PDA

View Full Version : 3,000 Muslims have a small riot w/ cops in NY - Hijab hijinks!

tangent4ronpaul
08-31-2011, 03:51 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/blogpost/post/muslims-police-fight-at-new-york-theme-park-over-headscarf-ban/2011/08/31/gIQAsmWwrJ_blog.html

A New York amusement park was shut down Tuesday after local police scuffled with Muslim visitors upset over the park’s headscarf ban.

About 3,000 Muslims from New York City visited Rye Playland in Westchester County to celebrate Eid al-Fitr, the end of Ramadan. When they arrived, women wearing headscarves found they could not go on some of the rides, as all headgear is prohibited so that hats don’t fall onto the tracks.

When families lined up to get refunds, fights broke out and police arrived on the scene, the New York Daily News reports.

Fifteen visitors were arrested and two more were charged with felony assault. Several Muslim families said the police used excessive force and attacked women.

sevin
08-31-2011, 04:00 PM
You can't have any headgear because that crap can fall on the tracks and create a frickin hazard! Don't like it? Go to another amusement park or do drugs or something. sheesh

libertybrewcity
08-31-2011, 05:02 PM
http://www.breitbart.tv/sword-fight-breaks-out-at-sikh-temple/

Buchananite
08-31-2011, 05:04 PM
Those people have no right to put everbodies safety in jeaporady.

Not to mention, the property owners have the right to make the decision.

CaptainAmerica
08-31-2011, 05:05 PM
Then the property owners should also ban hats of all kinds otherwise its obvious targeting muslims.

Buchananite
08-31-2011, 05:07 PM
Then the property owners should also ban hats of all kinds otherwise its obvious targeting muslims.

"When they arrived, women wearing headscarves found they could not go on some of the rides, as all headgear is prohibited so that hats don’t fall onto the tracks."

Why people will go to lengths to defend Muslims is beyond me.

Bruno
08-31-2011, 05:08 PM

I think the point is that all headgear is banned. Missed that, I guess.

moderate libertarian
08-31-2011, 05:10 PM
"Several Muslim families said the police used excessive force and attacked women. "

Cops are actually trained not to use "excessive force" against civilians, this complaint makes little sense.

Ronulus
08-31-2011, 05:16 PM
"Several Muslim families said the police used excessive force and attacked women. "

Cops are actually trained not to use "excessive force" against civilians, this complaint makes little sense.

How often have you seen them restrain themselves though? They use excessive force quite often.

I'm sure there were people with ball caps on at the park. Otherwise the way the people presented the problem was racist or worded poorly?

Bruno
08-31-2011, 05:24 PM
How often have you seen them restrain themselves though? They use excessive force quite often.

I'm sure there were people with ball caps on at the park. Otherwise the way the people presented the problem was racist or worded poorly?

They weren't not admitted to the park, just asked to remove it for the ride. Many parks do that, and it sais they have a policy against headgear on the rides.

Nothing racist about it, from the sound of things.

angelatc
08-31-2011, 05:29 PM
The way I heard the story is that the Muslim group who coordinated the event was told about the headwear ban, but failed to pass the message along to their members. This was just a reaction to a lack of organization.

There's no good reason for the Muslims not to have chips on their shoulders, with Fox News beating the drums of genocide.

Bruno
08-31-2011, 05:37 PM
I don't doubt that the police overreacted in their zeal to beat up people.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
08-31-2011, 06:20 PM

Was that sarcastic? I see it constantly. They do it to us. Why wouldn't they do it to them?

Acala
08-31-2011, 07:23 PM

The private property owners should be able to ban what and whom ever they want for ANY reason - even ignorant-ass reasons like race, religion, and gender. Anyone who doesn't like it can go elsewhere. Freedom includes the freedom to be an asshole on your own property.

aGameOfThrones
08-31-2011, 08:21 PM

Hahahahaha, too funny.

speciallyblend
08-31-2011, 09:04 PM

you cannot wear hats on any rides!! this has nothing to do with muslims!!

Pericles
08-31-2011, 10:36 PM
The private property owners should be able to ban what and whom ever they want for ANY reason - even ignorant-ass reasons like race, religion, and gender. Anyone who doesn't like it can go elsewhere. Freedom includes the freedom to be an asshole on your own property.
http://www.youtube.com/embed/dUr1NxJDC94?rel=0

Anti Federalist
08-31-2011, 10:44 PM

ROFL...u r funny.

kylejack
08-31-2011, 10:48 PM
You can't have any headgear because that crap can fall on the tracks and create a frickin hazard! Don't like it? Go to another amusement park or do drugs or something. sheesh
It appears that they were just trying to get their money back.

kylejack
08-31-2011, 10:49 PM

Your post makes little sense. Maybe you've never seen cops use excessive force. Watch some Youtubes, or something.

oyarde
09-02-2011, 10:34 AM
I am still having a hard time picturing these gals wanting to ride a roller coaster . I hate those things :) . Was not there , and am sure they are not to wear stuff on the ride , and also sure the cops over reacted.

Ronpauljones
09-02-2011, 10:49 AM

It was a total ban. And the leader of the muslim group was reminded repeatedly of the rules in the days leading up to the event. Either he didnt properly convey them to the group or they chose to ignore them.