PDA

View Full Version : General RJ HARRIS running for LP nomination

realtonygoodwin
08-31-2011, 10:30 PM
Per his Facebook.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UjMyZBBmbA&feature=youtu.be

My post:
Why? Why not support Paul or Johnson? Not trying to be rude, I just don't understand.

His reply:
Tony: I support all our Liberty Candidates and this Campaign is intended to do just that even more so. We cannot trust to the GOP to nominate our favorite and so we must take steps to insure that there is a Liberty Candidate ready to carry on no matter what the outcome is in the GOP primary. Ron will run his race in the GOP and I will run mine in the LP which will dramatically increase our chances of having a Liberty Candidate on the ballot in November of 2012.

trey4sports
08-31-2011, 10:35 PM
That makes sense. Ron is not a shoe-in for the GOP nod so we at least need to make sure that we have a liberty candidate in the LP. I mean, we want to make sure Eric Dondero isn't the LP nominee, right :p

P.S. I know Eric is not associated with the LP but my point is we want to make sure that the LP nominee is a real liberty candidate.

realtonygoodwin
08-31-2011, 10:42 PM
But wouldn't he possibly dilute the votes?

Johncjackson
09-01-2011, 12:19 PM

From Wayne Allen Root.

LibertyEagle
09-01-2011, 12:21 PM

Nah. I remember when he attacked Rand on The Daily Paul, trying to get people to donate to him instead of Rand.

He displayed his lack of character for all to see.

I wouldn't vote for RJ Harris for dog catcher.

Sola_Fide
09-01-2011, 12:24 PM
Nah. I remember when he attacked Rand on The Daily Paul, trying to get people to donate to him instead of Rand.

He displayed his lack of character for all to see.

I wouldn't vote for RJ Harris for dog catcher.

Did he really do that? Hmmmm. I remember reading some articles by RJ and really liking them.

RonPaulFanInGA
09-01-2011, 08:04 PM
Did he really do that? Hmmmm. I remember reading some articles by RJ and really liking them.

Yeah, Harris made a public post on Daily Paul attacking Rand Paul in late 2009 and basically asking for donations with it. Made absolutely no sense for a GOP primary candidate running for a U.S. House seat in Oklahoma to be going after a GOP primary candidate running for U.S. Senate in Kentucky.

Morerockin
09-01-2011, 09:10 PM

What votes? This loser won't even win the primaries

scrosnoe
09-01-2011, 09:47 PM
RJ Harris is a friend and I helped him in his recent Congressional race in Oklahoma CD04 against incumbent R bailout voter Tom Cole. I totally disagree with his strategy and tactics and have told him so personally; I asked and pleaded and advised him not to leave the Republican party for the Libertarian party. He did so anyway. It makes absolutely no political sense whatsoever as he lives in a closed primary state controlled by the Republican party. Clearly he is not listening to me though. I wish him well. He is bright and articulate and has served in our military faithfully. However, he has now set himself at odds with Ron Paul in the current primary setting running in an opposing party. He was already on difficult footing with Rand Paul based on matters discussed earlier in the thread.

I see no political future for him in the Republican party in Oklahoma unless he mends fences rather rapidly. Matt Pinnell our Republican party state chair has offered to talk to him if he is interested in pursuing/repairing his standing with Republicans here. I would like to see him come back and be a part of the team if he would want to do that and help us elect Ron Paul and other Republicans to office this cycle in Oklahoma. However, everyone must follow their calling and I wish him well, we may differ on strategy, but there are issues that we can definitely agree upon.