PDA

View Full Version : Drunk Cop Opens Fire On Trannies

Rael
08-30-2011, 08:53 PM
Officer in transgender shooting had prior alcohol run-ins
By: Scott McCabe

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://washingtonexaminer.com/local/2011/08/officer-transgender-shooting-had-prior-alcohol-run-ins#ixzz1WZTlFFmF

The D.C. police officer accused of drunkenly shooting at transgendered people has been punished at least twice before for alcohol-related incidents, records and sources said.

Charging documents released Monday described how Kenneth Furr crashed his Cadillac into another vehicle early Friday morning, stood on the hood of the victims' vehicle and shouted, "I'm gonna kill all of you."

There were five people in the other vehicle, police said. One person suffered multiple gunshot wounds to the arm and hand, and two others were hurt in the attack.

Police said Furr, a 20-year-veteran, blew a 0.15 on an alcohol breath-test machine after the shooting -- nearly twice the legal limit for drivers in D.C.

He remains held on charges of DWI and assault with a deadly weapon. His first court appearance is scheduled for Tuesday, and he has been segregated from the other prisoners.

Furr's attorney said he could not comment about the case or Officer Furr, who police say is on paid leave.

According to charging documents, Furr got into an argument with several transgendered people outside the CVS pharmacy at 400 Massachusetts Avenue at about 4:40 a.m. Friday. He pulled a gun on one of the victims, who then reported the incident to an off-duty D.C. police officer working security at the pharmacy, charging documents said.

The CVS officer determined that Furr was an "off-duty officer, and therefore no further action was necessary," the charging document said.

The victims later saw Furr driving his Cadillac and followed him in their car, police said.

Furr got out of his vehicle, pointed the gun at the driver. The sequence of the events that followed is unclear is unclear. Patrol officers nearby said they heard the cars crash and then rapid gunfire. The victims said Furr fired first and then the cars struck.

Officers found Furr standing on the hood, pointing his off-duty service weapon at the windshield. Police recovered five shell casings that matched Furr's weapon.

A spokeswoman said she could not comment about whether police are looking to see if Furr might be connected to the two early morning shootings of transgendered people in Northeast Washington earlier this summer.

It wasn't the first time Furr has gotten into trouble.

He was arrested in 2004 for driving while intoxicated and operating while impaired, according to court records. He pleaded no contest and the charges were dropped after he completed a diversion program.

He was suspended for between 30 and 90 days in that case, according to city records.

On Christmas Day 1996, Furr and another officer were on duty when they got into a drunken argument with a mother and son. Police brass placed Furr on administrative leave and tried to fire him, but he was reinstated in 1998 after a change in police chiefs.

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://washingtonexaminer.com/local/2011/08/officer-transgender-shooting-had-prior-alcohol-run-ins#ixzz1WZTV9ocF

CaptainAmerica
08-30-2011, 08:54 PM
Cops always get away with breaking the law.

pcosmar
08-30-2011, 08:57 PM
"a 20-year-veteran,"

I wonder how many lives he has adversely affected in that time?

MJU1983
08-30-2011, 09:04 PM
It wasn't the first time Furr has gotten into trouble.

He was arrested in 2004 for driving while intoxicated and operating while impaired, according to court records. He pleaded no contest and the charges were dropped after he completed a diversion program.

He was suspended for between 30 and 90 days in that case, according to city records.

On Christmas Day 1996, Furr and another officer were on duty when they got into a drunken argument with a mother and son. Police brass placed Furr on administrative leave and tried to fire him, but he was reinstated in 1998 after a change in police chiefs.

What a joke. Couldn't be more perfect that it is D.C.

squarepusher
08-30-2011, 09:07 PM
what a joke

kylejack
08-30-2011, 09:25 PM
Ridiculous. I hope he sees a lot of jail time. Trannies is an offensive term, by the way. More details here: http://www.glaad.org/reference/transgender

Rael
08-31-2011, 11:17 AM
Ridiculous. I hope he sees a lot of jail time. Trannies is an offensive term, by the way. More details here: http://www.glaad.org/reference/transgender

That's what the Drudge headline said. How about a term like "gender pretender" ?

KingRobbStark
08-31-2011, 11:28 AM
That's what the Drudge headline said. How about a term like "gender pretender" ?

lol good one.

surf
08-31-2011, 11:28 AM
attempted murder, assault, assault with a deadly weapon, dui, and hatecrimes....

will he keep his job?

oyarde
08-31-2011, 11:32 AM
attempted murder, assault, assault with a deadly weapon, dui, and hatecrimes....

will he keep his job? Probably not , but could get some paid vacation first , time to look for another , and then start drawing his pension. Will he be able to draw his pension while in jail ? Probably , but I do not know.

pcosmar
08-31-2011, 11:44 AM
will he keep his job?

he will likely make a retirement deal.

pcosmar
08-31-2011, 11:45 AM
what a joke

I am failing to see any humor in this.

brushfire
08-31-2011, 12:19 PM
D.C. - the land where the kings army protects the people. There is no need for a citizen to have a firearm as the police, who are of good character and are specially trained, are there to protect you (unless you are assaulted, battered, robbed, etc). Well, at least this was the case before Heller - we'll see what happens in Palmer V DC.

PastaRocket848
08-31-2011, 12:21 PM
i'm as personally opposed to trans-sexualism as (most) other people are, and i frankly am offended that some mentally ill dude can put on a wig and a skirt and expect me call him sally, but shooting them? really? whatever happened to not agreeing with someone, yet fighting to the death for their right to do it? i would never suggest that people shouldnt be allowed to play dressup, i just think it's ridiculous and destructive.

this cop needs to be locked up. for good.

Revolution9
08-31-2011, 12:28 PM

This one is offended/offensive.

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/2009/07/custom_1248548924723_tranny.jpg

Rev9

PaulConventionWV
08-31-2011, 01:41 PM

I prefer "gender bender."

youngbuck
08-31-2011, 02:14 PM
At first I thought the story would be about a cop shooting at transmissions...:toady:

Invi
08-31-2011, 02:18 PM
Most seem to prefer simply "trans" or "gender *****."
That really isn't important to anyone as far as the story goes, aside from maybe motive.
He's still shooting people, regardless of their sexual or gender orientation. Disgusting.

A Son of Liberty
08-31-2011, 02:18 PM
Yeah... "Trannies"? Come on.

Nate-ForLiberty
08-31-2011, 02:29 PM
Oh no! Danke, are you ok?!

oyarde
09-01-2011, 10:19 AM
Ridiculous. I hope he sees a lot of jail time. Trannies is an offensive term, by the way. More details here: http://www.glaad.org/reference/transgender I had no idea trannie was offensive , talk about offensive , how about that congressional black caucus ?

Danke
09-09-2011, 05:39 AM
Oh no! Danke, are you ok?!

Yeah, nice of you to be thinking of me, again.

I guess it is not such a smart idea to follow a cop that had just pulled a gun on you at the store and been released by another cop.

Nate-ForLiberty
09-09-2011, 06:08 AM
Yeah, nice of you to be thinking of me, again.

I guess it is not such a smart idea to follow a cop that had just pulled a gun on you at the store and been released by another cop.

jesus, that took forever. wasn't nearly as fun as it coulda been.

Danke
09-09-2011, 06:14 AM
jesus, that took forever. wasn't nearly as fun as it coulda been.

I'm always surprised when I am searching for something else (or one gets bumped) and run across a thread I never saw before.

sickmint79
09-09-2011, 08:29 AM
wow, that's horrible.