PDA

View Full Version : I was invited to a Frank Luntz Focus Group

dntrpltt
09-01-2011, 05:28 PM
Dear D------,

Renowned pollster Frank Luntz is coming to Atlanta to moderate a nationally TELEVISED focus group session about political topics.

The group will take place on Thursday, September 8th. This is a TELEVISED group.

You will receive $100 AND the opportunity to give your opinion on National Television...it couldn't be easier.

Since this is a TELEVISED group we want to emphasize our desire to pick people who are eager to express their opinions, and participate.

If you DO NOT live in the Atlanta area but know someone that does, please share this email with them.

Take this survey

Sincerely,

Luntz Global

The survey asked me several questions, such as "How likely am I to vote for Obama" and "How do I usually vote (by party)."
There was also a question asking me who I would vote for in the Republican Primary, and my second choice, and my third choice. It followed with "If Chris Christie were to enter the race, where would he stand in your picks? (1,2,3?)"

I would have copied the questions, but it completely slipped my mind. I can, however, forward the email to other people which will give them their own survey link. If anyone is interested in participating in the focus group, or just want to take the survey, give me your email address and I'll get one out to you.

tremendoustie
09-01-2011, 05:31 PM
The survey asked me several questions, such as "How likely am I to vote for Obama" and "How do I usually vote (by party)."
There was also a question asking me who I would vote for in the Republican Primary, and my second choice, and my third choice. It followed with "If Chris Christie were to enter the race, where would he stand in your picks? (1,2,3?)"

I would have copied the questions, but it completely slipped my mind. I can, however, forward the email to other people which will give them their own survey link. If anyone is interested in participating in the focus group, or just want to take the survey, give me your email address and I'll get one out to you.

I think we should send this to every RP supporter in the Atlanta area :D

dntrpltt
09-01-2011, 05:32 PM
I think we should send this to every RP supporter in the Atlanta area :D

Sounds good to me! :D

Just send me the emails!

kah13176
09-01-2011, 05:33 PM
I hope you appeared pro-establishment and not pro-Ron Paul in your answers.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
09-01-2011, 05:34 PM
Tell them all to pick Romney, Perry or Bachmann so that they will be included and they can shock Fox when they raise their hands for Ron.

eduardo89
09-01-2011, 05:37 PM
Tell them all to pick Romney, Perry or Bachmann so that they will be included and they can shock Fox when they raise their hands for Ron.

Yes! Great Idea

Also, donate the $100 you get to the campaign and show Luntz the receipt :p

CaptUSA
09-01-2011, 05:39 PM
Perry would be the best... Fox really wants Perry.

Imagine blowing up Luntz's focus group with, "So you came in here as a Perry supporter. Who do you support now?" "The only one who makes any sense - RON PAUL!"

dntrpltt
09-01-2011, 05:39 PM
Perry would be the best... Fox really wants Perry.

Imagine blowing up Luntz's focus group with, "So you came in here as a Perry supporter. Who do you support now?" "The only one who makes any sense - RON PAUL!"

Does Luntz have a heart condition?

kah13176
09-01-2011, 05:40 PM
Does Luntz have a heart condition?

His heart isn't healthy enough for sexual activity.

brushfire
09-01-2011, 05:42 PM
They probably will not air the focus group live. I wonder how many of these things never see the airwaves, if the results are not favored by "management".

Just the same, good job getting in the group.

eduardo89
09-01-2011, 05:43 PM
His heart isn't healthy enough for sexual activity.Would he be getting any anyway?

ds21089
09-01-2011, 05:44 PM
His heart isn't healthy enough for sexual activity.

Don't think that's a problem for him anyway. I don't know who would want to be with such a slime bag, phony, biased, deranged freak such as Luntz. I think Snookie might even be too good for him....

Verrater
09-01-2011, 05:48 PM
If anyone gets in remember to bring a tape recorder.

devil21
09-01-2011, 05:48 PM
They probably will not air the focus group live. I wonder how many of these things never see the airwaves, if the results are not favored by "management".

Just the same, good job getting in the group.

Good call. I bet these focus groups are really the "try-outs" for the televised debate focus groups. Almost like jury selection. Can't have any infiltrators making their way onto the real debate show. For the amount of influence Luntz's debate focus groups carry, the selected members are probably provided transport and hotel.

brandon
09-01-2011, 05:53 PM
The groups are aired mostly live. I was in one of his focus groups for a democratic debate in 2008. If you have any questions of what to expect feel free to ask.

dntrpltt
09-01-2011, 05:53 PM
The groups are aired mostly live. I was in one of his focus groups for a democratic debate in 2008. If you have any questions of what to expect feel free to ask.

What can you expect? Lol like overall, what was the experience like?

One Last Battle!
09-01-2011, 05:54 PM
Say you support Perry first and Bachmann second.

Then when he asks, say "Well, I love Perry, but Paul just came off better"

Watch him shit bricks

brandon
09-01-2011, 05:58 PM
What can you expect? Lol like overall, what was the experience like?

You show up and have some free coffee or snacks or whatever and attempt to make small talk with the other group members and producers etc. Then you get into your seat and Luntz starts the focus group. The group was basically a long continuous discussion and certain parts of it were aired live and others weren't. He showed us some videos and had us rate them using his rating device thing that he generates the charts from.

Basically, if you are an outgoing well spoken person I think you will be able to get your opinion across if you control the situation. Luntz will try to center the conversation on pointless topics like "how do you feel about some gaffe candidate x made" and you will need to be able to twist it back around to focus on the more important things. If you have any social anxiety or are on the introverted side you might feel pretty uncomfortable.

turbobrain9
09-01-2011, 05:59 PM
I was selected and attended the last Frank Luntz focus group in DC...They paid me $100 for the time, which was about 3 hours. They do alot of different things while you are there...Frank is fairly laid back but can be a dickhead if he calls on you and you freeze...they edited my responses out of the live segment though...I met several Senators and House GOP COngresswomen...many people there were sympathic to the Ron Paul message but I never said Ron Paul once...I simply focused on the old-right platform of limited government and ending the wars...I think there were a few plants there for sure and many of the people told me that they attended these events before...so it seems they bring people they like back...fair? balanced? don't think so...I would attend it for the experience and the $100 bill...they are going to ask you a few questions when you arrive so be sure to say you are dissatified with Obama and the spending and that you watch FOX News and listen to RUSH and follow the issues pretty closely and that you voted for McCain...

oh if you want to get attention and get your response on TV, you have to just shout out a response, be loud, and be opinionated...basically they want someone who is going to demguage an issue...don't be timid otherwise, people will just cut you off or Frank won't call on you...

Austrian Econ Disciple
09-01-2011, 07:07 PM
Answer like the establishment wants you to -- the same shit you have to do if you want to get on the Establishment airwaves and challenge their views. You aren't getting on Hannity being for liberty, so you just have to Ninja-yourself on for example. :p

realtonygoodwin
09-01-2011, 07:50 PM
Could we move this to the super secret strategy forum, instead of out here in the open?

InTradePro
09-01-2011, 07:53 PM
Could we move
+1
Was thinking that for a while. Same occurs with a number of threads actually.

Chowder
09-01-2011, 07:54 PM
I signed up for one of Luntz's focus groups and they haven't contacted me since.

scrosnoe
09-01-2011, 07:58 PM
of course now they know because this thread is public...

CaptainAmerica
09-01-2011, 08:18 PM
Frank Luntz will just edit you out of the video