PDA

View Full Version : New Poll-Ron in 5th with 9%

Brett85
08-31-2011, 06:53 AM
http://www.quinnipiac.edu/x1295.xml?ReleaseID=1639

Brett85
08-31-2011, 06:53 AM
This is at least slightly better than the CNN and PPP polls.

Agorism
08-31-2011, 06:56 AM
Wednesday is poll day. Probably be some more today.

erowe1
08-31-2011, 06:56 AM
He's only 5th if you count "don't know" as a candidate, unless I missed something.

Excluding "don't know," he's statistically tied with Bachmann for third, and the distance between him and first place is less than it would be without Perry in it.

It looks like a pretty realistic number to me.

Edit: I missed Palin in there. He's still statistically tied for third with both Palin and Bachmann. But he is technically 5th.

Brett85
08-31-2011, 07:02 AM
He's only 5th if you count "don't know" as a candidate, unless I missed something.

Excluding "don't know," he's statistically tied with Bachmann for third, and the distance between him and first place is less than it would be without Perry in it.

It looks like a pretty realistic number to me.

He's 4th among announced candidates. With Palin in the race he's 5th. Without Palin in the race, Ron goes up to 10%.

bluesc
08-31-2011, 07:44 AM
I'm fairly happy with these numbers.

The 55+ vote is clearly (still) the priority.

tremendoustie
08-31-2011, 07:51 AM
Yeah, this isn't bad at all. Basically a tie for third. I think he's got to consistently score around or above 10% at this point. Then we'll work on 15%. If he gets to 20%, he's likely to win.

RonPaul101.com
08-31-2011, 08:52 AM
Some very interesting info in this poll:

1. Notice the major downtick based on education level of Palin/Bachmann supporters. When moving from "No College Degree" to "College Degree" their numbers drop roughly in half. Apparently America agrees these two would not be an "educated" choice, generally speaking.

2. Of all the top tier candidates only Perry and Paul have increased their polling percentages since the last poll, and this is the first poll where Perry is actually running, so for him it should be expected. That is proof that Ron Paul's campaign is gaining steady momentum.

I hope by new year the focus will be down to "Establishment Bush-a-likes" (Perry/Romney) versus "A New Direction" (Ron Paul) and that the other noise (Santorum, Huntsman, etc.,.) will have left the field.

limequat
08-31-2011, 09:06 AM
They didn't do a head to head w/Obama for Paul? Damn, that could've changed everything.

VictorB
08-31-2011, 10:36 AM
If I see one more poll that has included people who are not running for president, I'm going to have a heart attack. How hard is it to omit people that are not running, and then just issue new polls if/when they declare?

RileyE104
08-31-2011, 11:05 AM
He's 4th and only ONE% away from tying Bachmann for third if you only count declared candidates... I hate when they always include someone like Palin/Trump/Goo-liani and then act like Paul is low on the list. NO, assholes, Paul is literally tied for third place.

Avalon
08-31-2011, 11:14 AM
If I see one more poll that has included people who are not running for president, I'm going to have a heart attack. How hard is it to omit people that are not running, and then just issue new polls if/when they declare? It can be as much of a good thing as a bad thing. If Palin wasn't in we likely would have been 4th. But Palin probably stole more votes from Bachmann than us. Unfortunately both ended up with slightly more, but next time it'll hopefully be enough to put us in third.

KingRobbStark
08-31-2011, 11:15 AM
The numbers are not great, but neither are they bad. These numbers are an indication that we should shift our activism gears into a higher level.

kazmlsj
08-31-2011, 12:09 PM
Why do they not mention the Obama-Paul match-up?

Pollsters have agendas - I do not put much stock in any of these numbers.
Nobody has ever asked me who I would support...

parocks
08-31-2011, 12:50 PM
I'm fairly happy with these numbers.

The 55+ vote is clearly (still) the priority.

"the priority" in what way?

We're tied with the lead with 18-34.

bluesc
08-31-2011, 12:56 PM
"the priority" in what way?

We're tied with the lead with 18-34.

That age group alone will never win the primary.

Maximus
08-31-2011, 12:58 PM
Quinnipiac has never been great to us (or Schiff), I'll take it. I can't believe they polled with Palin.

ProBlue33
08-31-2011, 01:00 PM
These polls that include undeclared candidates are useless, these people have no real funding and they are not organized like the declared people.
Misinformation designed to obfuscate the reality, this is a three-way race between Paul, Romney & Perry.

parocks
08-31-2011, 01:08 PM
That age group alone will never win the primary.

I doubt we'll get 0% of any age group.

bluesc
08-31-2011, 01:10 PM
I doubt we'll get 0% of any age group.

Have you seen how we are polling with seniors right now?

MarcNY
08-31-2011, 01:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HXfTkyXprg

Badger Paul
08-31-2011, 01:25 PM
"Yeah, this isn't bad at all. Basically a tie for third. I think he's got to consistently score around or above 10% at this point. Then we'll work on 15%. If he gets to 20%, he's likely to win. "

That's our strategy for the fall.

davidt!
08-31-2011, 02:33 PM
"Don't know" seems to be a pretty tough candidate this year...and is it too much to ask for the pollsters to stop adding Palin and Gulianni in polls until they actually run?

Rudeman
08-31-2011, 02:48 PM
The results w/o Palin:
Perry 26%
Romney 20%
Bachmann 12%
Paul 10%
Cain 5%
Gingrich 4%
Santorum 2%
Huntsman 1%
McCotter 1%

Don't Know/NA 19%

FreedomProsperityPeace
08-31-2011, 03:08 PM
Dr. Paul has to start chipping away at Perry and Romney's support. September is the ideal time to do that, during the debates. He can't win until he shakes peoples' faith in those two. So far they haven't been tested, and the media sure as hell isn't going to do it.

parocks
09-05-2011, 06:16 AM
Have you seen how we are polling with seniors right now?

Ron Paul is above 0% with seniors. I would say that we're really high in some demographics. We're strong with young male north independents.
not as strong with old female south republicans.

kpitcher
09-05-2011, 06:27 AM
LA Times had a recent poll of 700 Californians. Paul came in 3rd with 11%
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-0905-poll-presidential-20110905,0,6048766.story

Romney 22
Perry 22
Paul 11
Bachman 10

They also link to the full polling data

tangent4ronpaul
09-05-2011, 06:36 AM
Looks like we have really low support with seniors and evangelicals.

tangent4ronpaul
09-05-2011, 06:41 AM
Dr. Paul has to start chipping away at Perry and Romney's support. September is the ideal time to do that, during the debates. He can't win until he shakes peoples' faith in those two. So far they haven't been tested, and the media sure as hell isn't going to do it.

5 debates in the next 2 months...

Palin, Trump and Hitlary have all made recent noises like they are going to jump in. That would really stir up the pot.

tangent4ronpaul
09-05-2011, 06:45 AM
These polls that include undeclared candidates are useless, these people have no real funding and they are not organized like the declared people.
Misinformation designed to obfuscate the reality, this is a three-way race between Paul, Romney & Perry.

4 way race - we're tied with Bachmann

speciallyblend
09-05-2011, 07:58 AM
scary but i see the samething happening as in 2008. The gop establishment will do everything to marginalize ron paul and still are!!! I know we are suppose to be the gop but that is just not reality. reality is the gop establishment still has the gop corrupted and controlled!! god damn the pusher/gopman!!

tmg19103
09-05-2011, 08:34 AM
Polls are pretty meaningless this early.

RP is a solid 3rd in IA and NH where he has advertised and and had meet and greets.

Last election, McCain was way down in the pols this early. Hardly a blip on the screen.

I think a lot of people will wake up to RP this fall/early winter as the true straight talking, sincere, change candidate that people are looking for. They just need to hear about him.

My hope is people will see Perry and Mittens as the typical B.S.politicians they are, and RP will be the logical choice.

My big concern is the election is won by winning over the 55+ voters (like McCain did), and most for them still seem to fall for the standard political B.S. soundbites, and the candidate who looks and sound "presidential".

The 55+ crowd was also raised in a era where we protected the world from communism, and many now feel we must do the same from radial Muslims, so that is a challenge.

It's much harder to educate older people. Old dog, new tricks and all that.