08-31-2011, 11:15 PM
Credit the C.I.A.

dannno
08-31-2011, 11:19 PM
That's what I've been saying all along.

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2007/may2007/iran-m25.shtml

Petar
08-31-2011, 11:22 PM
I think that an Arab population full of dictators sitting on their heads, are the ones responsible for starting the "Arab Spring"...

I think that western intelligence organizations are just scrambling to guide the outcome at this point...

dannno
08-31-2011, 11:30 PM
I think that an Arab population full of dictators sitting on their heads, are the ones responsible for starting the "Arab Spring"...

Who is responsible for putting those dictators in place?

I think that western intelligence organizations are just scrambling to guide the outcome at this point...

They've been involved the entire time..

Petar
08-31-2011, 11:49 PM
Who is responsible for putting those dictators in place?

Yes Danno, Uncle Sam funds Arab dictatorships....this is a big part of the reason why I don't believe that Uncle Sam really wants the people in these areas to liberate themselves...

They've been involved the entire time..

Like I said Danno, I don't think that the major plan of the CIA, or the global intelligence community for that matter, was to have the people in these areas liberate themselves...I think that the major plan was to have the USA invade certain countries a-la the "war on terror"...granted, the uprisings have given NATO a pretense to bomb/invade/occupy on "peacekeeping/humanitarian" grounds, but like I said, I think that this is just NATO's way of trying to steer the course of something that really was not planned for...

dannno
08-31-2011, 11:51 PM
Like I said Danno, I don't think that the major plan of the CIA, or the global intelligence community for that matter, was to have the people in these areas liberate themselves...I think that the major plan was to have the USA invade certain countries a-la the "war on terror"...granted, the uprisings have given NATO a pretense to bomb/invade/occupy on "peacekeeping/humanitarian" grounds, but like I said, I think that this is just NATO's way of trying to steer the course of something that really was not planned for...

lol.. dude, c'mon, which Arabs have liberated themselves and which have destabilised the region to allow us the excuse of invading several countries there since?

Petar
09-01-2011, 12:04 AM
lol.. dude, c'mon, which Arabs have liberated themselves and which have destabilised the region to allow us the excuse of invading several countries there since?

Guess what, your two options aren't actually mutually exclusive, but nice try...

It's only natural for people who are living under a dictatorship to eventually revolt, and it's only natural for surrounding military empires (NATO) to then go and stick their noses where they don't belong...

It's not pretty, but it is the world that we live in...

dannno
09-01-2011, 12:06 AM
Guess what, your two options aren't actually mutually exclusive, but nice try...

It's only natural for people who are living under a dictatorship to eventually revolt, and it's only natural for surrounding military empires (NATO) to then go and stick their noses where they don't belong...

It's not pretty, but it is the world that we live in...

So can you answer the first question then?

Petar
09-01-2011, 12:18 AM
So can you answer the first question then?

Like I said Danno, the whole "Arab Spring" is primarily motivated by people who wish to liberate themselves from the rule of dictators...even if these people may often have a very weak idea of liberty themselves...NATO may be doing its best to (mis)direct the whole thing now, but I do not believe that this was part of the grand plan of the globalists...I really hope that these revolutions spread to Iran and China next...

dannno
09-01-2011, 12:28 AM
Like I said Danno, the whole "Arab Spring" is primarily motivated by people who wish to liberate themselves from the rule of dictators...even if these people may often have a very weak idea of liberty themselves...NATO may be doing its best to (mis)direct the whole thing now, but I do not believe that this was part of the grand plan of the globalists...I really hope that these revolutions spread to Iran and China next...

So you didn't read the link I posted?

Bush paid $75 million toward a regime change in Iran in 2007 that specifically included a lot of propaganda. That is what we saw, all that money was used to create the incident we already saw, and much more. The globalists probably setup a chip-in as well.

Fortunately for the Iranians, their government was able to contain the revolution to install another western dictator that the people were tricked into supporting using the propaganda paid for by the Bush Administration et al.

This has already happened many times before, they said they were going to do it, why don't you believe they did it? Just because the people deserve better leadership? What does that have to do with the first part? Nothing.

CaptainAmerica
09-01-2011, 01:06 AM
Credit the C.I.A. No doubt. I actually thought immediately that Egypt was just a testing zone for internet kill switch.Ironically, June of 2010 a bill was passed in the U.S. for internet kill switch in the hands of the president.Egypt was just a testing ground so that the CIA would know how to implement it without mistakes next time.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2365709,00.asp

Petar
09-01-2011, 01:06 AM
So you didn't read the link I posted?

Bush paid $75 million toward a regime change in Iran in 2007 that specifically included a lot of propaganda. That is what we saw, all that money was used to create the incident we already saw, and much more. The globalists probably setup a chip-in as well.

Fortunately for the Iranians, their government was able to contain the revolution to install another western dictator that the people were tricked into supporting using the propaganda paid for by the Bush Administration et al.

This has already happened many times before, they said they were going to do it, why don't you believe they did it? Just because the people deserve better leadership? What does that have to do with the first part? Nothing.

I don't doubt that Bush spent money on propaganda to promote a regime change in Iran, but that does not preclude actual intelligent Iranians from also wanting a regime change of their own (many did, and do).

Just because Arabs have a regime change, that does not mean that they will necessarily choose the puppet that has been picked for them by the west, which I think is the point that you are having difficulty grasping.

Bush's "War On Terror" encouraged regimes throughout the region to tighten their grip on their own people, and that is why the invasion/occupation was the worst enemy of those who seek freedom within the Arab world.

Nonetheless, Arab freedom-seekers are becoming more brave/successful, and even though NATO is doing its best to control the outcome, it's still a very beautiful thing to see happening.

Of course I realize that the whole thing can still totally go to shit, in a few ways no doubt, but at least it will be baby-steps I guess...

kpitcher
09-01-2011, 01:20 PM
This is the same guy that shot someone in the face and didn't even report it for a day. If it was anyone else at all there would be consequences. But a sitting #2 is different... so Cheney does have valuable insight towards dictators.

dannno
09-01-2011, 01:25 PM
I don't doubt that Bush spent money on propaganda to promote a regime change in Iran, but that does not preclude actual intelligent Iranians from also wanting a regime change of their own (many did, and do).

Just because Arabs have a regime change, that does not mean that they will necessarily choose the puppet that has been picked for them by the west, which I think is the point that you are having difficulty grasping.

I think what you're having difficulty grasping is that they almost did choose the puppet that had been picked for them..

Teaser Rate
09-01-2011, 01:52 PM
I think Cheney definitely has a point here. The dynamics of the region were a lot different while Saddam was in power than they are now. Having said that, I think Cheney's humble reluctance to accept credit for it is very wise. We shouldn't try to take credit for every good deed we do in the world, or else we'd come off as arrogant imperialists.

dannno
09-01-2011, 01:54 PM
I think Cheney definitely has a point here. The dynamics of the region were a lot different while Saddam was in power than they are now. Having said that, I think Cheney's humble reluctance to accept credit for it is very wise. We shouldn't try to take credit for every good deed we do in the world, or else we'd come off as arrogant imperialists.

I think we should take credit for all of the death and destruction we've caused and then stop doing it.

jmdrake
09-01-2011, 02:03 PM
Great find! I've been thinking this for some time. This helps us because conservatives on talk radio have been going on the "foreign interventionism under Obama bad, but under Bush good" meme for several weeks.

ExPatPaki
09-01-2011, 02:15 PM
Egypt is under a military dictatorship now. Yay for the Arab spring! :rolleyes:

jmdrake
09-01-2011, 02:32 PM

Right. We screwed up the dynamics of the region when we toppled Saddam. Michael Savage got it right. The overthrow of Saddam will go down in history as one of the worst foreign policy disasters of all time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ0Ndr3KoCQ

Petar
09-01-2011, 04:26 PM
I think what you're having difficulty grasping is that they almost did choose the puppet that had been picked for them..

Maybe so, I don't know, but that does not change the fact that there are legitimate reasons for people to revolt, and that is also at least a big part of what is going on...

CaptainAmerica
09-01-2011, 05:10 PM
Cheney definitely is behind alot of stuff still.