PDA

View Full Version : Ex-Bush Official: "I am Willing to Testify" If Dick Cheney is Put on Trial

hillbilly123069
08-30-2011, 06:21 PM
Sweet!
http://www.democracynow.org/2011/8/30/ex_bush_official_col_lawrence_wilkerson

Teaser Rate
08-30-2011, 07:24 PM
Just what the world needed, another former Bush staffer willing to disparage his service and his country in exchange for the shallow praise and adoration from the extreme left.

hillbilly123069
08-30-2011, 07:31 PM
You're kidding, right?

Napolitanic Wars
08-30-2011, 07:33 PM
This might give disillusioned Obama staff the courage to come forward...in time.

MJU1983
08-30-2011, 07:36 PM
Just what the world needed, another former Bush staffer willing to disparage his service and his country in exchange for the shallow praise and adoration from the extreme left.

Or those crazy people who believe in our Constitution and the rule of law. Or anyone who hates lying sociopathic warmongers...

I say round up H.W. Bush, Clinton, W. Bush, and Obama for war crimes. Hopefully most of their administrations too, not just Cheney and Rumsfeld.

Teaser Rate
08-30-2011, 07:42 PM
You're kidding, right?

Why else would he come forward and say what he did? He knows full well that there's never going to be a trial because America is not a banana republic which puts its former government officials in jail.

LibertyEagle
08-30-2011, 07:49 PM
Why else would he come forward and say what he did? He knows full well that there's never going to be a trial because America is not a banana republic which puts its former government officials in jail.

A banana republic is when government officials, ex or not, are not held accountable to the rule of law. No one should be above the law. No one.

Napolitanic Wars
08-30-2011, 07:51 PM
He knows full well that there's never going to be a trial because America is not a banana republic which puts its former government officials in jail.

Um, friend, a republic that holds everyone accountable for their crimes, even the most elite politicians, is not a banana republic. In fact, it would be the opposite.

Austrian Econ Disciple
08-30-2011, 08:06 PM

Russel Kirk:

http://www.amconmag.com/mccarthy/2006/12/16/war-for-oil/

That extreme-lefty. :lol: In any event, you shouldn't try so hard to be a troll; it's more authentic if you deviate just a bit sometimes.

Tarzan
08-30-2011, 08:07 PM
I say round up H.W. Bush, Clinton, W. Bush, and Obama for war crimes. Hopefully most of their administrations too, not just Cheney and Rumsfeld.

And Wolfowitz... he needs to be one of the first in line!!!

MJU1983
08-30-2011, 08:09 PM

Of course. ;)

NewRightLibertarian
08-30-2011, 08:09 PM
A banana republic is when government officials, ex or not, are not held accountable to the rule of law. No one should be above the law. No one.

Don't even respond to Teaser Rate. He's a troll spouting nonsense.

Austrian Econ Disciple
08-30-2011, 08:10 PM

Don't forget John C. Yoo. I could name off about 200 others, going back all the way to Carter, but we have to start somewhere and get the ball rolling. I would really like to see Madeleine Albright on trial for her mass-crimes.

vita3
08-30-2011, 08:11 PM
Hang the traitors.

Austrian Econ Disciple
08-30-2011, 08:12 PM
Hang the traitors.

Let's not go Jacobin. Exile would be sufficient.

kill the banks
08-30-2011, 08:53 PM
like to hang whole bankster mafia with them ... I 'd settle for anti rackets and jail

asurfaholic
08-30-2011, 09:37 PM
Why cant ron paul supporters just convene and hold a 200 person (or 2m) civilian court. These people - cheney included, were elected, or appointed by someone elected to represent the people who vote. We are the governing body!!

So let's pull our dicks from the dirt and convene in orderly fashion and hold these power wielding public servants accountible. The first step would be to obtain witness testimony. The next step follows.

Mach
08-30-2011, 10:57 PM

Negative Rep needed a comment.........

Cutlerzzz
08-30-2011, 11:11 PM
Who can't love Teaser Rate? He is the boards best troll.

asurfaholic
08-30-2011, 11:56 PM
I hope there is some degree of sarcasm in TR's post...

tremendoustie
08-31-2011, 06:15 AM

Because in real countries government officials can commit whatever abuse they want with no accountability, right?

tremendoustie
08-31-2011, 06:17 AM
Let's not go Jacobin. Exile would be sufficient.

I prefer work camp, with the proceeds going to taxpayers.

acptulsa
08-31-2011, 06:22 AM
Don't even respond to Teaser Rate. He's a troll spouting nonsense.

Don't respond? You're kidding, right?

Why do you think this forum is so tolerant of trolls? Trolls are for pwning. Helps n00bs understand, and helps us keep our wits well honed.

Come on, not respond to a troll? Surely you don't want us to look like we don't approve of accountability in our elected officials. People might mistake us for neocons and other totalitarian figures. Can't have that.

GunnyFreedom
08-31-2011, 06:32 AM

Yeah man, you totally slipped your cogs on that one. The definition of 'banana republic' is where officials are not held accountable to the law. The definition of a "Republic" is where even the President is accountable to the law of the land, the Constitution. It is only in failing to hold former leaders accountable where we become a banana republic.

That should be obvious, actually.

lucky_bg
08-31-2011, 07:18 AM

WTF?! I thought banana republics don't put their former government officials in jail, and law abiding countries put ALL criminals in jail, regardless if they are former government officials or not.

You have earned another neg rep! :mad:

YumYum
08-31-2011, 09:35 AM
This was on the msnbc web site:

Ex-Powell aide: Dick Cheney fears prosecution for war crimes

'(Cheney) knew the Texas governor was not steeped in anything but baseball ... He was president for all practical purposes for the first term'

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44337958/ns/us_news-security/#.Tl5RfKiSflV

hillbilly123069
08-31-2011, 09:47 AM

How many family in the military have to die before a politician is held accountable for the lies they propagated to further a govt agenda not in the interests of the american people? They lied. Kids are going to grow up without parents for no good reason because they lied and lied some more. They have run this country into bankruptcy in the process. Where does it stop???? You willing to send your kids overseas to fight for oil???
I think he did it because his conscience ate him up.

AuH20
08-31-2011, 09:58 AM
How many family in the military have to die before a politician is held accountable for the lies they propagated to further a govt agenda not in the interests of the american people? They lied. Kids are going to grow up without parents for no good reason because they lied and lied some more. They have run this country into bankruptcy in the process. Where does it stop???? You willing to send your kids overseas to fight for oil???
I think he did it because his conscience ate him up.

The militarism is not the single agent for the impending bankruptcy. It goes alot deeper than that. The entire system, from the corporate boardrooms down to the union halls, is built on the principle of an unrepentant parasitism.

hillbilly123069
08-31-2011, 10:25 AM
The incompetent govt is the single agent for the bankruptcy along with all the other problems the US is facing. They have a no-limit credit card and don't have to answer to us for anything they are doing.

Lucille
08-31-2011, 10:29 AM

Yeah man, you totally slipped your cogs on that one. The definition of 'banana republic' is where officials are not held accountable to the law. The definition of a "Republic" is where even the President is accountable to the law of the land, the Constitution. It is only in failing to hold former leaders accountable where we become a banana republic.

That should be obvious, actually.

Exactly.

COpatriot
08-31-2011, 11:14 AM
http://images.paraorkut.com/img/funnypics/images/j/jail_fail-12863.jpg

KingRobbStark
08-31-2011, 11:22 AM

Another shallow post by Teaser Rate to gain the attention of RPF members.

Teaser Rate
08-31-2011, 06:18 PM
It seems like my last comment upset a few people, so I’d like to clarify it.

Whether you agree with this or not, Dick Cheney will never be put on trial for any actions he took as Vice-President. The former Bush official’s comments serve absolutely no practical purpose whatsoever to than to blemish the Bush administration and the integrity of his country’s government, and subsequently, his service to it.

Secondly, what most of you guys are proposing has never happened in our nation's history before and for good reason. Our system of government is not designed to cope with such an event. Going after a former administration would destroy a President chances to ever get anything done. Even if you guys think Cheney and co. are 100% guilty, I don't think most of you would like a Paul administration to spend its entire term prosecuting them instead of addressing more pressing issues.

Thirdly, think about what precedent such a trial would create, opposition parties would routinely launch investigations against their predecessors for political gain to the point where our entire political system became unviable. Going after Cheney today could lead to a Democratic President going after members of a Paul administration for wanting to abolish FEMA. Our entire political system would lose all credibility and we'd become a laughing stock.

Lastly, I don't think most people here should be so quick to condemn the Bush administration for their actions in a post-9/11 world. While it's easy to say "waterboarding is wrong" and "give Saddam another chance" when you pay no price for being wrong, I'd bet that most of us would become a lot less reluctant to use force in situations where not doing so could cost millions of American lives.

Like them or not, the Bush administration kept us safe from terrorists attacks after 9/11. And that's not small feat.

talkingpointes
08-31-2011, 06:35 PM

Whether you agree with this or not, Dick Cheney will never be put on trial for any actions he took as Vice-President. The former Bush official’s comments serve absolutely no practical purpose whatsoever to than to blemish the Bush administration and the integrity of his country’s government, and subsequently, his service to it.

Secondly, what most of you guys are proposing has never happened in our nation's history before and for good reason. Our system of government is not designed to cope with such an event. Going after a former administration would destroy a President chances to ever get anything done. Even if you guys think Cheney and co. are 100% guilty, I don't think most of you would like a Paul administration to spend its entire term prosecuting them instead of addressing more pressing issues.

Thirdly, think about what precedent such a trial would create, opposition parties would routinely launch investigations against their predecessors for political gain to the point where our entire political system became unviable. Going after Cheney today could lead to a Democratic President going after members of a Paul administration for wanting to abolish FEMA. Our entire political system would lose all credibility and we'd become a laughing stock.

Lastly, I don't think most people here should be so quick to condemn the Bush administration for their actions in a post-9/11 world. While it's easy to say "waterboarding is wrong" and "give Saddam another chance" when you pay no price for being wrong, I'd bet that most of us would become a lot less reluctant to use force in situations where not doing so could cost millions of American lives.

Like them or not, the Bush administration kept us safe from terrorists attacks after 9/11. And that's not small feat.

Lucille
08-31-2011, 06:39 PM

But who will keep us safe from the USG?

9/11 was the biggest failure of the fedgov in the history of the republic. The fact that it has any credibility in even one American's eyes boggles the mind.

We already are a laughing stock. "Land of the Free / Home of the Brave?" BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Danke
08-31-2011, 06:52 PM

Like them or not, the Bush administration kept us safe from terrorists attacks after 9/11. And that's not small feat.\\

You R an idiot. No, let me rephrase that, U R a fucking idiot. And no, I will not play "The Federal Reserve game" in your signature. GTFO. PLS. Thank You.

flightlesskiwi
08-31-2011, 07:06 PM

your post, your mentality, is one of the things that is wrong with our republic.

you have obviously taken time and put thought into drawing the conclusions that you just presented.

i feel badly for you.

have fun licking the boots of those who keep you "safe."

MJU1983
08-31-2011, 08:20 PM

Yeah, really. If that guy/gal/thing is serious...God help us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10d56dzPax0