PDA

View Full Version : Disgusting power grab by the ILGOP

belian78
08-31-2011, 11:17 AM
I was given the heads up about this from one of my Chicago RP'ers, I'm literally sick at my stomach after reading this. The party insiders, if they enact this change, will essentially take every bit of decision making out of IL voters' hands when it comes to electing the president.

http://republicannewswatch.com/wp/?p=11214

A select group of insiders, (who aren't elected mind you) will have the say who will be delegates/alternates to the RNC. I'm looking to see any news on any decisions made, but so far I haven't came across anything. This is the establishment shutting out the voters, plain and simple.

Travlyr
08-31-2011, 11:23 AM
Can you blame them? It is the only way to keep Ron Paul out of the White House. Chicago politics.

tsai3904
08-31-2011, 11:33 AM
The State Central Committeemen, who will be choosing delegates to the RNC per the proposals, are elected by Precinct Committeemen. We need supporters to sign up as Precinct Committeemen to become the establishment.

belian78
08-31-2011, 11:38 AM
The State Central Committeemen, who will be choosing delegates to the RNC per the proposals, are elected by Precinct Committeemen. We need supporters sign up as Precinct Committeemen to become the establishment.

While being true, it still does not change the fact that this is wrong. Yes, we are political junkies, however people should not have to be watching as close as we are in order to have a say in electing the president. The average person wants to research a candidate and then make their decision, they shouldn't have to live state politics to make sure oily establishment types don't rip their collective vote away.

tsai3904
08-31-2011, 11:49 AM
While being true, it still does not change the fact that this is wrong. Yes, we are political junkies, however people should not have to be watching as close as we are in order to have a say in electing the president. The average person wants to research a candidate and then make their decision, they shouldn't have to live state politics to make sure oily establishment types don't rip their collective vote away.

Understood.

If you want to become a Precinct Committeeman for a two year term beginning in 2012, the process begins September 6, 2011.

Read this for more information:

http://republicannewswatch.com/wp/?p=755

AdamT
08-31-2011, 11:51 AM
IL will looks pretty silly when every other state sends RP delegates to the convention.

belian78
09-01-2011, 07:48 AM
Well, one good thing is that my county looks to have just a couple comitteemen who are Paul supporters. Looks like if I want to be a comitteeman, I pretty much just have to fill out the paperwork.

Looks like I need to get some people motivated to get involved with me.

tsai3904
09-06-2011, 08:46 PM
http://frontloading.blogspot.com/2011/09/illinois-republicans-stick-with.html

Power grab was voted down today. Delegates will still be elected by voters instead of being hand picked by the State Central Committee. This means that in order to be a delegate you will have to gather hundreds of signatures and win a campaign in an entire Congressional District.

If you plan on running as a delegate, you might as well also run for Precinct Committeeman.