PDA

View Full Version : Central Arkansas Report

zakkubin
08-31-2011, 09:22 AM
Arkansas for Ron Paul 2012 meetup.com site is picking up members at a decent rate. We had 20 people show up to our first meeting in the Central Arkansas Library. This group had over 50 in 2008 so I expect as the election heats up we'll have at least double that. We have reserved locations for booths at gun shows and organized sign waving/literature handout/ member sign up events at the upcoming traveler ( baseball ) and razorback football games. All the tough work is done we just need more volunteers.

Conway- Young Republicans is up and running for sort of a broad net of smaller gov. thinkers and has a lot of support from the local and state GOP + candidates running and those in office now. We also have good relations with the local tea party who is a strong force locally of around 100 members that show up to monthly meetings.

I'm starting Youth for Ron Paul to pulls students from all universities ( we have 3 in Conway ) and parties. We'll continue to work with the Young GOP especially in areas such as public debates and voter drives.

We have members attending or planing to attend Lonoke and Pulaski county GOP meetings. We need more people to do this especially in Faulkner county.

So there you go. Get involved.

facebook: Youth for Ron Paul-UCA / College Republicans-UCA Arkansas for Ron Paul ( main fb page where meetup.com events are also located )
Meetup.com: Arkansas for Ron Paul

PM for any questions or suggestions.

Crickett
09-01-2011, 05:55 PM
Glad to see some action in this state. I did the gop thing last time, but have no stomach for it this time. :(