PDA

View Full Version : O'Reilly Factor tonight

KEEF
08-31-2011, 09:31 PM
Has anybody ever heard of the Quinnipiac University Poll??? I never had, is it even valid? I did some looking around for the poll and found it at hxxp://www.quinnipiac.edu/x1295.xml?ReleaseID=1639 Could be wrong, but it looks like they just pulled some poll done that shows Bachman beating Ron Paul and Faux's new favorite (Perry) with a substantial lead over second place Romney. The segment then went into talking about Bachman (a little) and then all about the two man race for the nomination.

Also, looking at Oreilly's graphic in his talking points, hxxp://www.foxnews.com/on-air/oreilly/index.html he had the poll numbers reading Perry 26%, Romney 20%, Bachman 12%, and Paul at 10% with a +/- of 2.9%. After reading the actual poll results that I found,
Among Republicans and independent voters leaning Republican, Perry gets 24 percent to Romney's 18 percent, former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin's 11 percent, Minnesota U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann's 10 percent, Texas U.S. Rep. Ron Paul's 9 percent and businessman Herman Cain's 5 percent. Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich gets 3 percent, while former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman, former Sen. Rick Santorum and Michigan U.S. Rep. Thaddeus McCotter get 1 percent each.

Oh stat guru's look at this, Fox's assessment on this seems to really inflate Perry's front runner status, while the rest of his talking points and the proceeding segment with Dick Morris speaks for itself.

Dr.3D
08-31-2011, 09:35 PM
And then the follow up showed Perry, Romney and Bachman again, leaving out Ron Paul. (only 2% difference between Bachman and Paul)

KEEF
08-31-2011, 09:38 PM
And then the follow up showed Perry, Romney and Bachman again, leaving out Ron Paul. (only 2% difference between Bachman and Paul)

Yeah I shut it off and so I missed the follow up.

Brett85
08-31-2011, 09:55 PM

They just showed the general election matchups against Obama. Quinnipiac didn't poll Ron against Obama, which is why Fox didn't include Ron in the follow up.

Dr.3D
08-31-2011, 10:06 PM
They just showed the general election matchups against Obama. Quinnipiac didn't poll Ron against Obama, which is why Fox didn't include Ron in the follow up.

Thanks... I didn't notice that. :)

realtonygoodwin
08-31-2011, 10:07 PM
The reason for the difference in the numbers isn't that they are inflating Rick Perry's numbers. The graphic shows the results without Palin.