PDA

View Full Version : Who here is from Georgia? Let's organize and get these numbers up.

twister5400
09-02-2011, 01:15 AM
http://sos.georgia.gov/elections/election_results/2008_0205/00101.htm

this list has a complete breakdown of how many votes each person received in each county in the 2007 primaries.

take a look at your county.

For me, I am in Clarke County. I recently changed my precinct to Athens so that I can vote here and have more of an impact on this election.

Here is Clarke County's breakdown:
Giuliani 57 Huckabee 1849 Hunter 7 Keyes 12 McCain 2438 Paul 413 Romney 2176 Tancredo 2 Thompson 27

6,981 total votes. So, the question remains to be seen. Who will be left by the time Athens gets to vote? How many votes will give Ron Paul the win here? I would be very happy to find that my county went to Ron Paul.

My conclusion: The only way to ensure Ron Paul's victory, is to take the 2007 numbers, and act like it will be a two man race. 4000 votes and Ron Paul easily takes Clarke County. That is the goal for the amount of Ron Paul voters by election time.

How:
Step 1: I am starting my little plan for Athens. I will be starting a list of everyone that I know who is a Ron Paul supporter in my area. The goal is to get 4000 legitimate voters who are registered in this county. This town has a lot of college students, so I am going to get voter registration cards to have for anyone who is interested, but may not vote because their precinct is too far away. I will be helping anyone I can to get their voter stuff sent in, in order to vote in Athens. I am just a single person, but if I can grow my list to a hundred or more people, and a few others in my area do the same, we will be looking very good. The campaign in focusing heavily on new hampshire and iowa. This is what we need to be doing at the grassroots level in other states, so that when they do head our way, we can forward these lists on to the campaign.

Step 2: is finding any of your friends who are apothetic towards the system, democrat, interested in ending the drug war, etc., and letting them know how inspired you are. Believe me, I have tons of friends who will be voting for Ron Paul, just because they see my energy and how excited I am. And these people will be on my list. They will be the people that I call the days before the election. Not my hardcore supporters, but the people who I will personally be making sure end up at the polls.

I will be doing many things to help out, but personally, I will be compiling my list. I encourage others to do the same. I hope to start out with a team of five friends who will be helping to get their friends to agree to vote for ron paul. They can go out and find more folks to help generate these lists. In the end, I want to get one responsible person in charge of making sure that at least five irresponsible people actually make it to the poll. If we can get 200-300 or more responsible paul supporters in this county bringing their car full of folks, we can have a substantial effect on this race. Paul had 413 votes in this county in 2007. That number has grown. Not only that, but if we can find those 413, and get them to bring 5 people each... well, if we would have just done this in 2007, we would have come in first or second in the county. 7000 people voted... out of over 150,000 people in the county. we got this ya'll. everyone has to pick out their 5-10 people who don't give a shit, but will go with you just because you picked them up and took them. the main list i want to create is for the real supporters. And each of them will be needing to bring anyone that they can get.

I want Ron Paul to win, but he's not gonna win without the numbers. Let's get our lists together and see where we really stand. I've always heard that politics is local. It can't get any more local than with friends finding other friends who will vote and making sure that they get to the polls. Anyone have any criticisms?

I think that there is at least one person in each county in this country willing to start this. and they can each find a few more people to help them out.

Plus if this idea is any good, and we start getting some legit lists of people who are personally responsible for their folks, I think they will feel more involved and will actually work harder.

banks11
09-05-2011, 03:15 PM
Great initiative, good luck in your county.
There are some counties with so few voters one person could almost find enough voters to win that county (Taliaferro 44 votes won).
In the end delegates are attributed per districts won (3 x 14 = 42) and state (33), so even if you win a county you can loss a district.Just something to think about.

twister5400
09-06-2011, 01:11 AM
yeah i understand that. gonna get the districts sorted out to figure out the right amount of votes. do we have anyone from taliaferro around here that could pull together enough votes to win? i mean in areas like this, people could literally find 40 folks and drive them to the poll, then give them a six pack of beer and people would be jumping at the opportunity.

banks11
09-06-2011, 04:16 PM
Exactly what I was thinking, there are a few counties where that kind of strategy could work.Here are the counties where the winning candidate had about 100 or less votes :

Baker, Chattahoochee, Clay, Echols, Hancock, Quitman, Stewart, Webster + Taliaferro being the "easiest".

I'm in a meetup group called Cobb for RP and though I have yet to meet in person with them the organizer seems motivated and connected to some point, maybe talk with him about an idea / plan (http://meetup.cobb.ga4ronpaul.com/).

andrewdanner
09-07-2011, 10:42 PM
I have a friend in Athens who is wanting to get involved with the Ron Paul campaign. Shoot me a message at andrewdanner at gmail.com and i'll get you in touch with him. I also think starting a Meetup.com group would greatly help in organizing, and giving people a quick point of reference for getting together. The GA4ronpaul website lists all of the county/city meetup groups as well as facebook groups. Give those a look too and maybe include the ga4ronpaul website on any flyers or literature you pass out. Way to go! Ron Paul 2012!

Ether
09-13-2011, 10:41 AM
You Athens folks, come down to the monthly meeting of the Athens chapter of the Libertarian Party of GA. Plenty of Paul supporters there, should be a good place to scout for volunteers - and to join the LP movement as well. We meet the third Tues at the Blind Pig Tavern, here is the FB link.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Athens-GA-Libertarians/305374571789

Ether.

tmstclaire
12-07-2011, 11:32 AM
I just started a facebook for my Forsyth County. I can use your techniques when I gather some people on my page. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Forsyth-County-Georgians-for-Ron-Paul/148495105258463

Please send anyone this way that lives in Forsyth County.

LoneWolf
12-07-2011, 07:19 PM
Just started my Rabun County one. :D http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rabun-County-Georgians-for-Ron-Paul/231093033627918?v=wall

Revolution9
12-07-2011, 08:23 PM
Looking for folks in Fannin county. Would like to hand out brochures and bumper stickers to Christmas shoppers. Long haired musician type looking for conservative looking and senior citizens to round out the image;)

Rev9

foxtrotterz
12-19-2011, 08:17 PM
I am in Woodstock and work in the Perimeter area at 285 and 400. I would like to do something if my schedule allows. My wife owns a business in Birmingham, so we are traveling over there quite often. I also am involved in Project Appleseed and spend many weekends spreading the word of Liberty through that avenue. Regardless, I will keep my eyes open and try and help out with the group here when needed.

paulpwns
12-19-2011, 08:32 PM
Lots of RP people in Dunwoody

distortion
12-31-2011, 09:19 PM
I know at least 10 in Clayton County, and 4 in Henry County :) Also a few in Bethlehem, GA

All of these are family/friends that I have no doubt who they are voting for :) We all have signs, clothing, key chains from donating, lol.

Thanks

Mollyhays
01-08-2012, 01:54 PM
Hi everyone:
I'm a newbie on the forums and not very tech savvy. I would like to meet up with anyone from the Athens area and would be glad to help with any initiatives that are already in place. I would also like to know if the initial delegate meeting is on February 18th or February 11th...I have found conflicting info. Also, if anyone near me would be willing to give me a quick tutorial on these websites and how to upload things, I am a quick study. Thanks so much...hopefully I did this correctly.

Mollyhays
01-08-2012, 02:01 PM
Hi...I'm from Athens and think this is a great idea. I would be glad to help any way I can and have a few ideas about how to get the word out to people who typically vote for the MSM candidate, but would love Ron Paul if they actually had a chance to hear his message. Look forward to hearing from you!

gunjin22
01-13-2012, 11:22 AM
Hey, I live next to Bethlehem, send me your contacts on my http://Facebook.com/RobertAbraham
Thanks