PDA

View Full Version : Is everyone attending GOP meetings?

newmedia4ron
11-04-2007, 03:17 PM
We must attend these meetings if we want to win.
http://www.gop.com/States/

State GOP meetings
County GOP meetings
Township GOP meetings

Is anyone becoming a delegate?

Austin
11-04-2007, 03:19 PM
I would become a delegate, but I am only 17. I would almost be old enough by Indiana's delegate election*, but not quite. I'm going to talk to some of my older family members to see if they would be interested.

* I'm not sure if that is what it's officially called.

Lord Xar
11-04-2007, 03:21 PM
I brought this up a week or so ago.

THERE MANY GOP MEETUPS (meetup.com).... we should sign up and attend their meetings and talk about Ron Paul. I have found that in Los Angeles they are 'very' neoconnish, but that is because they are "believing" the MSM hype.

newmedia4ron
11-04-2007, 03:28 PM
I think it's great we recruit the I-never-voted-before people but if we want to get serious we need to start persuading the republican base.

If you read this
http://bhday.wordpress.com/2007/10/29/pitching-ron-paul/
we will be able to persuade these people towards Ron Paul.

Time is running out!

ksuguy
11-04-2007, 03:30 PM
I've been doing it.

newmedia4ron
11-04-2007, 03:41 PM
Thanks. I will start attending them. I hope the meetup groups are aware we MUST do this.

xerxesdarius
11-04-2007, 03:47 PM
I am going to my first on Nov. 12th. I will report what strategies work after.

ASayre
11-04-2007, 04:03 PM
Do you think it's good to reveal that you're a RP supporter at these or not?

Haven't attended one yet but I don't want to alienate myself from the start if it'll be detrimental

schmeisser
11-04-2007, 04:15 PM
Do you think it's good to reveal that you're a RP supporter at these or not?

Haven't attended one yet but I don't want to alienate myself from the start if it'll be detrimental

Not right away. Allow them to see how persuasive the RP supporters are that convert you over from being a Huckster :D

AMack
11-04-2007, 04:29 PM
Wasn't the belief that we need to be elected delegates in order to win rebuffed a few weeks ago?

VoteRonPaul2008
11-04-2007, 04:36 PM
Thanks I will start, anything for Dr. Paul

Ann Kobialka
11-04-2007, 04:46 PM
We have been attending our monthly meetings locally
Here they are very neocon, opening prayer full of god protect and guide Bush while he tries to kill all the people in the middle east kind of stuff. Really disturbing if your not into this rah rah we won wwII and now were gonna win this war.
They also seem sad, its my theory they are sad because all thier younger brothers and sisters are dying of old age. Don't know for sure just a theory. Ann

ChicagoLawyer
11-04-2007, 05:07 PM
Both if RP is to win, and if the RP freedom movement is to have any future if he doesn't, RP supporters HAVE to be attending GOP meetings. There is no hope in going third party (either by RP or anyone else) so working within the Republican Party for peace, freedom and prosperity is the only way to go. It's hard, I know, to be in a room full of warmongers, but many GOP members aren't neocons, and even some neocons will agree with us on limiting government at home.

Basically, it's change the GOP or give up altogether. As sad as that sounds. Believe me, I spent many years in the Libertarian Party, but third parties just can't win--ask Ron Paul! The only other alternative, the Democrats, are even worse.

manny
11-04-2007, 06:12 PM
Do remember they aren't bad guys for the most part.

When they're praying for the troops & America to be safe that's all good. There's no need to be defensive. In fact I think this is a "the best defence is a good attack" situation. Ron Paul is the most patriotic candidate running. Ron Paul is the most pro-Armed forces, by miles. He is the only one that wants to protect them. Rudy and Romney are going to get troops killed in unnecessary wars. What is patrioitc about that?! There's no need to fear, RP supporters should embrace the patriotic voters whole-heartedly; they've just been confused and lied to.

Those republicans who think it's in the country's best interests to support the war might at first seem a long way off but in reality they are actually the very ones Ron Paul stands the best chance with once they've realised the RP policies are the best for American soldiers. Point out he wants to secure the border. How he wanted a much more focused attempt to catch bin laden. How he was in the Air Force. How he will be saving the lives of American soldiers. It is an emotional stance but it is an emotional issue. It's unbelievable that Rudy & Co. have got people thinking they're the patriots when they're actively pursuing policies that will result in more dead americans. I say, take them on head to head. Never fear- Ron Paul is the most republican candidate and the most pro-military.

Bradley in DC
11-04-2007, 07:12 PM
We make them Meetup activities in DC with some success. They even started the last DC Republican Central Committee meeting recognizing us!

pcosmar
11-04-2007, 07:31 PM
I did go to the Local GOP meeting. The Chair and leadership is rabidly anti-Paul.
The Chairman posts rude comments on Ron Paul YouTubes. I had tried to contact him by E-mail but got very negative responses.
I have not been back.
I am promoting Ron Paul outside the GOP politics.

LizF
11-04-2007, 09:05 PM
I did go to the Local GOP meeting. The Chair and leadership is rabidly anti-Paul.
The Chairman posts rude comments on Ron Paul YouTubes. I had tried to contact him by E-mail but got very negative responses.
I have not been back.
I am promoting Ron Paul outside the GOP politics.

I understand how disheartening that can be, but don't let them win. In the future, make sure to bring in a bunch of RP supporters with you (can even have this be a Meetup event, as Bradley mentioned earlier) for a show of force / strength in numbers to absorb the bad vibes.

While I can understand and identify with the instinct to turn away from (or "flip the bird to") the neocons in the GOP, try to fight that, and instead look at this as an opportunity to try to take back the GOP--and, more importantly, your country.

While it's good to wear identifiable RP gear (pins & buttons) to these events, it may be good to have some folks who dont--for "stealth" effect / to disarm potential voters. I've sometimes found it's easier to get through to some of these folks by connecting with them as a "real" person first, and as a long-time Republican who shares most of their concerns about smaller govt, protecting our borders, etc. who also happens to be a RP supporter, rather than presenting myself first and foremost as a RP supporter. YMMV though.

me3
11-04-2007, 09:06 PM
Thanks Liz, great post.

CJLauderdale4
11-04-2007, 09:15 PM
I am down in Broward County, FL, and I have myslef and 2 other colleagues that will be attending our first meeting on Nov. 24th to eventually become Republican delegates of 3 separate precincts.

We must attend at least 3 meetings to be considered, so we'll be going to Nov., Dec., and Jan., and hopefully be considered prior to the Primary on Jan. 29th.

We've already decided NOT to force Ron Paul down the throats of the Broward Republicans from the start, yet simply show up as new Republicans coming over from other parties trying to make a difference.

It is sad that we must be stealthy to simply get a chance at being a delegate, but we must do what we can for Ron Paul.

LizF
11-04-2007, 09:24 PM
Thanks Liz, great post.

You're welcome! :)

I should also add, be sure to bring some RP campaign literature with you (Slim Jims and/or any other helpful lit--2nd amendment lit; pro-life stuff). Some of these GOP meetings have tables where they allow campaign representatives to place some of this info for potential voters. If such tables are not available, or if this is not encouraged, you may simply want to have some RP lit with you (kept discreetly in a folder or a handbag) for individuals you speak with who show an interest in RP and might want to follow up further.

torchbearer
11-04-2007, 09:30 PM
I find it hard to fit in at a GOP function since they all know me as the former vice-chair of the libertarian party of louisiana. These people have been my opponents for years...

steph3n
11-04-2007, 09:33 PM
I find it hard to fit in at a GOP function since they all know me as the former vice-chair of the libertarian party of louisiana. These people have been my opponents for years...

:D SURELY you have some friends?

Alabama Supporter
11-04-2007, 09:33 PM
We've been attending the local monthly Republican's breakfast. I've gone to the young republican's meeting and we have folks in the college Republicans.

All the "active" Republicans seem to be over 65 years old in our area.

me3
11-04-2007, 09:34 PM
Dude, you're running for Congress! They should love you!

torchbearer
11-04-2007, 09:36 PM
:D SURELY you have some friends?

Actually, I do have some friends(very few) in the GOP, they'd welcome me i'm sure, but at the same time, they get uneasy when they are around other GOP staffers when I am present. Not sure if they are 100% ready to share our association. There are GOPers in our state that know i'm right about our country, but don't want to buck the system that is ran by the neocons in our state.... They wouldn't have my back.

torchbearer
11-04-2007, 09:37 PM
Dude, you're running for Congress! They should love you!

I'm running against an Incumbent Neocon Republican (former democrat i might add).

spotics
11-04-2007, 09:46 PM
I've tried reaching out at the local level, but what I have discovered is the local party is run by elites who want to be on the side of power. When our state was more in the of a blue state in the 70s and 80s, many of these Republicans were Democrats and would probably be again if the Democrats were to be the main party in the state.

To counter this we've tried to reach out to college Republicans, we even offered to bring in Rand Paul (Ron Paul's son) for free to attend a meeting. However the college Republicans refused to allow him to come.

Syren123
11-04-2007, 09:57 PM
We must attend these meetings if we want to win.
http://www.gop.com/States/

State GOP meetings
County GOP meetings
Township GOP meetings
The Los Angeles County GOP meetings I attended were a neo-con nightmare of hellish proportions. Orange County, not so much. We've got folks making great strides with the OC central committee.

Is anyone becoming a delegate?Absolutely.

Syren123
11-04-2007, 10:00 PM
Actually, I do have some friends(very few) in the GOP, they'd welcome me i'm sure, but at the same time, they get uneasy when they are around other GOP staffers when I am present. Not sure if they are 100% ready to share our association. These are GOPers in our state that know i'm right about, but don't want to buck the system that is ran by the neocons in our state.... They wouldn't have my back.

Exactly! This is a perfect description of what goes on here in CA GOP neo-con country. I suspect it's this way everywhere at the moment.