PDA

View Full Version : (9/1) Bruce Fein Fox News Interview [VIDEO]

Matt Collins
09-01-2011, 03:02 PM
Senior Adviser to the Ron Paul 2012 Campaign, Bruce Fein, was recently interviewed by Fox News about Ron Paul's candidacy:
http://video.foxnews.com/v/1139307030001/can-ron-paul-lead-the-2012-gop-field/?playlist_id=86858

Fermli
09-01-2011, 03:03 PM
thanks Matt

swissaustrian
09-01-2011, 03:18 PM
Was this actually aired on TV? The setup looks like it was a web broadcast..

bluesc
09-01-2011, 03:19 PM
Thanks for posting.

I can't believe some people are against having Bruce in the campaign. Not everyone involved is going to be 100% pure. Think Doug Wead. Yet both of these people are great assets for the campaign. They both have experience, and you can bet they both have connections.

I look forward to seeing more from him.

CaptainAmerica
09-01-2011, 03:21 PM
I don't trust Bruce Fein because he defended Reagans administration during the Iran-Contra scandal.Cheney and Fein worked together.Bruce Fein is credible when he speaks about the constitution and Ron Paul's chances as a candidate ,so this is a nice video but still don't trust the guy. After seeing the interview I am impressed with his articulate and clear message about Ron Paul's stances. Good interview overall

Bruno
09-01-2011, 03:27 PM
Good interview

AlexAmore
09-01-2011, 03:31 PM
It is amazing to see neocons get on the bandwagon. I think it helps. Like an above poster said, they have connections and obviously a strong base at their disposal.

The freedom message is strong. /starwars

Harald
09-01-2011, 03:41 PM
Stop the wars overseas, Stop the war on jobs! -- I like it.

cucucachu0000
09-01-2011, 03:53 PM
even this guy rambles on lol

JohnGalt23g
09-01-2011, 04:04 PM
Dynamite interview, Mr Fein.

Good hire.

Bruno
09-01-2011, 04:06 PM
even this guy rambles on lol

Birds of a feather

smartguy911
09-01-2011, 04:47 PM
Was this actually aired on TV? The setup looks like it was a web broadcast..

i don't think so

Napoleon's Shadow
09-01-2011, 04:48 PM
I don't trust Bruce Fein because he defended Reagans administration during the Iran-Contra scandal.Cheney and Fein worked together.And Doug Wead helped BOTH Bushs get elected. Do you not trust him either? :confused:

It is amazing to see neocons get on the bandwagon.Bruce and Doug are not neocons, they are former neocons. And honestly I tend to doubt their neocon credentials because I think deep down inside they sensed something was wrong.

Oddone
09-01-2011, 04:53 PM
While there is somthing about Bruce Feins voice I don't like, he did a very good job articulating the issues. He Sure does go on and on like Ron though haha!

Hmmm yea, was this aired on TV? I've never seen her before and the format is odd.

green73
09-01-2011, 04:56 PM
Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSTqHs_jylM

evadmurd
09-01-2011, 05:15 PM
Hmmm... I don’t think it is likely we'll ever see Ron or Bruce on the same stage. I think they're the same guy! Wouldn't be surprised to see a story on John Stewart's show! :D

boneyard bill
09-01-2011, 05:16 PM
I don't trust Bruce Fein because he defended Reagans administration during the Iran-Contra scandal.Cheney and Fein worked together.Bruce Fein is credible when he speaks about the constitution and Ron Paul's chances as a candidate ,so this is a nice video but still don't trust the guy. After seeing the interview I am impressed with his articulate and clear message about Ron Paul's stances. Good interview overall

He had to defend Reagan because that was his job. He's a lawyer after all. But he spoke at Ron Paul's alternative convention and endorsed Ron Paul in 2008. There were certainly more promising candidates for him to have supported back then so I think he is being sincere here.

Napoleon's Shadow
09-01-2011, 05:21 PM
I don't trust Bruce Fein because he defended Reagans administration during the Iran-Contra scandal.Cheney and Fein worked together.

He had to defend Reagan because that was his job. He's a lawyer after all.

Exactly, it's what lawyers do. But keep in mind that even John Adams defended the British soldiers after the Boston Massacre.

LibertyEagle
09-01-2011, 05:29 PM
Fein did a bang up job in that interview of restating Ron Paul's stances in terms that traditional conservatives will better understand.

It even needs to be boiled down further. But, this is a good start.

We really need people like this, in my opinion, who will sell Ron Paul's platform to the American people.

TheViper
09-01-2011, 06:08 PM
He seemed almost nervous at first but once he got going...he was firing on all cylinders.

Nice to see more means of gettign Dr. Pau's message out. The more poeple on the campaign that can speak the message clearly and accurately, the better. Dr. Paul can't be everwhere at once, so having secondary field generals helps greatly.

FreedomProsperityPeace
09-01-2011, 06:31 PM
Arthel Neville is annoying. Fein was giving direct answers with plenty of substance, and she kept reacting as if he was being evasive and vague.

ptruthp34
09-01-2011, 06:36 PM
I know there are some reservations about this guy Fein, but he did a really good job articulating a LOT of points in this interview.

It's nice to actually see an interview on Paul's policies that doesn't just cherry pick controversial questions that make his ideology seem extreme (FEMA, social security, dept. of education, gold standard). Those types of questions are complicated and can go over the heads of the casual viewer who is not interested in doing the serious intellectual work.

tmg19103
09-01-2011, 06:38 PM
Fein did great.

fox reporter was a condescending biatch.

CaptainAmerica
09-01-2011, 06:38 PM
And Doug Wead helped BOTH Bushs get elected. Do you not trust him either? :confused:

Bruce and Doug are not neocons, they are former neocons. And honestly I tend to doubt their neocon credentials because I think deep down inside they sensed something was wrong. I don't know much about Doug Wead other than he is a former neo-con. If Doug Wead is honestly in support of Ron Paul then he is good. Bruce Fein is very intelligent, no doubt about it he delivered a perfect interview in support of Ron Paul so I commend him for it. The thing that bothers me about Bruce Fein is that Bruce worked closely with Cheney to protect the Reagan administration and its involvement with the Iran-Contra scandal.There are some other rumors about Fein, but I won't get too jumpy about those rumors since thats all they seem to be.

Napoleon's Shadow
09-01-2011, 06:53 PM
The thing that bothers me about Bruce Fein is that Bruce worked closely with Cheney to protect the Reagan administration and its involvement with the Iran-Contra scandalAgain, how many decades ago was that?

Hasn't he been very critical of the Bush Administration since then? Yes of course!

Some people can come around believe it or not.

bluesc
09-01-2011, 06:59 PM
Again, how many decades ago was that?

Hasn't he been very critical of the Bush Administration since then? Yes of course!

Exactly. We are expecting many, many Republican voters to come around and vote for Ron, many of which have openly supported the wars, PATRIOT, ect. I don't see what is so absurd about one influential man coming round and joining the campaign.

If anything, Doug Wead and Bruce Fein joining the campaign is a good sign that it is entirely possible. They are both extremely smart people and I'm glad we have them.

KEEF
09-01-2011, 07:04 PM
I just didn't like the host rolling her eyes at the start of the interview when she mentioned RP. It almost seemed like during the prior commercial she got into a scrap with her producer about having to mention his name and then when it came time to actually reading it off of the prompter, and the producer yelling in her ear piece, she had to do it very painfully.

Captain Shays
09-01-2011, 07:22 PM
Sorry guys I have to disagree. He was asked to provide specifics and failed to provide them. Ron Paul has the same problem and it might just cost him the election. I love Dr Paul and consider him my hero. I have his picture (autographed) right by my desk right now but my complaint is that he spends way too much time telling everybody about what he won't do and not nearly enough time saying what he will do. Yeah yeah yeah lets stop policing the world. I think most Americans believe that. In fact that mentality predates apple pie and baseball. It goes back to our very foundings. No doubt. BUT. We also want to hear from the good doctor HOW he will keep us safe and many of the people who say "he has some good ideas" but then back away from full blown support want to hear what he WILL do. I do too. I want to hear him say that we will be much safer when we install a missile defense system and a civil defense system. That our navy would be much better used in protecting our own waters than the entire world. That we should arm our citizens to defend this country like Switzerland does. I want to hear SPECIFICS on HOW he WILL protect us and fix the economy. Yeah Dr Paul maybe a good sound bite here and there. You got me and the others but you need more to WIN the Republican nomination. Once we win that we WILL win the White House. I know that in my heart.

jason43
09-01-2011, 07:36 PM
Its not the presidents job to "protect us", its their job to protect the constitution.

If all Paul could do was to make an executive order ending the wars, get the patriot act repealed, issue an executive order legalizing gold and silver and balance the budget it would be a hell of a start.

Captain Shays
09-01-2011, 07:42 PM
I know that and you know that but my point is that the drones don't know that. They NEED to hear what Ron Pail WILL do. What's his plan. How does non interventionism actually work. He needs to be specific and educate people because most Americans don't want to police the world but we're fed every single day about all the threats. They just don't know because they don't read enough or something. I know i school I was fed the lines that most people believe. I was fed it in the media as most of us are but the whole idea of minding our own business is also so ingrained in our philosophy that in our hearts we really want it. I am just asking that the Dr insure the people that we will be safe and to educate them on how we will be safe from all these threats.

bolidew
09-01-2011, 08:14 PM
I am with you Captain Shays.
That's why I like the campaign is doing some town-hall style meetings instead of all those "insider" rallys. When he gets such specific questions more and more from the votes hopefully he will realize and improve somewhat.

LibertyEagle
09-01-2011, 08:20 PM
I know that and you know that but my point is that the drones don't know that. They NEED to hear what Ron Pail WILL do. What's his plan. How does non interventionism actually work. He needs to be specific and educate people because most Americans don't want to police the world but we're fed every single day about all the threats. They just don't know because they don't read enough or something. I know i school I was fed the lines that most people believe. I was fed it in the media as most of us are but the whole idea of minding our own business is also so ingrained in our philosophy that in our hearts we really want it. I am just asking that the Dr insure the people that we will be safe and to educate them on how we will be safe from all these threats.

Yup, I agree.

He gave an interview recently in which he did quite a bit of that. It was the best I've seen. I agree he needs to do this much, much more.

Mr Tansill
09-02-2011, 02:06 AM
Again, how many decades ago was that?

Example:

http://www.chasingthefrog.com/movie-villains/darth-vader/shawscene.jpg

Captain Shays
09-03-2011, 07:14 PM
I am with you Captain Shays.
That's why I like the campaign is doing some town-hall style meetings instead of all those "insider" rallys. When he gets such specific questions more and more from the votes hopefully he will realize and improve somewhat.

bolidew I also think it's up to us to educate as many people as we can but since we first need to win the GOP they are the ones who need to be educated first. They are the ones who buy the party line of policing the world like a Democrat under the guise of
"we're strong on defense"

Working Poor
09-03-2011, 07:38 PM
I woul rather have Newt Gingrich on the team than this guy...

wgadget
09-03-2011, 07:45 PM
Well, he DID want to impeach Bush and Cheney and Obama...

Criticizing Bush, Clinton and Obama

The George W. Bush administration's terrorist surveillance program which intercepted some communications without a warrant from the FISA court incensed him enough to propose censure or even impeachment of Bush.[8] He ridiculed Harriett Miers's Supreme Court nomination,[9] and was sharply criticical of then-U.S. Attorney General Alberto Gonzales.[10][11][12]

In March 2007,he founded the American Freedom Agenda with Bob Barr, David Keene and Richard Viguerie.[12][13] Notable published writings by Fein include articles advocating the impeachment of former U.S. presidents Bill Clinton and George W. Bush, and former U.S. Vice-President Dick Cheney.

On September 2, 2008, Fein addressed Ron Paul's "Rally For The Republic" in Minneapolis, offering a critique of the Bush administration's interventionist policy and advocating a more non-interventionist foreign policy. Fein also harshly criticized the anti-terror policies of the Bush White House, including wiretapping and detention of terror suspects. In April 2009, Fein criticized President Barack Obama for declining to prosecute Bush administration officials for composing CIA memos justifying torture during interrogations.[14]

In 2011, Fein proposed impeaching President Barack Obama in connection with the 2011 military intervention in Libya. [15][16]

Napoleon's Shadow
09-03-2011, 08:00 PM
I woul rather have Newt Gingrich on the team than this guy...Why? This makes no sense and is completely irrational.