PDA

View Full Version : Fixing gov't is a matter of philosophy, not management: when did Dr. Paul say this?

Paul Fan
09-02-2011, 02:10 PM
I know I heard Dr. Paul say that fixing the debt problem and the out-of-control government is primarily a problem of political philosophy rather than a management issue.

Does anyone remember where/when he said this?

I have been searching on the internet without success.

jason43
09-02-2011, 02:52 PM
The changes that are needed can be reduced to a numbers problem. There are 60-70 Trillion unfunded liabilities in this country. Taxing cannot be raised enough to pay them. The only answer is to go down the list and start cutting at the easiest to get rid of, like wars, drug war, defense spending, discressionary spending, corporate welfare, and the list goes on. Allowing people to opt out of SS and Medicare and any other programs they choose not to participate in in order to reduce the burden.

The whole debate could be won by just looking at the numbers. Arguing about taxing the rich or fighting terrorism are irrelevent, because there isn't enough money to take and pay for this nonsense.

Paul Fan
09-03-2011, 05:08 AM
The point is that unless you have the right philosophy of government, as Dr. Paul does, no amount of management or executive experience will help you reform the government.

I would like to find this quote to help counter the claim by Perry and Romney that only a Governor or business CEO has the necessary management experience to be President.