PDA

View Full Version : The Paulunteer: Serious organizational endeavor with great potential. Help needed.

Brian Bailey
11-04-2007, 01:43 PM
Hey everyone,

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I'll try to make it as short and sweet as possible.

After the modest success I had launching WWRPD.org, I've decided to take on a much more daunting task, albeit one with enormous potential.

I think it has become obvious to many of us, although it has not often been stated in so many words, that our movement is gaining so much momentum and becoming so popular that it is becoming unwieldy. There are so many of us now that we are losing our ability to organize ourselves efficiently. While it would be nice to simply let everyone run about doing their own things, the truth is that time is running out and we simply do not have the luxury to do this work without some serious grassroots organization.

To that end, I have started planting a seed and I hope that a good number of you will help me grow it.

I have registered a number of website domain names and purchased the hosting power for them. I've started by building the bare bones of the project, and now I need help.

The project is comprised of two basic parts: communication and organization.

I have described these parts here (http://www.paulunteer.com/?page_id=2).

The idea is simple. We need a way to let the grassroots know what is happening in the grassroots world, and we need a way to let the grassroots organize those events.

The official campaign newsletter is great, but there is a limit to its usefulness.

We need to have the ability to take the best ideas, advice, and inspiring stories from RonPaulForums.com and DailyPaul.com, as well as the multitude of other sites, and disburse them to supporters.

This is the role that The Paulunteer (http://www.paulunteer.com) will fill. We will staff it with some of our most respected online activists and use it to do a tremendous amount of good throughout our campaign.

Paulunteer.org (http://www.paulunteer.org) will attempt to take all of the great projects that we keep reading about on the forums and centralize them. No longer will they get looked over or bumped down the list into obscurity. We will compile them in one place and make them easily accessible to anyone who wants to learn about them.

So what do we need to do first?

As you can tell by looking at the page, the first thing that we need is a nice logo. I threw this banner together in a hurry with my limited skills in order to get the basic point across. I have some ideas for the finished product but I will give those suggestions at a later time to the people who volunteer to design it.

At the same time, we need to find volunteers who will be willing to spend some time taking the good information that they find on the net and posting it at the Paulunteer websites.

I ask you to consider the potential for this project and then give your thoughts and feedback. I feel strongly that the time has come for an effort such as this, and I sincerely hope that you will join me in forming what will be a pillar of our community.

Thanks,
Brian

schmeisser
11-04-2007, 01:47 PM
Great idea and one I have also been hoping would come out of this. We appear to be getting too fractured - a central point to gather around would be nice.

I'd really like to see a grassroots comprehensive email list/group that sends out an email every day with things to do. Sort of like the largest Simon Says game on the planet. Call Guiness!!

Brian Bailey
11-04-2007, 01:59 PM
Thanks!

P.S. everyone, even if you don't want to devote your time to this project I would really like to hear what you think about it.

DrNoZone
11-04-2007, 02:00 PM
Posticide.