PDA

View Full Version : V For Veterans or Victory For Veterans?

Ronpauljones
09-02-2011, 12:45 PM
I am in no way trying to step on any toes here. This is simply my way of saying this needs to be put up to a vote. Whoever decided to call the 11/11/11 moneybomb "V For Veterans" can surely decide to ignore this thread. I don't expect these poll results to be upheld as official, the person who decided to call it "V For Veterans" can hold their own poll. Though if enough people vote on this poll I think it can be argued that it was a legitimate group decision

My issue with this is that it still gives the media the opportunity to link it to Guy Fawkes and terrorism. Which will essentially mean having it on 11/11/11 is no better than 11/05. It takes away our advantage. "Victory For Veterans" has a much better ring to it and is much more media (and voter) friendly. We need to think about how this will effect Ron Paul. In my opinion this needs to be a well thought out collective decision. We always talk about how what we say and do effects our candidate. This has the potential to effect Ron greatly either negatively or positively. We need to do our best to make the decision that will help Dr. Paul the most.

So what should the name of the money bomb be?

V For Veterans or Victory For Veterans?

realtonygoodwin
09-02-2011, 12:49 PM
I prefer the "Support the Troops Moneybomb"

InTradePro
09-02-2011, 12:51 PM
How about either?

Both seem good to me.

bluesc
09-02-2011, 12:53 PM
Anything other than "V for Veterans". It was a terrible idea. You'll have anonymous, Guy Fawkes, and that film all linked to it.

"Anonymous backs Ron Paul to overthrow government"

Gotta remember that toxic anonymous endorsement.

Ronpauljones
09-02-2011, 01:00 PM
Anything other than "V for Veterans". It was a terrible idea. You'll have anonymous, Guy Fawkes, and that film all linked to it.

"Anonymous backs Ron Paul to overthrow government"

Gotta remember that toxic anonymous endorsement.

My thoughts exactly.

jason43
09-02-2011, 01:01 PM
Anything the morons on Fox and CNN can use to distract from the actual point is something they will sieze upon. I think the whole moneybomb thing is kinda tired. Just donate when you get a few extra bucks. I wish they'd just leave the counter up all the time, of course I guess that gives the other campaigns intel on his funding... whatever.

I'm a veteran, I think that it would be cool to call it Armistace Day money bomb, because that is what 11/11 is... the end of WWI and larger than that, a day of peace. This will also be the first Armistice day that there is no living combattant from WWI to remember it. It was supposed to be a day to commemorate the end of war. I love V is for Vendetta as much as anyone, but using it just makes us look like a bunch of kids.

Ronpauljones
09-02-2011, 01:02 PM
I prefer the "Support the Troops Moneybomb"

This is a good idea too. We can brainstorm ideas and come up with 3 or 4 good names and have a poll to decide.

jason43
09-02-2011, 01:12 PM
I'd even consider renaming the term "moneybomb" when the news media says that it makes it sound like we are "terrorists" or something. It has punch, but it subliminally undermines us. Having Anderson Cooper report that Ron Paul people are "bombing" anything is bad PR for non-supporters. The term moneybomb was directly referencing the first one on 11-5 because of the movie. We should come up with something else to call them. I get that "online findraising day" is lame, but there are lots of people on here, I'm sure we can come up with something better.

Ronpauljones
09-02-2011, 01:17 PM
Kinetic Monetary Action :D

jason43
09-02-2011, 01:24 PM
Ha! Do you see what I'm thinking though? We're playing in the big leagues now, and we need to think about all this stuff. Having Rons name around anything with 'bomb' in it, especially with his "weak on terror" bs criticism, is bad for the campaign. This is crap that gets focus grouped out of other more centralized campaigns, but since we the grassroots are the focus group, we need to police ourselves and think about every possible outcome from the things we do.

Ronpauljones
09-02-2011, 01:37 PM
Ha! Do you see what I'm thinking though? We're playing in the big leagues now, and we need to think about all this stuff. Having Rons name around anything with 'bomb' in it, especially with his "weak on terror" bs criticism, is bad for the campaign. This is crap that gets focus grouped out of other more centralized campaigns, but since we the grassroots are the focus group, we need to police ourselves and think about every possible outcome from the things we do.

I completely understand what you are saying and I agree with you. This isn't fun and games. This time it is BUSINESS and we need to act like it.

P.S. A combo of some of our current ideas would name 11/11/11 "Support The Troops Kinetic Monetary Action". So yeah we need to keep brainstorming. Lol.

ItsTime
09-02-2011, 01:43 PM
Either sounds good. V For Veterans = V For Victory? Some of you all need a history lesson that goes past 2006 LOL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V_sign#The_V_for_Victory_campaign_and_the_victory. 2Ffreedom_sign

linusPAULing
09-02-2011, 02:11 PM
Either sounds good. V For Veterans = V For Victory? Some of you all need a history lesson that goes past 2006 LOL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V_sign#The_V_for_Victory_campaign_and_the_victory. 2Ffreedom_sign

'V for Victory' money bomb on Veterans Day.... that has a ring to it.

Ronpauljones
09-02-2011, 03:26 PM
Bump

Ronpauljones
09-02-2011, 03:29 PM
"V For" anything still leaves us open to the media connecting it to Guy Fawkes, terrorism and Anon. Do you really want to hurt Ron's campaign?

HeyArchie
09-02-2011, 03:29 PM
Veteran's Day Moneybomb
Veterans for Victory

Can't think of anything cool.

harikaried
09-02-2011, 03:30 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V_sign#The_V_for_Victory_campaign_and_the_victory. 2Ffreedom_signUsing the V sign for peace would be quite relevant for the intent of the money bomb -- highlighting Ron Paul's position on peace.

Napoleon's Shadow
09-02-2011, 03:56 PM
No, don't associate "V" or Guy Fawkes, with Ron Paul please. That iconology has been usurped by some nefarious groups and will give Ron a bad image.

Ronpauljones
09-02-2011, 04:24 PM
Bump.

Ronpauljones
09-02-2011, 05:41 PM
Bump

Pizzo
09-02-2011, 05:48 PM
I'd even consider renaming the term "moneybomb" when the news media says that it makes it sound like we are "terrorists" or something. It has punch, but it subliminally undermines us. Having Anderson Cooper report that Ron Paul people are "bombing" anything is bad PR for non-supporters. The term moneybomb was directly referencing the first one on 11-5 because of the movie. We should come up with something else to call them. I get that "online findraising day" is lame, but there are lots of people on here, I'm sure we can come up with something better.

Veterans Day Quantatative Donating?

Ronpauljones
09-02-2011, 06:25 PM
Veterans Day Quantatative Donating?

Lol.

Ronpauljones
09-02-2011, 07:00 PM
bump

Icymudpuppy
09-02-2011, 07:07 PM
Anything the morons on Fox and CNN can use to distract from the actual point is something they will sieze upon. I think the whole moneybomb thing is kinda tired. Just donate when you get a few extra bucks. I wish they'd just leave the counter up all the time, of course I guess that gives the other campaigns intel on his funding... whatever.

I'm a veteran, I think that it would be cool to call it Armistace Day money bomb, because that is what 11/11 is... the end of WWI and larger than that, a day of peace. This will also be the first Armistice day that there is no living combattant from WWI to remember it. It was supposed to be a day to commemorate the end of war. I love V is for Vendetta as much as anyone, but using it just makes us look like a bunch of kids.

I second this.

Gage
09-02-2011, 07:11 PM
Neither.

Ronpauljones
09-02-2011, 07:14 PM
Neither.

What would you name it?

Ronpauljones
09-02-2011, 07:14 PM
Let's brainstorm some ideas.

ForLiberty2012
09-02-2011, 07:17 PM
I think it should simply be "Bring the troops home". I'm a veteran, but I don't think it should be "for Veterans". I think it should be for the ones that are serving now.... to bring them all home, which is what message I think Ron Paul would want to send.

Tarzan
09-02-2011, 09:33 PM

Maybe... Peace Day Money Bomb?
In Honor of our Veterans and to Bring them Home

The name and purpose (other than raising money for RP) could be really important. If we send a message about Honoring our Veterans and bringing them Home from War we might make some serious headway to the anti-war crowd... and, if handled properly, make further inroads in gaining more support from our current active duty military and vets.

There was an ad created for the Iowa Straw Poll campaign (sorry, I forgot who did it)... a juxtaposition of Veterans from previous eras against a contemporary image (like the one in that ad) could send a combined message. That we honor our vets... that we support the troops... that it is in all vets best interest to support the policies of Ron Paul.

Reaching out to a Wider Audience
This could be a real opportunity to spread RP and this money bomb beyond the current supporter base. A message targeting the above groups might get us some surprisingly good results in several areas outside the 'norm'.

Active Duty Personnel
Heck... we have enough time here (but need to hurry because lead time for periodicals can be high). Perhaps we could put together an advetisement to run in Stars & Stripes (http://www.stripes.com/customer-service/contact-us/advertise-with-us). An ad promoting the money bomb... while also stating RPs position on war, the military and foreign policy... and noting his military service (RP is a veteran). A Worldwide run is a little pricey... but, we don't necessarily have to run a full page ad... and, we could target a specific region (Europe, Pacific, Mid-East)... or, create an insert. They have several options available. Here is their pricing guide for reference (http://stripes.com/polopoly_fs/1.128115!/menu/standard/file/2011_Rates_General_LR.PDF)

but please... no V relationships or hints. It caused problems last time

Paul4Prez
09-02-2011, 10:32 PM
"Support the Troops" is better than either "V for Veterans" or "Victory for Veterans". Personally I prefer the Armistice Day Moneybomb, but I guess most people wouldn't get it.

And no, "money bomb" doesn't have a negative connotation. People can tell it's not a real bomb.