PDA

View Full Version : Dec. 23rd Hard Money Bomb!

bmcosti
11-04-2007, 02:33 PM
Can we get the attention of the media, politicians, public, and the world to address the disaster of the Federal Reserve System and the inflation tax?

A new Ron Paul money bomb is needed for December 23rd, 2007. Ron Paul is the only politician in Washington D.C. that has taken a leadership position on the issue of inflation and fiat money. He is the champion of sound Constitutional money, that doesn't allow the central bankers to steal from lower and middle classes.

Here is the plan!

1. December 23rd, 2007 Ron Paul Sound Money Bomb. Goal of $1 Million, 10,000 donors, $100 donation each for the Ron Paul for President campaign.
2. Protest at all of the Federal Reserve Banks (12 Total) to bring awareness to the cause.
3. Creation of a Sound Money PAC to act politically to restore sound money to our country.
4. Mass donations to Charities that educate the public about sound money & Austrian Economics. Donations can be made to the Ludwig von Mises Institute and LewRockwell.com for those who have reached the $2,300 campaign contribution limit to Ron Paul’s campaign.
5. File a class action lawsuit against the Federal Reserve for a restoration of our Constitutional rights to sound money, and stop them from giving billions and billions of our money to private banks.

From the year 1800 to 1913, with a sound money system backed in gold, the value of the dollar actually INCREASED over 76%. What would cost you $100 in 1800 would only cost you $56.74 in 1913. A natural increase in the value of your money should go along side technological discoveries and productivity increases that make it easier for the citizens to create a larger bounty for the people. Prices naturally fell! Source http://www.lib.umich.edu/govdocs/historiccpi.html

In the Constitution it declares in Article I, Section 8, Clause 5 and Article I, Section 10, Clause 1, the Constitution adopts silver and gold coin exclusively as the money of the United States. We have long strayed from Constitutional money, and the citizens of the United States have paid an extreme financial punishment for the misdeeds of Congress and the Federal Reserve.

But on December 23rd, 1913 the Federal Reserve System was created via the Federal Reserve Act of December 23rd, 1913. Since 1913 the value of the dollar has had a tragic DECREASE in value of over 95%. What would cost you $100 in 1913 would now cost you over $2,000. Not only has the price reduction benefits of technological improvements and productivity increases been entirely wiped out, this economically destructive inflation tax has wiped out 19/20ths of the value of our dollar. Despite the many technological revolutions that we have gone through since then, the value of the dollar has plummeted drastically. The time and need for a restoration of a sound money supply in the U.S. has never been greater than now. Never before has there been a more important Presidential candidate for this cause than Dr. Ron Paul.

We need to put an end to this horrendous monetary system that degrades the value of the dollar and gives massive subsides to the banking system elites in this country. We need a President Ron Paul to do it!

Since 1913, each and every American faces a depreciation onslaught on the value of our hard earned dollars. We must stop this government caused tragedy now and prevent it from spreading to our future generations. We can have an America in which each and every person in our country can see a bright economic future, but only if we act now.

Help us get started by posting your ideas to make this a reality in this forum, on how we can accomplish this.

Man from La Mancha
11-04-2007, 02:36 PM
I sort of like the the Dec 16 Boston tea party bomb idea. How many bombs do you think can work and still make an impact?

csen
11-04-2007, 02:37 PM
I had circled this date as well. My only concern is it's on a Sunday and so close to Christmas -- plus I think the campaign needs the money sooner, so a date in early December would be better.

piotr1
11-04-2007, 02:41 PM
never make a smaller goal than the previous one. so whatever the new goal is make sure its bigger than what tomorrow does.

jgmaynard
11-04-2007, 03:11 PM
I've been floating the idea of a Boston Tea Party Day (which seems popular) with a total number of donors goal instead of a monetary goal. Something like 50,000 individual donors on a single day, unless the record is higher, which I doubt. The 1-2 punch would be great - "Ron Paul, who raised over three million dollars in a single day on November Fifth, received donations from over 50,000 people, a new record, yesterday in a Boston Tea Party inspired fundraising drive..."

Ohhhohhhhh! Maybe have the announcement of the BTP results in Boston, in a big press conference... More free publicity (in media outlets/on TV stations that get into NH)... :D

Just my $0.02 ($0.0147509984837 after taxes). :)

JM

walt
11-04-2007, 03:26 PM
how about focusing on these ideas ONE AT A TIME and then
LEARNING FROM THE MISTAKES before letting them multiply.

stevedasbach
11-04-2007, 03:51 PM
We need to stop creating these far into the future donation events. They encourage people to put off donating and reduce the campaign's momentum. Look at the growth in donations week to week the first three weeks of October and how donations shrank as Nov 5th approached.

This isn't a knock on the Nov 5th effort -- it's worth trying once to see if it brings out new donors and/or generates media attention. But it's just not going to have the same impact the second, third, fourth, etc. times.

We need to use the graphs and real-time feedback to build momentum, which means raising more money each week than the week before. Short-term fundraising goals are usually more effective than long-term ones.

The end-of-quarter effort raised $1.2 million in 7 days -- that's an average of $170,000 per day. The three-day radio ad effort raised $420,000 -- an average of $140,000 per day.

The Nov 5th campaign appears to have started around 10/18 -- it will have run about 18 days by the 5th. To average $140k-$170k for the 18 days, the effort would need to net $2.5-$3 million. If you subtract the money raised the $600-700k raised since the radio campaign ended, that leaves $1.8-$2.4 million to raise Nov 5th.

We should wait and see what happens tomorrow, what happens to donations Nov 6-10, and what happens Nov 11 before trying this again.

Karrl
11-04-2007, 04:44 PM
I agree Walt. I dont think more money bomb days means more money donated. Having several could just dilute their effectiveness and could interfere/dilute any online fundraising that the campaign might be planning.

While IMO the mostly spontaneous Nov 5th moneybomb will be very successful, the things that made it successful like its being the first, having a novel theme, will most likely not contribute as strongly to another moneybomb day. Not saying it isnt possible to take advantage of those things again. I think the success of the next one will depend more on reaching newbies. The marketing of it will need to be more encompassing, a multi-targeted, planned, co-ordinated effort.

Karrl
11-04-2007, 04:46 PM
Ditto....