PDA

View Full Version : This Yahoo Messenger plugin keeps showing the amount raised, in your status message

pramodbiligiri
11-04-2007, 03:36 PM
Hi all,
I've written a Yahoo Messenger Plugin that shows how much money RP has raised in the current day, as your Yahoo Messenger status message (updates every minute). Wrote it in time for November 5th. Clicking on the message takes the user to ronpaul2008.com. Keep this on tomorrow and impress your friends with RP's fundraising prowess :)

Project page: Ron Paul Yahoo Status Message (http://code.google.com/p/ronpaul-yahoo-status/)
Downloads page: Downloads (http://code.google.com/p/ronpaul-yahoo-status/downloads/list)

Feedback appreciated. Feel free to take the code and add features to it. Mail me at pramodbiligiri AT gmail. Can someone create a 1-click installer?

Pramod Biligiri,
http://www.geocities.com/pramodbiligiri

Zarxrax
11-04-2007, 03:41 PM
Its actually probably not a great idea for people to use things like this, especially on Nov 5. With so many people donating, the servers are sure to be under a lot of stress, and running something like this that constantly reads data from the site can't help much.

Though I know people are going to be curious and wanna keep up to date on how much money is coming in tomorrow, better safe than sorry, I think.

pramodbiligiri
11-04-2007, 03:56 PM
Its actually probably not a great idea for people to use things like this, especially on Nov 5. With so many people donating...

This doesn't hit the Ron Paul servers. It uses the same source as the Firefox extension, which in turn depends on the Ron Paul Graphs site. So no overhead is added to the main RP site at all.

Of course I'll disable the download if any of the servers go down.

Zarxrax
11-04-2007, 04:55 PM
This doesn't hit the Ron Paul servers. It uses the same source as the Firefox extension, which in turn depends on the Ron Paul Graphs site. So no overhead is added to the main RP site at all.

Ah, thats good to know then.

werdd
11-04-2007, 04:58 PM

dont worry, no one uses yahoo messanger.

r3volution
11-04-2007, 05:29 PM
4) Login to Yahoo Messenger (if not already done), and change status message to Custom. (Messenger -> My Status -> Custom).
4) In the Yahoo Messenger menubar, open the "Action" menu and click on "Load Test Plug-in".

i dont see either of these options in my messenger ..

Seth M.
11-04-2007, 05:47 PM
Ever thought about creating a Yahoo widget?

pramodbiligiri
11-15-2007, 01:50 PM
4) Login to Yahoo Messenger (if not already done), and change status message to Custom. (Messenger -> My Status -> Custom).
4) In the Yahoo Messenger menubar, open the "Action" menu and click on "Load Test Plug-in".

i dont see either of these options in my messenger ..

Sorry for the late response.
Can you tell which version of Windows and which version of Yahoo Messenger you're using?

pramodbiligiri
11-15-2007, 01:52 PM
Ever thought about creating a Yahoo widget?

Seth M, that's a good idea. I'll do that if I can find time.