PDA

View Full Version : Important, about Iowa

alien
11-04-2007, 12:07 PM
This is on the official campaign site. I know it is good to bring new supporters obviously, but the campaign is saying they already have the supporters to win Iowa. The thing that they are asking for is to contact the supporters to make sure they know to vote in the primaries. If we keep bringing in supporters and a lot do not know to vote in the primaries it doesn't help us. This was quoted from the site:

"There are a lot of Ron Paul supporters here in Iowa but the only way we can win is if we get them to the caucus. That is where you come in. We need to call all the registered republicans in Iowa, find that 5% and make sure we get them to the caucus. There's no need to waste time converting anybody on the phone, there are enough people that like Ron Paul already to win the caucus - it is just a matter of finding them and getting them to the caucus."

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/states/iowa/

Win_Witka
11-04-2007, 12:17 PM
This is what I gave to all the Meet-up groups in South Carolina to give to all their members and other Ron Paul supporters. I think it's a great idea. You can use it or change to fit your needs. It's an idea for you to use.

__________________________________________________ ____________________

I was reading in the Ron Paul forums and came across a thread about scheduling a Ron Paul rally at our state capitol or other important landmark.

The parts written in bold letters was taken from the Ron Paul Forum. The rest of it was written for us to use for our meet-up groups and Ron Paul Supporters. I think this is a great idea; that is if it hasn't been done yet.

RALLY

Schedule about a month or more ahead of time or whatever timeframe works for
us on our Anderson event calendar reserving a location where the event is going to be; at our capitol; that should be relatively easy to do and should cost us little or little to nothing.
__________________________________________________ ____________________________
CALL/WRITE/E-MAIL

At some point we can also encourage your meet-up group and other Ron Paul supporters to call, write and e-mail their state district officials; (representatives and senators) ask them to endorse RON PAUL for President: if they have the time.

{If you should get the receptionist when you call; tell him/her to take a message, ask that the senator or representative be given the message {below} that a constituent in <your> district called urging him/her to endorse Ron Paul and if possible to have them call you back. (so leave your contact info.)

"Hello, this is <your name> in <your> district.

I am calling regarding the Presidential Nomination of 2008.
May I speak to <representative> or <senator>?

I wanted to let you know that I am very excited about
Congressman Ron Paul for President, and I encourage
you to support him for President because he [Use your list of Ron Paul’s issues]

Give your members a calling deadline; and give them frequent reminders.

We Want Representative Ron Paul to be Different from Every Other Candidate

Here is the site where you can find your area senators and representatives.

scstatehouse.net --- click on senate then under members by district you will find their address & phone number and then by e-mail.

The idea is for each meet-up group make your own list of what you think are the best Ron Paul’s issues and when your making your calls, e-mail and writing your letters you can choose how many you wish to use.

Enjoy yourselves and have fun.

Kelley-Secretary
From Meet-up Group 951
Anderson, SC

me3
11-04-2007, 12:19 PM
Uhm, 5% is enough to win? I'm really confused.

Win_Witka
11-04-2007, 12:20 PM
It's not showing the bold parts but some of the credit goes to the person in this RP forum

Win_Witka
11-04-2007, 12:21 PM
well even so if you only need 5% it's still a good idea to get the people to do

Win_Witka
11-04-2007, 12:31 PM
k, This is what I personally did and what I had my meet-up group do: Most people have Yahoo messenger, MSN Messenger and some other kind of messenger (chat sites) I e-mailed everyone that was in my state (and elsewhere) and asked them to support Ron Paul. Is this the kind of support you mean

me3
11-04-2007, 12:36 PM
k, This is what I personally did and what I had my meet-up group do: Most people have Yahoo messenger, MSN Messenger and some other kind of messenger (chat sites) I e-mailed everyone that was in my state (and elsewhere) and asked them to support Ron Paul. Is this the kind of support you mean
That's a very good start. But they have to be registered Republican if I remember correctly.

Win_Witka
11-04-2007, 12:37 PM
Go around and leave slim jims and info on who to contact (your meet-up group) at your local gun shops, real estate offices, hotels/motels, salons/barber shops, pin ups at your grocery stores/department stores, and any other places that you wouldn't think of placing.

Win_Witka
11-04-2007, 12:39 PM
In your message you can ask them if they are a registered republican. If they reply back and say yes then send another message with another message about supporting Ron Paul.

stevedasbach
11-04-2007, 12:43 PM
That's a very good start. But they have to be registered Republican if I remember correctly.

My understanding from previous posts is that they can change parties at the caucus itself.

risiusj
11-04-2007, 12:49 PM
My understanding from previous posts is that they can change parties at the caucus itself.

That's true, but it's highly recommended that you are registered Republican at least a couple weeks beforehand.