for not just us but the whole world.

Chainspell
09-04-2011, 01:18 PM
or... (and this works with the serious face at the end)

but now a trillion dollars won't even buy you a copy of Ron Paul's book....

To make the car insurance ending work you'd probably have to edit the "Of course we owned all their debt.." text to say something like "Although the trillions of debt we bought are now worthless, there's some good news..." (laugh and serious face) "I just saved 15% on my car insurance by calling GwaiCo"

Haha that geico bit is hilarious I was laughing and my co worker asked my why I was so happy lol. But it really changes the whole ending and takes the economic problem away. But very funny

Chainspell
09-04-2011, 01:31 PM
Haha the original "now they work for us"is really spot on now that I think about it. After all the worlds money collapses because they re backed by the dollar.

ProBlue33
09-04-2011, 02:00 PM
I think the less changes the better honestly, the original Ad was very affective. I like what you did with Perry and the IPad the screen shots of Ron Paul on the big screen. The shot at the end, all good changes. And yes maybe it comes off as a little fear mongering, but maybe it's time people be more afraid of a economic collapse than terrorism.

Remember this ad is aimed at ALL fiscal conservatives red and blue reminding them of the horrible consequences if they don't elect people who are going to try to direct the proper coarse corrections to monetary policy.

Get this video up and finished and then post it with the national debt clock, in as many forums as possible.
http://www.usdebtclock.org/2015-current-rates.html
Where we will be if Obama stays in office in 2015 or we elect a GOP that wants to maintain the empire.

ShowMeLiberty
09-04-2011, 02:18 PM
Okay did some changes to the text:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6QExTD0m38

toned down the ending, is that better now? also changed the wording to show rick perry as the wrong public official lol

the watermark is still there, thats not the final video

+rep

I like it!!

Chainspell
09-04-2011, 03:27 PM
Okay great feedback. I really wanna it tomorrow.

What about:
"we owned all their debt..."
"they are never getting out of this mess."
He laughs
"Now their money is as good as toilet paper."
Students laugh

Chainspell
09-04-2011, 03:38 PM
There's some good comments on the video on youtube. More editing but I don't mind.

agaiziunas
09-04-2011, 11:22 PM
There will always be more comments from people but you can't please everyone... I'm sure you've read plenty, just stick with your gut instincts as they've been doing great :-)

Don't try to fit in every suggestion, short & snappy on the end to drive the point home and keep the amount of speech in proportion with the subtitles.

Just a few more ideas to consider, rearrange/combine, edit, whatever:

Toilet paper #1: "We knew US debt we were buying would one day be worthless" (speaker laughs, then serious face) "but using dollars as toilet paper was worth it" (students laugh)
Toilet paper #2: "We kept buying their dollars to help them fail" (speaker laughs, then serious face) "and now the world uses them as toilet paper" (students laugh)
Toilet paper #3: "We knew buying their dollars would help them collapse" (speaker laughs, then serious face) "but we now have toilet paper, even if it's green" (students laugh)

Darin
09-04-2011, 11:57 PM
Just a few ideas.

Instead of "massive changes to health care" maybe "government subsidies" - health care is polarizing. "corporate subsidies" *shows perry/obama/romney* "supported by both parties."

Also maybe it should read as if present day:

"Ron Paul is running for President of the United States in 2012. For 30 years he has warned of the problems facing their country. He is trying to stop the fall of the United States (or trying to save the United States)." "Because of their failure to listen, we are quickly becoming the world's largest superpower." *laughs* "And Ron Paul is the only person trying to save/restore America." or "And Ron Paul is the only one who stands in our way." *everyone laughs*

or

"They call him crazy and refuse to listen..." *laughs* "If they don't, soon we will be the world's largest superpower." *everyone laughs*

Anyway, the thing looks really cool, good job!

- Darin

Oddone
09-05-2011, 03:16 AM
Honestly, I liked the first edit that was done on the first page. Leave the very end like it was in the original AD. I like the added part about wrong officials but maybe make it, "electing corrupt public officials" Then change the Ron Paul sentence to something like this. " In 2012 Ron Paul ran for President, he had warned them for 30 years but no one listened."

Also maybe change the face of Abraham Lincoln to a picture of part of the Constitution.

Tinnuhana
09-05-2011, 06:49 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=U__GOJo3kY8

Here's the warmonger version. There's another with the speaker thanking the Tea Party.
What if you had the beginning of this and then did a Back To The Future thing with RP in a Delorean, then go back to 2030 and the guy is touting how great free trade with the US is and how we would have ended up just like the other failed empires if not for the election of Ron Paul.

Chainspell
09-05-2011, 11:13 AM
Wow those are some different ideas lol. I will look at it again when I get home

Ty!

ProBlue33
09-05-2011, 04:34 PM
Here is another one we can modify for Ron Paul

http://www.ntrc.info/doorbell.html

ProBlue33
09-08-2011, 10:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iPXY-m2iZ0&feature=player_embedded
Chainspell got the ball rolling and did an awesome job then somebody reedited back sort of. This was what I was looking for orginally and now it has been accomplished well done guys.

Chainspell
09-08-2011, 11:23 PM
lol the guy took off my name on the end, but he also took off the important disclaimer "Content in this video are the property of their respective owners".

it's fine tho, nice edit anyways :)