PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for U.N. class? Any way to help expouse the ideas of liberty

certaindeath4
08-31-2011, 02:49 PM
Hey errryone,

I'm taking a model UN class at my state college, and we have the option of going to the mock UN conference in NYC, and to actually use the UN chamber (not sure if I should get sick). Despite my political leanings, I still realize this is an incredible opportunity for my future career.

My real question consists of two parts:

1. Within the class, we get to choose individual countries to represent. We didn't have a choice of all UN countries, just about 40 from a selected list. My order of preference was 1. Iran 2. Pakistan 3. Egypt. Israel was an option, but I really wanted a nation that is under a lot of US pressure (ie Iran and Pak) so I could expose some of the hypocrisy displayed by the US. Do you guys have any ideas as it pertains to nuclear disarmament (our topic for this semester, ideal right? :) Obviously I'd argue for the Iran do determine their own destiny.

2. The 2nd part is the actual conference. I only go if I prove to be one of the elite students in the class (not worried), and this question is a lot more vague. Just looking for general ideas, tips, speaking advice, really anything you got. We will not know our country to represent collectively as a school, so I'm hoping it's someone interesting.

In liberty,

certaindeath4
08-31-2011, 06:30 PM
///