PDA

View Full Version : Ad Campaign for Seniors

The Gold Standard
09-02-2011, 10:21 AM
The two major areas that Dr. Paul's support wanes are in the South and with the 50+ group. I am trying to brainstorm the points that the campaign should make and then they should put out some ad spots targeting seniors. Here what I can think of, feel free to add more or comment:

Cut spending on foreign wars and bloated government to make sure Social Security and Medicare can be paid for without cutting benefits.

The other candidates won't cut those things, so they will have to eventually cut benefits.

Work to lower prices and increase standard of living by strengthening weak dollar through monetary and spending reform.

The other candidates like borrowing and printing money, so your benefits will never keep up with inflation.

IndianaPolitico
09-02-2011, 10:23 AM
Hit on that he never voted to spend 1 cent of medicare, or social security. Also pointing out that he is a doctor would REALLY help.

wgadget
09-02-2011, 10:45 AM
To be more specific, we need to target OLD, SOUTHERN, CONSERVATIVE MEN WHO ATTEND CHURCH. EEEK. They seem to be going for Perry, probably because he's being pushed so hard by the neocon talking radio heads. My guess is that Perry's days are numbered, as soon as all sides go after him, and after he has to open his mouth in a debate.

May be able to pry these people away from Perry with the word GLOBALIST.

FSP-Rebel
09-02-2011, 10:51 AM
The Fed keeping interest rates @ 0 depriving retirees of investment income on savings and cds.

wgadget
09-02-2011, 11:02 AM
I just remembered something....When I was talking to my father-in-law (who was over 70 at the time) about Ron Paul during the last election, he said, "OH. He's the one that wants to legalize DOPE."

So.

Brett85
09-02-2011, 11:28 AM
Medicare and Social Security don't have anything to do with why seniors won't support Ron. Rick Perry has said that Medicare and SS are unconstitutional power grabs that never should've been created, and he still gets widespread support from seniors. The reason why seniors won't support Ron is because he supports legalizing drugs. Older people are much more socially conservative than they are fiscally conservative. Ron has to try to frame that issue from a 10th amendment perspective rather than a legalization perspective.

wgadget
09-02-2011, 11:30 AM
Medicare and Social Security don't have anything to do with why seniors won't support Ron. Rick Perry has said that Medicare and SS are unconstitutional power grabs that never should've been created, and he still gets widespread support from seniors. The reason why seniors won't support Ron is because he supports legalizing drugs. Older people are much more socially conservative than they are fiscally conservative. Ron has to try to frame that issue from a 10th amendment perspective rather than a legalization perspective.

Like I said..Yep. THEY DON"T UNDERSTAND FREEDOM AND TRUE "RESPONSIBILITY" AND CHOICE.

The Gold Standard
09-02-2011, 11:34 AM
Ron Paul isn't trying to legalize drugs. He wants to eliminate federal laws regarding drugs, because it is a state issue, and trying to save the billions of dollars we waste on an ineffective "War on Drugs". If you repeal every federal law regarding drugs I would imagine most states already have laws making many of those drugs illegal.

wgadget
09-02-2011, 11:35 AM
Ron Paul isn't trying to legalize drugs. He wants to eliminate federal laws regarding drugs, because it is a state issue, and trying to save the billions of dollars we waste on an ineffective "War on Drugs". If you repeal every federal law regarding drugs I would imagine most states already have laws making many of those drugs illegal.

Well, this is what we need to point out to them. SPECIAL AD FOR OLDSTERS who are afraid of drug legalization?

James Madison
09-02-2011, 11:43 AM
The problem with a lot of seniors is that they were raised during the 40s and 50s, which means they were prime targets for WWII and Cold War propaganda campaigns. Unfortunately, they have been trained to view the US as the 'good guy' and to believe that anything the government says is gospel. We need to show them how the country they thought they loved is gone and how Ron Paul is the only one capable of bringing it back.

MJU1983
09-02-2011, 11:49 AM
The two major areas that Dr. Paul's support wanes are in the South and with the 50+ group. I am trying to brainstorm the points that the campaign should make and then they should put out some ad spots targeting seniors. Here what I can think of, feel free to add more or comment:

Cut spending on foreign wars and bloated government to make sure Social Security and Medicare can be paid for without cutting benefits.

The other candidates won't cut those things, so they will have to eventually cut benefits.

Work to lower prices and increase standard of living by strengthening weak dollar through monetary and spending reform.

The other candidates like borrowing and printing money, so your benefits will never keep up with inflation.

This video could apply to everyone except Dr. Paul:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bybOdn5-yD0

wgadget
09-02-2011, 12:09 PM
This PRO-NAFTA Perry statement could help in cutting off some of his support from the oldsters:

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=J7kLAAAAIBAJ&sjid=5VUDAAAAIBAJ&pg=1877,1167212&dq=rick+perry&hl=en

"NAFTA is the largest jobs stimulus packet to come along in this decade." ---Perry in 1993

wgadget
09-02-2011, 12:10 PM
The problem with a lot of seniors is that they were raised during the 40s and 50s, which means they were prime targets for WWII and Cold War propaganda campaigns. Unfortunately, they have been trained to view the US as the 'good guy' and to believe that anything the government says is gospel. We need to show them how the country they thought they loved is gone and how Ron Paul is the only one capable of bringing it back.

PLUS many are not Internet-savvy..They depend on the MSM for news. ACK.

Brett85
09-02-2011, 12:12 PM

That's what Ron needs to say, but he never frames the issue that way.

Razmear
09-02-2011, 12:17 PM
Paraphrase this:

But if you look at Ron Paul, he's got real solutions. They're hard ones. They're ones that will make us have to face hard things now so our children won't have to later.

It should resonate with the Senior crowd who worked hard so their kids didn't have to.
eb

jason43
09-02-2011, 12:35 PM
Gary Johnson frames the same issues in a way that they sound pragmatic while Paul argues them on philosophical grounds. Saying that the drug war has wasted trillions and enriched drug dealers should be enough to end the federal drug war debate. Throw in, should the states decide to continue the failed federal policy, they can do so as they wish and one for the liberals about the blatant racial and economic implications and its pretty much game over. Might take a while, but the more people hear it, the more they will listen. I dont even do drugs and I know that at a minimum the marijuana debate is just plain retarded.

jason43
09-02-2011, 12:50 PM
I'd like to see an ad that shows people in Weimar Germany pushing wheelbarrow loads of money to the store and says "Your $400 social security check wont matter when a loaf of bread costs $1000." "The spending recklessness in Washington, and the endless federal wars both domestic (shots of swat teams) and international (Shots of things blowing up in the sand) are leading to a breakdown of the monetary system (Bernanke, printing presses spitting money)" "Wall St bankers have run away with your retirement, and now they are ruining the purchasing power your Social Security because they cant stop spending" "Only one candidate diagnosed the disease and only one candidate can deliver the cure." (Shots of Paul, clips of predictions etc)

At least thats my idea maybe even work in rioting shots from London or other places. Fear of instability works with old people. Fear of uncertainty.

georgiaboy
09-02-2011, 12:58 PM
The seniors thing is really puzzling to me, especially since Ron is basically of that generation.

I'm hoping the campaign, as it's doing it's town hall and local meetings and stops listens attentively to the concerns of the seniors especially to gain insight.

The big emphasis I think should be on getting the Feds out of these arenas like drugs, etc., and emphasizing how this actually helps local communities by enabling them to enact their own laws as they see fit. Local control without an intervening fed trying to push San Francisco's or Washington DC's or Tuscaloosa's way of thinking on 'your way of life' ought to be a winning argument.

Ron can say regarding these things "it doesn't matter what I think. It shouldn't matter what DC thinks. What matters is what you in your local community thinks, and you should be the controllers of your own local society and its laws, not some overreaching federal gov't."

wgadget
09-02-2011, 12:59 PM
If someone's making an ad directed at seniors re drugs, make sure to put in the history of marijuana becoming illegal as presented in Ron's book "The Revolution." Can someone here paraphrase it? I just remember it was RIDICULOUS.

jason43
09-02-2011, 02:26 PM
It has to do with Mexicans getting white women stoned and doing the nasty with them. Thats the way they sold all drug laws at first. Opium was the same deal, change out chinese for mexican.