PDA

View Full Version : Tim Russert Excluding Ron Paul from his "Meet the Candidates" series

free.alive
11-04-2007, 04:04 PM
Digg this BS here:

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Tim_Russert_Excluding_Ron_Paul_from_His_Meet_the_C andidates_Series

Today I heard a great, relatively tough interview of Fred Thompson. He was given a lot of time and allowed to extrapolate in detail on his answers. This would be a great forum for Ron Paul. So we should write them and make sure Ron Paul gets invited.

Here's my letter:

"Mr. Russert,

I'm a long-time listener of yours. Today I listened, and heard you exclude Congressman Ron Paul from the list of candidates you will be interviewing. Shame on you. I generally like how you ask tough questions, and I think that Ron Paul, like him or not, deserves to address the tough questions you would ask of him. Shame on you. How could you deem a candidate who is clearly top-tier in all metrics except the extremely flawed polls and maintain you practice journalism without bias? No candidate, including next week's guest, Barak Obama, has spurred the sort of excitement that Ron Paul has. In fact, no candidate is overcoming as much as Ron Paul and winning over such a broad spectrum of people. The media love to cover presidential elections as though it were sport. Well, without a doubt, Ron Paul is proving to be a Cinderella story. Tim Russert, I shame you. However, I hope that you will kindly reconsider the mistake you are making. At this point, this listener will soon be an ex-listener, and with the internet and tools like digg, email, comments sections and various forums, I vow to spread the word of this poor decision in hopes that hearing this message from more than one person will cause you to reconsider, and if not, cause a dent in your ratings.

Extremely disappointed,

Pete_____________"

Thoe only trouble was that I experienced a "run-time error" when I sent it to the Meet the Press mailbox, so if this isn't fixed, we may need to pass around an alternate address.

Pete

bbachtung
11-04-2007, 04:08 PM
This is from May 2007.

Austin
11-04-2007, 04:09 PM
I tried to send a letter but I got an error....

EDIT: Well then, if it's from may it doesn't really matter.

Kap
11-04-2007, 04:22 PM
I'm sending a letter of protest too. If Tim Russert can have Stephen Colbert on there is NO REASON he can't have Ron Paul on as well.

Any chance of creating a sticky of networks/radios/news companies that we can start creating mass e-mails to get our message across? Or sending protest or boycott letters if they refuse to allow Ron Paul on?

I just think these networks are going to take us more seriously if we start pulling funds or sending letters of protest to advertisers.

I'm more than willing to start it and edit it. I don't feel I'm doing enough to spread the word. I'd just need sticky rights.

Kap

ronpaulyourmom
11-04-2007, 04:23 PM
Meanwhile he had McCain on like 3 times.

Primbs
11-04-2007, 04:25 PM
If we can just get Ron Paul on in December before the primaries that would be great.

aspiringconstitutionalist
11-04-2007, 04:34 PM
What's the address to send the letters to?

Kap
11-04-2007, 04:34 PM
This is the address:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6872152/

FireofLiberty
11-04-2007, 04:38 PM
Tim Russert also said on "The Daily Show" that "all candidates were invited on," which is BS. He went on to say many have refused basically because they don't want a tough interview. Well, Tim, that's what happens when you only invite the so-called "top tier" candidates on your show who have everything to lose and nothing to gain by coming on your show and don't invite people like Ron Paul on who can take a tough interview and will give you honest answers.

He also had Chris Dodd on. Chris Dodd! He's polling at 0% nationally and Ron Paul has far, far more money in the bank then him.

MsDoodahs
11-04-2007, 04:48 PM
I'm irritated at the mainstream at the moment.

Russert and his ilk are traitors.

evadmurd
11-04-2007, 04:50 PM
Unbelievable!
E-mail sent.

KoozieChaz
11-04-2007, 04:52 PM
I have always hated the mainstream media for just such reasons as these. It kind of makes me happier that they are sleeping on Ron Paul because when he comes out on top it will make the victory that much sweeter.

syborius
11-04-2007, 04:59 PM
I have always hated the mainstream media for just such reasons as these. It kind of makes me happier that they are sleeping on Ron Paul because when he comes out on top it will make the victory that much sweeter.

lil rus is the epitome of msm puppet television punditry. Solid gold phony. Can't imagine who still gives this fake any credibility. Where are your crutches lil rus??

aspiringconstitutionalist
11-04-2007, 05:04 PM
Email sent.

Thurston Howell III
11-04-2007, 05:15 PM
Look, you're not going to find any of these TV bobbleheads wanting discuss issues with Ron Paul. They don't understand the questions, let alone the answers. They don't want to look like a fool. They have to keep it elementry, frivilous to make themselves look good. Trust me, any of them would be lost in less than 5 minutes with Dr. Paul. They will never put themselves in that position, because the bottom line is, it's about them and their show, not the candidate. They are whores for the limelight, especially during the so-called debates. Face it, Paul would slam dunk those pee brains and they know it.

They're just scared, afraid to interview him. We should make big statement about Russert being afraid to interview Ron Paul, as well as anyone else who shuns him. C'mon let's start calling out their manhood.

Austin
11-04-2007, 05:19 PM
Guys, this is from May. Is it an ongoing piece or something?

Thurston Howell III
11-04-2007, 05:21 PM

I still stand by my statement :)

Margo37
11-04-2007, 05:24 PM
Also C-Span just had that Colbert on speaking in South Carolina on the Road to the White House series, doubt Dr Paul was on or there would be a thread here. Seems they are now going to devote 1.5 hours to Huckabee.............

Often Lockheed and such sponsor those programs but I'd like to see the list too if one is forthcoming.

MSM is going to be proven to be irrelevant very soon I hope.

walt
11-04-2007, 05:35 PM
I'm irritated at the mainstream at the moment.

Russert and his ilk are traitors.

at the moment? get your head out of your ass people, this is a war and they will never fight fair - all you flower throwing losers should pick up you weapons and rise up.

Please. :)

Kap
11-04-2007, 05:49 PM
at the moment? get your head out of your ass people, this is a war and they will never fight fair - all you flower throwing losers should pick up you weapons and rise up.

Please. :)

Nah, these companies only care about one thing: Money. E-mail protests only go so far. Now boycotts or complaining to the companies that buy advertising from MSN, Fox News, CBS etc. would cause them to lose money. (Or at the least get us some attention).

If they don't want to hear Ron Paul, then they don't need our money.

Kap

Stealth4
11-04-2007, 05:50 PM
email sent

cjhowe
11-04-2007, 05:53 PM

No, last week when Dodd was on Russert said that all of the major candidates had been invited and this week Russert said that Obama will be on next week and Romney and Giuliani had confirmed they would appear before the end of the year.

BillyDkid
11-04-2007, 05:54 PM
Digg this BS here:

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Tim_Russert_Excluding_Ron_Paul_from_His_Meet_the_C andidates_Series

Today I heard a great, relatively tough interview of Fred Thompson. He was given a lot of time and allowed to extrapolate in detail on his answers. This would be a great forum for Ron Paul. So we should write them and make sure Ron Paul gets invited.

Here's my letter:

"Mr. Russert,

I'm a long-time listener of yours. Today I listened, and heard you exclude Congressman Ron Paul from the list of candidates you will be interviewing. Shame on you. I generally like how you ask tough questions, and I think that Ron Paul, like him or not, deserves to address the tough questions you would ask of him. Shame on you. How could you deem a candidate who is clearly top-tier in all metrics except the extremely flawed polls and maintain you practice journalism without bias? No candidate, including next week's guest, Barak Obama, has spurred the sort of excitement that Ron Paul has. In fact, no candidate is overcoming as much as Ron Paul and winning over such a broad spectrum of people. The media love to cover presidential elections as though it were sport. Well, without a doubt, Ron Paul is proving to be a Cinderella story. Tim Russert, I shame you. However, I hope that you will kindly reconsider the mistake you are making. At this point, this listener will soon be an ex-listener, and with the internet and tools like digg, email, comments sections and various forums, I vow to spread the word of this poor decision in hopes that hearing this message from more than one person will cause you to reconsider, and if not, cause a dent in your ratings.

Extremely disappointed,

Pete_____________"

Thoe only trouble was that I experienced a "run-time error" when I sent it to the Meet the Press mailbox, so if this isn't fixed, we may need to pass around an alternate address.

Pete
Russert is a total tool. He always has been. I'm sure he has just as much contempt for Ron Paul as he had for Harry Browne. However, it would seem to me that Ron is a big enough celeb now that Russert might consider it. And ever a person as stupid as he is should know his ratings would skyrocket by having Ron Paul on. I'm sure all of 4 or 5 people tuned in because of their great interest in Fred Thomspson.

LibertyEagle
11-04-2007, 06:06 PM
Do we know that Dr. Paul has not been invited?

Regardless, it won't hurt to keep hammering him with email requests to interview Paul.

deedles
11-04-2007, 06:54 PM
I just think these networks are going to take us more seriously if we start pulling funds or sending letters of protest to advertisers.

Kap:eek:

That's what we have to start doing. Flooding the sponsors with protest emails and phone calls! ! !

That is the ticket.

bc2208
11-04-2007, 07:21 PM
Russert's son goes to my school.

lastnymleft
11-04-2007, 10:01 PM
Boycotts only work when the people doing the boycotting represent a sufficiently high proportion of a company's revenues. As much as we would like to think so, we are not there yet. Any protest boycott from us could easily be countered by even a small portion of the majority of their customers, to the point of even being beneficial to them.

Targeted emails/letters to their advertisers may be viable. We can probably be vocal to them, without much risk of such a campaign backfiring.

filmmaker58
11-04-2007, 10:16 PM
Russert is part of the problem. Yesterday his subject matter was how the internet is changing political campaigns, and he didn't even mention Ron Paul. This proves him to be either incredibly misinformed, an idiot, or part of a controlled media boycotting Ron Paul. Either way he does not deserve our viewership. I think we need to move our focus away from the MSM, and start beating the streets. I haven't gotten any, "but he can't win he's so low in the polls" remarks for a couple of weeks. People are fed up, and selling Ron Paul's message is like selling water to the incredibly parched. What we need to do is get them involved. Everyone must register republican, and vote for delegates. The MSM will come when we win the nomination.

That being said, I'm all for blasting their sponsors.

runderwo
11-04-2007, 10:57 PM
While he may be anti-Paul, I must say I think he really manhandled Fred Thompson today.