PDA

View Full Version : Donate plasma on November 5th

OptionsTrader
11-04-2007, 01:33 PM
If you do not have cash to donate $100 tomorrow, then use a credit card and then donate blood plasma a few times.

Plasma can be used to help people in need, and you can use the $50 per plasma donation or whatever they pay these days to pay back your credit card.

OptionsTrader
11-04-2007, 01:33 PM
Find a donation center:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=donate+plasma

OptionsTrader
11-04-2007, 01:36 PM
In Houston Area:

http://www.thegreensheet.com/img/dispads/1889625.gif

honkywill
11-04-2007, 01:37 PM
if there was a plasma center around here I'd be maxed out on plasma donations.

piotr1
11-04-2007, 01:40 PM
wow. now thats hardcore! awesome.

jpa
11-04-2007, 01:45 PM
I used to give plasma twice a week in college for beer money. It was truly awesome because giving plasma lowers your tolerance, so I wouldn't buy as many drinks...

good times

OptionsTrader
11-04-2007, 01:45 PM
I'm serious.

If you don't have the cash, then charge it. Run up some debt on your lowest interest rate credit card, and pay it off by working extra hours, a garage sale, or donating plasma later. And donate another 100 on Veteran's day 11/11.

http://www.thegreensheet.com/img/dispads/1889625.gif

Hope
11-04-2007, 01:52 PM
Don't assume that credit cards are the magic answer for people who are poor. If you are so poor you cannot afford to give $100, the very last thing you should do is put on credit with the rainbows-and-hearts intentions of being able to pay it back.

If you can get to a donation center in your state, great. But don't put it on a credit card. You'd be shooting yourself in the foot.

OptionsTrader
11-04-2007, 01:55 PM
Don't assume that credit cards are the magic answer for people who are poor. If you are so poor you cannot afford to give $100, the very last thing you should do is put on credit with the rainbows-and-hearts intentions of being able to pay it back.

If you can get to a donation center in your state, great. But don't put it on a credit card. You'd be shooting yourself in the foot.

I completely disagree.

100 or 200 on a credit card can be worked off in less than a month working a few extra hours, and selling some crap you do not need. Or donating a few liters of plasma. As a one time charge, 100-200 bucks is simple to pay off if you do not have the cash on hand to donate tomorrow. You just have to be willing to do what it takes to pay off the bill quickly, and if you charge it and work it off in a few weeks, your balance is back to zero, no big deal if you are willing to get off your butt and mow a lawn, clean a pool, or do manual labor. Get you hands dirty for Ron Paul if you have to and get paid.

Hope
11-04-2007, 01:58 PM
If you could work a few more hours, sell some crap you don't need, or donate plasma -- why would you not do that in the FIRST PLACE?

Obviously if you cannot do it now, you cannot guarentee you will do it later so that you do not pay more in interest and late fees.

terlinguatx
11-04-2007, 02:01 PM

Man from La Mancha
11-04-2007, 02:01 PM
Better blood now than later in the defense of liberty.

OptionsTrader
11-04-2007, 02:02 PM
Revolutionaries of this this country's past were willing to do much more for liberty than charging 100 bucks to a credit card and working it off performing some manual labor or donating some plasma. Do whatever you want, but don't discredit the idea as a means for providing a boost tomorrow and garnering priceless media attention.

Lyn
11-04-2007, 02:07 PM
Also, not everyone is accepted at the time of donation. Many different things could disqualify you from being able to sell your plasma and then you still have to pay the credit card off. Best to make sure you have a definite way to fund the donation to Ron Paul. I don't think he would advocate going into debt for this. Try to find ways today that insure the money will be there. Such as work, selling items etc. By all means though try for the plasma $$ and donate it when it is cash in hand later. Donate money tomorrow that you actually have now.

OptionsTrader
11-04-2007, 02:12 PM
I don't think he would advocate going into debt for this. Try to find ways today that insure the money will be there.
Ron Paul would not expressly condone half of what the grassroots does, lol.

Do what you want. It's a free cou..no, nevermind, it is not.

werdd
11-04-2007, 02:14 PM
i tried donating plasma once, i got so sick. like the sickest ive ever been in my life, i didnt sleep at all that night. No plasma donating for me ;/

Energy
11-04-2007, 02:36 PM
And even if you can't pay off $100 in full in 30 days, pay what you can and pay the rest in 60 days. The small finance charge isn't going to kill you.

OptionsTrader
11-04-2007, 02:48 PM
If you cannot donate plasma or have a garage sale, canvass the neighborhood and offer:

"Excuse me sir (or maam), I donated $100 to Ron Paul, here is some information about him, and would like to clean your gutters, mow your lawn, and clean your pool to help pay back the donation for whatever you pay your lawn and garden service."