great interview.. broken up into 3 vids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au3UE8bip6k

Joey Fuller
08-31-2011, 01:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiNNsJSjabo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOeC0VGF7FY

PastaRocket848
08-31-2011, 01:18 PM
why does ron insist upon doing these fringe shows when he is right on the verge of being taken seriously? it's upsetting, at least to me after having watched ron go from zero to hero in 4 years. you'd think he'd be sticking to cnn/nbc/cbs and leaving the pp stuff in the past. if we're going to expect to be taken as anything other than a fringe candidacy, the forum selection has to reflect it.

great interview, though i'm sure it'll do more harm than good.

dannno
08-31-2011, 01:21 PM
why does ron insist upon doing these fringe shows when he is right on the verge of being taken seriously? it's upsetting, at least to me after having watched ron go from zero to hero in 4 years. you'd think he'd be sticking to cnn/nbc/cbs and leaving the pp stuff in the past. if we're going to expect to be taken as anything other than a fringe candidacy, the forum selection has to reflect it.

I don't think it is a legitimate concern, I think he gains more supporters from there than he loses as it isn't often or ever even mentioned in mainstream media that he goes on that show except for a place like Little Green Footballs, whose audience is lost and won't support him anyway. The mainstream media doesn't like to touch on Alex Jones too much, he's a big threat to them. You start telling people Ron Paul goes on that show, next thing you know everybody is waking up.

iamse7en
08-31-2011, 01:23 PM
Awesome. Thanks for posting this so soon. I missed it live. Alex Jones is growing on me. I don't buy everything he says, but he's unrelenting! He does good work.

Chieppa1
08-31-2011, 01:32 PM
Oh jeez, let the "Alex Jones is bad for Ron Paul" debate begin. I just look at it like this. Jones gave Paul an audience when no one else would. Paul just won't sell out and ignore him because he has integrity. Deal with it or go campaign for Gary Johnson.

NewRightLibertarian
08-31-2011, 01:41 PM
why does ron insist upon doing these fringe shows when he is right on the verge of being taken seriously?

He's been going onto the Alex Jones Show for over a decade now. I'm glad he doesn't throw long time supporters under the bus just because it would alleviate the nonsensical concerns of people like you

PastaRocket848
08-31-2011, 01:50 PM
they're not "nonsensical concerns". i find it funny that anyone would use that term in a response regarding alex jones: the king of nonsensical concerns lol.

seriously though it does damage. just today reading an article on huffpo there were atleast 3 or 4 comments saying basically: "i like ron paul, but it'd be nice if someone could make the case for his candidacy without sounding like a conspiracy theorist".

people don't get it. our #1 objective should be to overcome the "kook, fringe" label that he has, frankly, earned by going on these shows for the last decade. continuing to do so doesn't help.

NewRightLibertarian
08-31-2011, 01:53 PM
they're not "nonsensical concerns". i find it funny that anyone would use that term in a response regarding alex jones: the king of nonsensical concerns lol.

Alex Jones has all of the same political beliefs as Ron Paul and is generally concerned with the same issues FYI

seriously though it does damage. just today reading an article on huffpo there were atleast 3 or 4 comments saying basically: "i like ron paul, but it'd be nice if someone could make the case for his candidacy without sounding like a conspiracy theorist".

The beliefs of a few people on a comments section of a liberal website proves what exactly?

people don't get it. our #1 objective should be to overcome the "kook, fringe" label that he has, frankly, earned by going on these shows for the last decade. continuing to do so doesn't help.

That is bullshit that he's 'earned' this image. He is called those names because he is against the Federal Reserve, CIA, war machine, etc. The media spin seems to have worked on you, unfortunately.

Ronpauljones
08-31-2011, 02:04 PM

Wow. He goes somewhere where he actually gets a real, honest interview and you're upset because it's on a "fringe show".

The amount of Ron Paul supporters that are still asleep is downright APPALLING.

Ronpauljones
08-31-2011, 02:05 PM
I don't think it is a legitimate concern, I think he gains more supporters from there than he loses as it isn't often or ever even mentioned in mainstream media that he goes on that show except for a place like Little Green Footballs, whose audience is lost and won't support him anyway. The mainstream media doesn't like to touch on Alex Jones too much, he's a big threat to them. You start telling people Ron Paul goes on that show, next thing you know everybody is waking up.

^ This.

Lucille
08-31-2011, 02:09 PM
Re Alex Jones being bad for RP, Drudge links to him all the time.

Ronpauljones
08-31-2011, 02:09 PM

That is an incredibly ignorant statement.

Anti Federalist
08-31-2011, 02:16 PM
A list of the top 100 "conservative" websites, based on Alexa data earlier this year.

http://deathby1000papercuts.com/dbkpreport/2011/02/conservative-100-most-popular-conservative-websites-january-2011/

Alex Jones' InfoWars website, with an Alexa rankings of 1195, would be number four on that list, behind only Fox News, the WSJ and Drudge.

I think we can safely put the "fringe" meme to bed, once and for all.

A Son of Liberty
08-31-2011, 02:17 PM
First and foremost, Alex Jones is the face of the 9/11 Truth movement.

Expressing legitimate concerns about the what's, why's, and how's of 9/11 is perfectly reasonable. But - off the top of my head - doesn't Jones endorse and/or employ the dude(s) who made that awful "Loose Change" "documentary"?

I agree, Jones is a passionate, well-intentioned guy... but he can definitely be out there on a few things...

Ronpauljones
08-31-2011, 02:23 PM
A list of the top 100 "conservative" websites, based on Alexa data earlier this year.

http://deathby1000papercuts.com/dbkpreport/2011/02/conservative-100-most-popular-conservative-websites-january-2011/

Alex Jones' InfoWars website, with an Alexa rankings of 1195, would be number four on that list, behind only Fox News, the WSJ and Drudge.

I think we can safely put the "fringe" meme to bed, once and for all.

Yes we can. Big time. Alex Jones reaches MILLIONS of people.

Ronpauljones
08-31-2011, 02:30 PM
First and foremost, Alex Jones is the face of the 9/11 Truth movement.

Expressing legitimate concerns about the what's, why's, and how's of 9/11 is perfectly reasonable. But - off the top of my head - doesn't Jones endorse and/or employ the dude(s) who made that awful "Loose Change" "documentary"?

I agree, Jones is a passionate, well-intentioned guy... but he can definitely be out there on a few things...

1. Yes Alex is the face of the movement :D The official story is an incredibly blatant lie.

2. Yeah he can be out there on some things. Most of what he says that is "out there" to most people is either true or proven true later....so even though I agree with this based on a few examples I can think of I wouldn't be surprised to learn those end up being true.

Peace&Freedom
08-31-2011, 02:58 PM
Jones remains the one place where a real liberty advocate can get a 100% positive interview. His show easily outstrips the listeners of most of the cable news shows. He was a keynote speaker for the talk show industry's convention--hardly fringe. Thank God for Alex Jones. His 10-12 years of interviews with Paul gave Paul visibility and viability when no other media outlet would touch him.

anaconda
08-31-2011, 03:06 PM
Alex Jones will become more main stream. Just as Dr. Paul has. Alex simply will have a lag behind Ron.

Ronpauljones
08-31-2011, 03:14 PM
Jones remains the one place where a real liberty advocate can get a 100% positive interview. His show easily outstrips the listeners of most of the cable news shows. He was a keynote speaker for the talk show industry's convention--hardly fringe. Thank God for Alex Jones. His 10-12 years of interviews with Paul gave Paul visibility and viability when no other media outlet would touch him.

Amen.

Ronpauljones
08-31-2011, 03:16 PM
I agree with Alex that Ron needs to go on the offensive against Perry. Maybe not right now, but the time will come when Ron will need to go on the attack. He can't sit back and allow the media to cover up the dirt on Perry while Perry attacks him with lies and pretends to be him.

jmdrake
08-31-2011, 04:07 PM

+rep

jmdrake
08-31-2011, 04:07 PM
Re Alex Jones being bad for RP, Drudge links to him all the time.

+rep

purplechoe
08-31-2011, 04:26 PM
Without Alex Jones I doubt we would so far along with waking up the populace and Ron would have had a harder time to get his message across. I don't listen to Alex all the time and I'm not really a truther (I try to focus the message on the war, economics and civil liberties) but I think he plays an important role in the movement, he reaches out to millions of listeners all over the world...

Ronpauljones
08-31-2011, 04:38 PM
Without Alex Jones I doubt we would so far along with waking up the populace and Ron would have had a harder time to get his message across. I don't listen to Alex all the time and I'm not really a truther (I try to focus the message on the war, economics and civil liberties) but I think he plays an important role in the movement, he reaches out to millions of listeners all over the world...

+ rep

The Magic Hoof
08-31-2011, 06:07 PM
Ron said in the interview, 'Perry may walk away with all of it" =/